Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2010, 11:38   #676
BHPian

If its priced between 10 to 15 lakhs then I am assuming that its wont be just eating into the sales of other MUVs.It might have the potential to divert other potential customers who are looking out forthe space of C+ sedan(read Altis /Cruze/ etc.) but getting held back due to finances.

PS: For those of you who are thinking whether a person vying for a toyota will shift his focus on to a TATA, looking at Aria he might, we already have a Manza and Altis owner Mr.Sunil Albal who prefers the back seat space and comfort of a Manza to that of the Altis.

Last edited by MihirC : 25th June 2010 at 11:41.
Old 25th June 2010, 11:54   #677
Senior - BHPian

I had called the dealership yesterday to enquire about the Punto 90hp, and they told me that the only new launch they have information about is the Aria. So I guess the launch is quite near.

I was more concerned about the Punto, so I didn't ask for the Aria launch dates.
Old 25th June 2010, 18:46   #678
Senior - BHPian

Concord person asked me to at least take a test drive, He was suggesting to shift from Safari to Aria ( Well I am not in mood) citing it has ESP ,Hill ascent , hill descent , full time 4WD etc.

They promised to call me for test drive as and when launch happens and they get a TD vehicle. Now I am not sure if they will remember that promise or not since I said I want to keep my safari for 2 more years.
Old 25th June 2010, 20:56   #679
BANNED

I dont think people will buy tata products priced beyond 10L +,this is the problem with Maruti (Vitara) and Hyundai (Elantra,Terracan,Embera,Tuscon) too

Even If the product is really superior to innova and if it priced equal to innova there is another problem .The Taxi Market-Aria will outsell innova in this

I am already kicking myself as to why Toyota is selling innova to CALL TAXIs,CAB is fine

Let me see how the market reacts ?
Old 25th June 2010, 22:04   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
I dont think people will buy tata products priced beyond 10L +,this is the problem with Maruti (Vitara) and Hyundai (Elantra,Terracan,Embera,Tuscon) too

Even If the product is really superior to innova and if it priced equal to innova there is another problem .The Taxi Market-Aria will outsell innova in this

I am already kicking myself as to why Toyota is selling innova to CALL TAXIs,CAB is fine

Let me see how the market reacts ?

I don't think Rs.10L + is a problem if the product is good. In that price range TATA is selling a decent no. of safaris every month. With all the discussed features, ARIA seems a much better deal than safari in the mentioned price range. So I don't think that will be a problem.

Vitara, Elantra, etc. have been failures world over not just india. It is not a valid comparison.
Old 25th June 2010, 22:19   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
I don't think Rs.10L + is a problem if the product is good. In that price range TATA is selling a decent no. of safaris every month. With all the discussed features, ARIA seems a much better deal than safari in the mentioned price range. So I don't think that will be a problem.

Vitara, Elantra, etc. have been failures world over not just india. It is not a valid comparison.
completely agree..i am myself surprised seeing how many new safari have been coming on road knowing its almost a decade old product. I dont think that TATA will have problem selling Aria if product is proved to be good and reliable
Old 25th June 2010, 22:23   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post

+1 to that gshanky, just to add to what you have said the Safari range starts at 9L and goes up till 15L (OTR Bangalore)so people are very well open to the idea of spending upto 15L quite comfortably for a TATA vehicle (VX 4X4) provided the product caters to their requirement.

Top of the line Aria is expected to have much more goodies not just with respect to the comfort features but also safety features like ESP/Traction control etc etc. The fit and finish levels are supposed to be the best in a TATA vehicle yet as also seen in the expo.

If the overall product is good , people will not have reservations , times are changing for good.

Last edited by MihirC : 25th June 2010 at 22:40.
Old 25th June 2010, 22:33   #683
Senior - BHPian

900 safari's compared to the 5k Innova's and 7k(Xylo & Scorpio) are not good numbers.
Even the 20+ Lac fortuner outsells the safari.
Old 25th June 2010, 22:43   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
900 safari's compared to the 5k Innova's and 7k(Xylo & Scorpio) are not good numbers.
Safari is not very commonly used as taxi where as the others are.

Quote:
Fortuner outsells not only Safari, but every sedan above 10+ Lakhs.
Old 25th June 2010, 22:46   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Good point. I too think that TATA sells, but not good enough. If it were me, I would go for a similarly priced Toyota with a bit less features than go for a TATA, loaded but shoddily built. (I'm talking about 10+ lac segment).

Though TATA sure are improving a lot, lets hope the ARIA outdoes every TATA product till today.
Old 25th June 2010, 22:50   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well same kind of BS is churned out everytime , You need to discount people mover segment from Safari sales 14L onroad safari VX to 9.5 L LX on-road sells despite being 5 seater and 12 year old design and that is good number to indicate that people buy this in purely personal mover segment. Speculation of Not buying Tata beyond 10 lakh is pure BS.
Innova , Scorpio and Xylo mainly sells because they can seat 8 people and suit indian joint families or taxi where as 900 - 1200 Safari depending on month sell due to appeal of vehicle to personal user segment.

Aria has 3 row of seating and definitely it may appeal to family and luxury transport segment. Personal usage segment will find it VFM as compared to fortuner once they launch the 3.0 L engine next year due to AWD , ESP ,HCA<HCD ad 6 airbags + host of features

BTW care to give fortuner numbers now or after 6 months
Old 25th June 2010, 22:53   #687
BHPian

regarding success of Aria lets not forget that except Sumo Grande none of the TATA cars have been market dud even though we always complain about their reliability issues and high maintenance cost but most of the "conzoos" people have indica and still buy indica due to low running cost

i strongly feel Aria will be a hit and this way TATA will enter the new chapter of high quality automobiles second to none in india

As for their products i feel sometimes they deliberately compromise on quality to keep costs down..see how they have been updating indigo and still introducing new variants and making it desirable.
Old 25th June 2010, 22:59   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post
regarding success of Aria lets not forget that except Sumo Grande none of the TATA cars have been market dud even though we always complain about their reliability issues and high maintenance cost but most of the "conzoos" people have indica and still buy indica due to low running cost
BTW this dud is not moving little bit up after MK2 in BS4 terretory
Old 25th June 2010, 23:35   #689
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnt View Post

i strongly feel Aria will be a hit and this way TATA will enter the new chapter of high quality automobiles second to none in india

As for their products i feel sometimes they deliberately compromise on quality to keep costs down..see how they have been updating indigo and still introducing new variants and making it desirable.

I agree with each word you say.

Aria is an extremely well designed and technologically advanced and has more gizmos than any in the particular segment.

Any concrete news on when its up for sale?
Old 25th June 2010, 23:35   #690
BHPian

Its not long since the Grande MK2 was launched and it suffers from the same old TATA habits off bad plastics, panel gaps. How can we expect ARIA to come with better quality ? It might still be a success.

Last edited by prmd_cochin : 25th June 2010 at 23:38.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed