Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 16:17   #856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Saw one today morning. Light blue colour near Aundh Octroi naka. It definately looks bigger, bolder and better than the Innova.
That's the same one I saw. Don't you agree that it looked like the final production version? heck, I almost thought it was already launched. And felt a little stupid that I wasn't aware of the launch
Old 8th July 2010, 17:28   #857
Senior - BHPian

@flyingspur Dont worry a team bhpian not being aware of a launch is an impossibility.

Last edited by avishar : 8th July 2010 at 17:29.
Old 8th July 2010, 17:45   #858
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
And how does one prove this loyalty and get a vehicle free of cost , One should not count teeth of gift horse , I promise I will not post any negatives if they give it free
OT:
These customers are technically very sound in Auto tech and help R&D by giving suggestions/proper feedback etc. They also ensure that vehicles clock high mileage within limited time frame. This is something similar to electronics/software product dev where 'select' customers are provided with the product at no/low cost way before the actual launch to get the real world feedback.

Looking at the various frequent spottings - Aria launch is very near I think, may be this month?

Last edited by Latheesh : 8th July 2010 at 17:47.
Old 8th July 2010, 18:56   #859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
OT:
These customers are technically very sound in Auto tech and help R&D by giving suggestions/proper feedback etc. They also ensure that vehicles clock high mileage within limited time frame. This is something similar to electronics/software product dev where 'select' customers are provided with the product at no/low cost way before the actual launch to get the real world feedback.

Looking at the various frequent spottings - Aria launch is very near I think, may be this month?
By that criteria Dadu and TSK1979 should get it free of cost.
Old 8th July 2010, 19:33   #860
BHPian

Heard from the horses mouth -- that its due for launch in July end \Aug first week. We are close to a launch date ..
Old 8th July 2010, 20:26   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
Heard from the horses mouth -- that its due for launch in July end \Aug first week. We are close to a launch date ..
Amen Its indeed getting launched in 2months
Old 8th July 2010, 22:22   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
Also heard, production plan, at least initially is, ~100 vehicles per day. So if it becomes a huge success, need to wait for some time.
Old 9th July 2010, 02:04   #863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Also heard, production plan, at least initially is, ~100 vehicles per day. So if it becomes a huge success, need to wait for some time.
Thats a good number of production. Not much of wait. For a vehicle of this segment 3000 cars/month is a nice figure. Something what safari+sumo or Scorpio or Honda city sells now.

Last edited by TaureanBull : 9th July 2010 at 02:15.
Old 9th July 2010, 07:54   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaureanBull View Post
Thats a good number of production. Not much of wait. For a vehicle of this segment 3000 cars/month is a nice figure. Something what safari+sumo or Scorpio or Honda city sells now.
I doubt aria would be able to manage 2500 unit per month. So with 100 units per day, it seems like the wait time would be around a weeks time. Thats good news for Buyers.

But my major concern after seen all these pics taken across India is that it seems there is inconsistence in gap between the hood and the front fender and the head lamps. Campaired to the rest of the vehicle.
I hope Tata is looking at this. As the rest of the packages seems to be very well put together.

The Aria is a direct competition to Mitsubishi Zinger and Toyota Sienna, sold in Europe and South east Asian countries.

I see a lot of these cars in Thailand and HK, and lots of family's prefer these for their pleasure trips.

All the Very Best Tata.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-mitsubishi-zinger.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-toyota-sienna.jpg  

Old 9th July 2010, 10:40   #865
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Are the Zinger and Toyota Sienna also 4X4 WD Crossover vehicles?

Zinger does look the part, but definately not the Sienna. We tend to club all 7 seater MUVs in the same category as the Xylo, Grande MarkII and the Innova and need to be cautious about not doing it.

The Aria is supposed to address an intermediate segment between the base MUV's and the SUV's.
Old 9th July 2010, 11:16   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

Zinger does look the part, but definately not the Sienna. We tend to club all 7 seater MUVs in the same category as the Xylo, Grande MarkII and the Innova and need to be cautious about not doing it.

The Aria is supposed to address an intermediate segment between the base MUV's and the SUV's.
Yes both the Zinger & the Sienna are 4x4 AWD, and both are 7 seater. I must say the Sienna is a stand out products in Looks as well as Features, the interiors are also good on both these Crossovers.

"I compared these 3 cars because each car tries to combine together these characteristics, the sporty character and ruggedness of an SUV, the spaciousness and versatility of a van, and riding comfort of a passenger car"
Old 9th July 2010, 12:06   #867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Sienna comes under MiniVan category, not a Crossover. Crossover are more SUVyish. There are no real MiniVans in India now, Nissan is coming up with one, it is in the plans of Toyota too. Some day in the future, we can expect a Tata Minivan from the same platform, but Aria is not a Minivan, but a cross over.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:48   #868
Senior - BHPian

What are the exact differences between mini-van and crossover ,A minivan with 4WD qualifies to be called a crossover or not ?
Old 9th July 2010, 13:11   #869
BHPian

The zinger is palatable, but Grandis would a better option. Can the Innova and Sienna co-exist in India?
Old 9th July 2010, 14:11   #870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
What are the exact differences between mini-van and crossover ,A minivan with 4WD qualifies to be called a crossover or not ?
In USA and Europe, anything with a sliding rear door is a minivan like Sienna, Odyssey among others. Also called as MPV - Multi Purpose Vehicle. A minivan with 4wd is still a minivan and not crossover.

Crossover are tall station wagons, basically with four normal doors and are slotted right between a minivan and suv. These are usually built on car platform having some features of SUV. Basically wagons that look like suv and ride like cars.

Example: Toyota Avanza is a crossover while Toyota Sienna is a mini van.

This is just my opinion and have been formed after living in USA for 3 years and watching difference between minivan and crossover.

Last edited by chevelle : 9th July 2010 at 14:12.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed