Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 11:37   #406
BHPian

I have seen this machine during one of its test runs within Pune city and followed it for approx 30 Kms within the city all across through JM Road till Wanowrie. The way it was handling on the road and in tight traffic conditions, it looked definitely promising.

Also had a brief interaction with the test driver and came to know that the vehicle will be placed in comparison to Toyota Innova primarily and is a good to go offering IMO. Not sure about the pricing front though. Should be hopefully under 10L.
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:59   #407
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

interesting article on this vehicle in the latest overdrive mag
if its quality is first class and as claimed, it comes at a price of around 12-14 it just might change the SUV/MUV game for us.
Im looking forward to seeing the 4WD version of this vehicle in the Showrooms - apparently it is scheduled for launch in April 2010.
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:48   #408
BHPian

The Aria is surely a beefy and a chunky ride. But 12 lakhs is the problem. I feel its asking a bit too much. But then again, the high end Innovas are priced almost similarly. Innova rules the MPV market and has a proven track record. Guess we just have to wait and see if the Aria can cause some upsets. I have a feeling this will be a good export option for TATA. Can some one please post reviews about ride quality?
Old 2nd February 2010, 18:11   #409
BHPian

My gut feeling is that TATA will price their Base variant around the price band of Rs. 8-9Lakhs and Top End Aria with 4X4 , 6 airbags, ABS at 12L. TATA needs to repeat MANZA pricing with ARIA too.

I Trust ARIA is not messed up by TATA all again in terms of Product positioning, brand building and pricing like Grande MKii.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:31   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
My gut feeling is that TATA will price their Base variant around the price band of Rs. 8-9Lakhs and Top End Aria with 4X4 , 6 airbags, ABS at 12L. TATA needs to repeat MANZA pricing with ARIA too.
Top End Aria with 4x4, 6 Airbags and ABS at 12 lakhs is not going to happen in my view. This vehicle is meant to be at a premium over the Safari so why would the charge less than the VX Safari with more features. I feel this vehicle will pan the 10 to 14 lakh range.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:33   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"..angle adjustable ability council with a acme adjustable disciplinarian bench.."?
Probably, the write up was ousourced to a Chinese company
Old 2nd February 2010, 20:59   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Can some one please post reviews about ride quality?
From going through this thread and other websites, no one (other than the TML guys) has had a chance to drive this. The reason attributed was that this vehicle is still in undergoing fine-tuning. So once Tatas are ready we can expect few first drive reports and also the reviews.
Old 3rd February 2010, 05:20   #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post

I Trust ARIA is not messed up by TATA all again in terms of Product positioning, brand building and pricing like Grande MKii.

12 Laks for this vehicle? I'm better off with Toyota Innova. Can't beat the build and style of toyota anytime!
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:26   #414
BHPian

I can vouch that Aria beast can do good speeds. Recently I was returning to Bangalore on the NH4 early morning. Close to satara, I was doing some 120kmph and 2 camouflaged Arias just went zoom from my side. I guess there speed was well above 150kmph. I was mighty impressed with what I saw!

waiting for real test drive reviews!
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:33   #415
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I would venture that it would be closer to 14-15 ish because as per reports the new mahindra Global Scorpio or Global Platform SUV is expected sometime in the next one year and from all accounts that is also likely to be priced around the 14-15 mark with similar bells and whistles as the Aria.

these will sit nicely in this mid-premium segment which is a bit of a lacuna at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Top End Aria with 4x4, 6 Airbags and ABS at 12 lakhs is not going to happen in my view. This vehicle is meant to be at a premium over the Safari so why would the charge less than the VX Safari with more features. I feel this vehicle will pan the 10 to 14 lakh range.
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:49   #416
BHPian

If Tata Aria gets the pricing right it will be a tough life for Innova. However, its a matter of time before Toyota make some face lifts for the Innova and add a 4WD option as well. But yes, the high end Aria they claim is 12 lakhs. I feel 14 lakhs is more like it. I read the host of features it comes with, it also has GPS navigation. GULP!!!
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:14   #417
BHPian

I feel 14 is way too high for TATA brand and most of the customers may shy away from Aria for this price.Best pricing range is to price along with Innova,because Innova is a proved product and if you demand a high price for Unproved product(remember Tata niggling issues).When you place product above 10 lakh reliability comes first which TATA should prove.

Toyota has removed the taxi variant in Innova after face lift and still it's able to sells around 4500 unit month ,so this says how innova has caught the market.

Last edited by Sudan_NFS : 3rd February 2010 at 15:16.
Old 4th February 2010, 13:16   #418
BHPian

What are Tata doing with the Aria. First it was scheduled to launch after the launch of Manza after Diwali, then at the auto expo, and now in April. I am sure that there is something amiss there... Maybe the scoop masters can help shed some more light!
Old 4th February 2010, 13:34   #419
Senior - BHPian

I do not think there is a confusion, it was announced that it will be available to customers from second quarter on 2010.
Old 4th February 2010, 13:40   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
I feel 14 is way too high for TATA brand and most of the customers may shy away from Aria for this price.Best pricing range is to price along with Innova,because Innova is a proved product and if you demand a high price for Unproved product(remember Tata niggling issues).When you place product above 10 lakh reliability comes first which TATA should prove.

Toyota has removed the taxi variant in Innova after face lift and still it's able to sells around 4500 unit month ,so this says how innova has caught the market.
I have seen many posts regarding high cost won't work for TATA brand or some other brand. Why do we have a bias? If the product is good, why not pay for it. Is it the hidden 'snob' gene that is at work here?
Well, if Tata Safari can be sold for 12+ why not Aria for 14+, if TATA positions Aria above Safari. Hey! TATA now owns Jaguar and Land Rover, two of the premium luxury brands of the world.
May be, people won't mind the 14+ price, if the same TATA Aria is badged as 'Jaguar Aria'
No offense meant to any one, just something that was bothering me for quite some time. (Stereotyping one and all)

Last edited by thalavoy : 4th February 2010 at 13:41. Reason: Typo
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks