Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 12:08   #286
BHPian

[quote=teamveevee;1671224]

@Rahulk76, Is this you who had posted pics on post#163 on page 11
Old 8th January 2010, 12:41   #287
BHPian

The impact of ARIA can be found by the expression on the face of the Jap/Korean guy standing next in the above pic. That says all.
Old 8th January 2010, 14:13   #288
BHPian

Saw the Aria in person at the Expo yesterday . Looks really cool from the front and sides , the rear could have been more dynamic I guess , though the twin exhaust give it some attitude . Quality of interiors also seem to be very good . I also liked the alloys .

Some pics :
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-img_1341.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-img_1340.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-img_1339.jpg  

Old 8th January 2010, 17:01   #289
BHPian

The Aria (as I have mentioned earlier in the Thread) reminds me so much of the Chrysler Town and Country van I had when I was in US. Even that had fold flat seats. Even the alloys look very similar !!.Here is a comparison:
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-img_1610.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-img_1342.jpg  

Old 8th January 2010, 17:07   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
The Aria (as I have mentioned earlier in the Thread) reminds me so much of the Chrysler Town and Country van I had when I was in US. Even that had fold flat seats. Even the alloys look very similar !!.Here is a comparison:
Yes US is mother of all minivan and SUV markets , The Town and Country had sliding door in 2nd row IIRC and seems to be more spacious in row 3. then ARIA.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:25   #291
Senior - BHPian

Mini review

Just came back from the Auto Expo. I checked out the Aria thoroughly.
Here are my impressions of the car, in comparison the the Innova:

The Aria is nice looking from the outside. The worst feature of the exterior, in my opinion, are the black slats that form a part of the front bumper where the fog lights go. If you were to bend in front of the car that plastic slab looks ugly and unimaginative. Luckily, its a high car so the first thing you notice from the front are the wide grill and lights. You ignore what's happening lower down.

Since its a high car, you sort of clamber into it. I'm afraid the legroom is less than the Innova in the second and third rows.
The third row is particularly bad, even with the middle seats pushed forward. The back of the third row does not recline and the angle is uncomfortable. It is really only for kids or small adults.
The middle row is on rails but the forward and back motion is very limited - one of the pictures earlier in this thread shows the 60:40 middle seats forward and back a few inches, that is the range of motion. With that row pushed back I still felt the Innova has better space in the middle row.

The front seats are comfortable and its a nice place to be in. The dash is neat and ordered. I did feel that the angular shape of the dash and the AC vents did not go with the rounded exterior of the car. There is a disconnect there. The steering position was not ideal but then I didn't mess with the tilt setting.

Some of the things I noticed:
#The inside of the rear hatch has a speaker grill, perhaps for a subwoofer.

#The roof storage bins have a nice opening mechanism. You press a button and it slowly drops down.

#The clutch pedal was not hard and depressed easily. The gear lever slotted well although it had a slight rubbery feel to it. The gear lever was miles ahead of the Innova.

#The black interiors are IMHO ugly. The car looks a lot classier with the beige and wood treatment.

#The 4x2 version is lower than the 4x4 version. A Tata rep told me the 4x2 has all the bells and whistles on par with its more competent sibling.

Now, the things I did not like. For all the work, the interiors still have a Tata, work in progress feel to them.

The AC vents in the pillars smack of poor quality materials. The vents from the central console between the front two seats to cool the middle row were particularly nasty. The plastic reminded me of Maruti 800 vents that used to deform in the summer heat.

The mechanism to tilt the middle row forward to gain access to the third row was hard and difficult.

The middle and third row seemed less padded than the Innova's benches. For that reason, they also felt hard and uncomfortable.

The front individual seats have their own arm rests. They weren't aligned well in the car I sat in. The driver's seat arm rest was curving in and the passenger seat was jutting out a bit. The arm rests can be swung up and down by pulling a lever at the front. During adjustment it bit me! The feel of the lever and its spring mechanism was crude. Once you pull the lever to move the arm rest it becomes free until you release the lever. It doesn't latch into pre-set slots and only stops at the point where you release the lever. A little disconcerting if you are driving and trying to adjust it at the same time.

The general fit finish and feel of the plastics was 2-3 notches below the Innova.

A few things I was told. No automatic version is planned. The second row curtain airbags extend to the third row. There could be an option for a seven seater version with captain seats.

In the MPV category, Innova will remain king. In the SUV 4x4 category the Aria may be a valid, cheaper option compared with the international competition out there, in the same way the Safari and Scorpio are. It will be very interesting to see how Tata positions the Aria.

Last edited by StarScream : 8th January 2010 at 20:31.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:54   #292
BHPian

Tata Aria to hit the road in 3 months, cost Rs 14 lakh - FE

Tata Aria to hit the road in 3 months, cost Rs 14 lakh

Quote:
The much-awaited crossover from the Tata Motors stable, called Aria, is expected to be priced around Rs 12.5- 14.5 lakh in the market.
Quote:
There will be three variants of the vehicle and will have both all wheel (4x4) as well as two wheel drive options (4x2). The car will be competing against vehicles like Honda CR-V, Toyota Fortuner and GM Captiva in the market.
Quote:
......in the range of Honda City, where currently they do not have a product. The concept sedan Pr1ma from the company will be filling this gap soon.

Last edited by VINUMON : 8th January 2010 at 20:55.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:59   #293
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by , KRf1 View Post
Saw the Aria in person at the Expo yesterday

One question. How does the car compare in size with innova, CRv, Fortuner, Xylo..........etc.?
Old 8th January 2010, 23:33   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINUMON View Post
A bit too pricey for my liking.

Way above the competitors.
Does such an segment exist in India? Premium MUV/MPV ?

I just hope this vehicle isn't another TATA Sierra, a vehicle well ahead of its time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Colour is the same, other than that what ?

Last edited by prmd_cochin : 8th January 2010 at 23:36.
Old 8th January 2010, 23:44   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If we can trust the news, Aria is placed above Safari...[Or the new Safari will be placed above Aria at ~20L]. I think the Aria price(14L) is a bit more than many were expecting. Let us see what happens when it comes out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
Colour is the same, other than that what ?
It more resembles Chrysler Pacifica [which is discontinued for model year 2010]

Last edited by teamveevee : 8th January 2010 at 23:48.
Old 8th January 2010, 23:52   #296
Senior - BHPian

I think they need to run massive training program first for A.S.S and for this if even if launch needs to be postponed by a month that should be considered by TML.
Secondly QC bar for component supplier needs to be increased.

If they are seriously targeting high end market that is Fortuner terretory then engine displacement need to go up to deliver 170 - 180 PS , I think tuning 2.2 VTT for maximum 160 PS may have some other implications so they have played safe.

Last edited by amitk26 : 8th January 2010 at 23:57.
Old 9th January 2010, 00:04   #297
Senior - BHPian

All minivans look more or less the same. Pricing seems to be a little expensive. Would just putting more features make a vehicles premium?
Old 9th January 2010, 00:32   #298
Senior - BHPian

lovely report star scream, i was waiting for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Since its a high car, you sort of clamber into it. I'm afraid the legroom is less than the Innova in the second and third rows.
The third row is particularly bad, even with the middle seats pushed forward. The back of the third row does not recline and the angle is uncomfortable. It is really only for kids or small adults.
just what i expected. if legroom is less than innova, its less than xylo too. why would i pay 14 lakhs for an MUV which has no space? cmon tata.

Quote:
Some of the things I noticed:
#The inside of the rear hatch has a speaker grill, perhaps for a subwoofer.
great! so now manufacturers care about ICE lovers too!

Quote:
#The roof storage bins have a nice opening mechanism. You press a button and it slowly drops down.
i noticed the line up of storage bins in one of the pics & was very impressed.

Quote:
#The black interiors are IMHO ugly. The car looks a lot classier with the beige and wood treatment.
same thoughts here.

Quote:
Now, the things I did not like. For all the work, the interiors still have a Tata, work in progress feel to them.

The AC vents in the pillars smack of poor quality materials. The vents from the central console between the front two seats to cool the middle row were particularly nasty. The plastic reminded me of Maruti 800 vents that used to deform in the summer heat.

The mechanism to tilt the middle row forward to gain access to the third row was hard and difficult.

The middle and third row seemed less padded than the Innova's benches. For that reason, they also felt hard and uncomfortable.

The front individual seats have their own arm rests. They weren't aligned well in the car I sat in. The driver's seat arm rest was curving in and the passenger seat was jutting out a bit. The arm rests can be swung up and down by pulling a lever at the front. During adjustment it bit me! The feel of the lever and its spring mechanism was crude. Once you pull the lever to move the arm rest it becomes free until you release the lever. It doesn't latch into pre-set slots and only stops at the point where you release the lever. A little disconcerting if you are driving and trying to adjust it at the same time.

The general fit finish and feel of the plastics was 2-3 notches below the Innova.
all these can be because it was just a showcase car or in worst circumstances, this is indeed the quality of the final vehicle.

Quote:
as expected, pricing is 12-14 lakhs. but given the above review, my excitement has gone down now.
Old 9th January 2010, 01:05   #299
BHPian

Tough competitor for Innova !!!! Thanks bro for the snaps, any idea bout the price ???
Old 9th January 2010, 02:31   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
If we can trust the news, Aria is placed above Safari...[Or the new Safari will be placed above Aria at ~20L]. I think the Aria price(14L) is a bit more than many were expecting. Let us see what happens when it comes out.
It more resembles Chrysler Pacifica [which is discontinued for model year 2010]
I could be wrong, but I always thought Aria(then xover concept) is based on the R-class crossovers from mercedes.No offense, but TATA have a tradition of "being inspired" by mercedes.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th January 2010 at 14:46. Reason: Please see the note that has been put at the end of your post by the Support Team.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks