Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 20:12   #646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickxx2006 View Post
Yesterday morning when I was doing my morning jogging, I saw red coloured Tata Aria driven by two middle aged men. The car was not disgused at all. I followed it up for some time. Couldn't see thru the interiors.

Few observations -
Its quite big.
Engine is quite noisy, does not sound a refined one.
Looks ok (IMHO)
On that Engine being noisy - how would you compare it with Current Safari Engine?

I wonder if TATA are trying a new Engine, the 3 litre dicor shown at the Auto Show. More so after reading this news piece about TATA launching a new bus in Dubai with a "new generation dicor 3 litre BS-IV engine"

here is a link - Tata Motors showcases the Tata Starbus Skool and Tata Xenon at the 'Made in India' show | TradingMarkets.com
Old 11th June 2010, 00:15   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
I think, Aria has round wheels which are copied from some x model .

Please tell me any perticular design from Tata which has received comment "UGLY" when you look at it first.
Sumo Grande thats one ugly car only beaten in ugly looks by Xylo
Old 11th June 2010, 02:49   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Sumo Grande thats one ugly car only beaten in ugly looks by Xylo
I would agree with that. The Grande looks good from the front but the side and the rear don't. Just my personal opinion, it is still much better looking than the competition (Tavera, Xylo).
Old 11th June 2010, 10:52   #649
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

One can get a false perception of a car engine being very noisy from the exterior if we pass a revewed up engine going at 80+ speeds. Even the Innova engine is noisy in that sense. But internally both could be quite.

Thanks to the earlier TCIC engine, TATA's have perfected the art of engine noise isolation for the interiors.
Old 12th June 2010, 11:02   #650
Senior - BHPian

Saw the TATA Aria today (white and maroon colour) in flesh on the Kangeyam to Dharapuram Stretch , which is the testing roads for all TATA cars . It was coming on the opposite side and it was pretty fast really. I really liked the macho front looks. Even spotted the TATA MINIVAN .
Old 12th June 2010, 19:47   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Thanks to the earlier TCIC engine, TATA's have perfected the art of engine noise isolation for the interiors.
Oh cummon, TATA's have nowhere perfected it. They are not even industry benchmarks.

I hope Aria doesn't have this problem of wind noise intruding into the cabin at high speeds, which is quite prevalent in other Tata cars.
Old 12th June 2010, 19:51   #652
Senior - BHPian

I am more inclined to understand how they have implemented their AWD and related.

Suspension would be my next interest.

We are almost near.
Old 12th June 2010, 20:52   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Oh cummon, TATA's have nowhere perfected it. They are not even industry benchmarks.

I hope Aria doesn't have this problem of wind noise intruding into the cabin at high speeds, which is quite prevalent in other Tata cars.
Wind noise somehow manages to enter the cabin even in the best of them. But it depends on what speed though.

In my bimmer, I can start to hear the wind noise around 90-100 mile range. May be it is better in the later models.

Can anyone say at what speed does one hear the wind noise in the latest offering from TATA - The manza sedan? Hope ARIA does better..
Old 12th June 2010, 22:19   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow! Whatever Indian makers do, we all criticise that. Sir, better your drive a TCIC Safari and see the difference on how the TATA's have been doing the art of sound-proofing their engines.
And tell me a car in the Indian market that fully isolates wind noise and engine noise. The mighty Lamborghini's V12 too is noisy inside cabin.

Last edited by mercedised : 12th June 2010 at 22:22.
Old 14th June 2010, 13:49   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post

Can anyone say at what speed does one hear the wind noise in the latest offering from TATA - The manza sedan? Hope ARIA does better..
I have been driving the Grande MKII for the last 5 months now and most of it on the highways.. I normally cruise aronund 100Kmph, but have not gone beyond 120KMPH on the speedometer and surprisingly there is hardly any wind noise..
Old 14th June 2010, 13:54   #656
Senior - BHPian

In safari the wind noise is there above 130 Kmp , 140 - 160 it is really loud. At 120 kmph you can easily here the turbo whistle but above 130 the turbo whistle is subdued in the wind noise. Below 110 both engine and wind-noise are quite low.
Old 14th June 2010, 17:58   #657
BHPian

Hi guys,

Seems the wait it over a 50 per day production is slated to be started from tomorrow, because the paint shop will go online today. A sure shot launch is very near, can expect in last week of june or 1st week of july.
Old 14th June 2010, 18:24   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Wow! Whatever Indian makers do, we all criticise that. Sir, better your drive a TCIC Safari and see the difference on how the TATA's have been doing the art of sound-proofing their engines.
And tell me a car in the Indian market that fully isolates wind noise and engine noise. The mighty Lamborghini's V12 too is noisy inside cabin.
Sir, I have been driving mostly Tata Safaris for the last 4 lac kms that I have driven since 2004. So, please be rest assured that you can count me among the few who know the differences in driving a TCIC, 3.0 and 2.2 vtt quite well.

I am not here to pick a fight or patronize a product. And if you think that sound proofing in the VTT is very good then please try the Mhawk. I have the opportunity to own both and the Mhawk is much better in this department.

I am no Indian manufacturer hater. If I were one, I wouldn't be putting aside million rupees for buying Indian products (which includes the most expensive Tata product on offer today).
Pls do visit my Safari ownership thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...rm-update.html

Lastly, think twice before you comment. Thanks
Old 14th June 2010, 18:48   #659
Senior - BHPian

Any updates about ARIA specs, Here.

Quote:
Lastly, think twice before you comment. Thanks
(!) Yes, will do that for sure.
BTW, Me too in the same category. I have clocked 2Lacs on the TCIC Safari and own it since 2004(almost). For any doubts, my thread is below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...00-review.html

But, I would still like to know about the car that isolates wind noise and engine noise fully?

Last edited by mercedised : 14th June 2010 at 18:49.
Old 14th June 2010, 19:26   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
In safari the wind noise is there above 130 Kmp , 140 - 160 it is really loud. At 120 kmph you can easily here the turbo whistle but above 130 the turbo whistle is subdued in the wind noise. Below 110 both engine and wind-noise are quite low.
Very precise and YES, I had the "very" same experience in my recent Chennai-Bangalore drive.

Prem.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks