Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2010, 13:04   #886
Senior - BHPian

Trivia:

Tata built 200 plus prototypes during the course of its 3-4 years of development in various stages and testing is on/done for a million kilometers in various global locations.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:31   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Trivia:
Tata built 200 plus prototypes during the course of its 3-4 years of development in various stages and testing is on/done for a million kilometers in various global locations.
Thanks for sharing the trivia. In general, these are in-line with the global standards for car manufacturers of repute. Good to know.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:36   #888
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Trivia:

So this means the it wont be another Indica? Hope so

I cannot look at 12L for a TATA vehicle (what to do its my Mindset),may be if i see the car in person then i can digest it

TATA vehicles always have some initial glitches and are corrected only after few years .So i think it is better to buy them after the feedback pour in from customers.

Last edited by joshguy : 12th July 2010 at 21:38.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:42   #889
BHPian

While booking for Manza today , the sales guy told me that aria is going to be launched near the start of sept. and its going to be priced close to 12 lacs.

This is what the sales guy told me, I cant confirm the same from anywhere else.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:50   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahss_11 View Post
While booking for Manza today , the sales guy told me that aria is going to be launched near the start of sept. and its going to be priced close to 12 lacs.

This is what the sales guy told me, I cant confirm the same from anywhere else.
This might be the case, as it would line up nicely with the Festive season. By any chance, did you get a feeling that the 12lakh price was for the base version ? I believe that is the most logical assumption, but was wondering if the salesperson gave any clues.
Old 12th July 2010, 22:00   #891
BHPian

Looking at the way Tatas have been testing the ARIA prompts me to come up with a theory on their older Indicas and Safaris to be beta tested by customers.

Like any new product manufacturers, they might have thought that they have "completely" tested their product. Also, they would be anxious to release it to the world and also start getting back the returns on their investment.

We (especially from the software industry) know that the standard test cases seldom throw out the defects/flaws after the initial couple of development cycles. And secondly, after sometime the tester also gets used to the product and develops a pattern of using the product. During the customer trials we then get into few complex defects and try for a quick-fix.

Tatas must have gone through the same process. Now, that they have gained some experience/confidence and also having enough money so as to wait till a comprehensive testing is completed on a new product they are doing so for the ARIA. Also, the Indian customer being more educated about his/her consumer rights would have certainly been on the back of their minds.
Old 12th July 2010, 22:15   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
This might be the case, as it would line up nicely with the Festive season. By any chance, did you get a feeling that the 12lakh price was for the base version ? I believe that is the most logical assumption, but was wondering if the salesperson gave any clues.
No, he didnt said any thing more, he just told that it would be around 12 lacs and would be available around start of sept.
Old 13th July 2010, 07:58   #893
BHPian

I just cant resist myself from saying this. "Why will some one buy this for 12L?, when there is a much better option [Read Innova] or a much cheaper option [Read Xylo] available in the market?"
Old 13th July 2010, 08:04   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithi View Post
I just cant resist myself from saying this. "Why will some one buy this for 12L?, when there is a much better option [Read Innova] or a much cheaper option [Read Xylo] available in the market?"
On what basis do u say the Innova is a "much better option". The car has not even been released yet, and its written off already
Old 13th July 2010, 10:12   #895
Senior - BHPian

While Toyota Innova may be the brand of choice due to reliability.. honestly.. the Innova does not offer anything more. Its V version too can be called bare basic since the top end version of any vehicle in the price range is expected to come with certainly more creature features than what the Innova has to offer.

Now the list on the Tata Aria seems quite innovative and different.
All wheel drive/ full time 4wd, climate control seperate for each row, and a list of other features.
So it does tempt a customer to look at the Aria at least as an option. It certainly will pull customers off the CRV, Captiva and the upper price siblings.
Also note, that Tata does take good care of its premium customers. Thats something I can vouch for... TML will replace everything if need be just short of replacing the entire car for you.
What has been rightly said, is that TML has yet to prove that it can provide quality products that are entirely trouble free.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 13th July 2010 at 10:13.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:20   #896
Senior - BHPian

Pics 2 days ago

here are the pics from 2 days ago.. from my cam fone.. the car was too close to by the time I realized, to get get a full front/ rear view and then tookoff from the signal.

This one didnt look like one of the 200 prototypes.. which should have looked old by now. It looked pretty new to me.

I personally liked the color.

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-20100711-18.57.21.jpg

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-20100711-18.57.31.jpg

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-20100711-18.57.44.jpg

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-20100711-18.57.52.jpg

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-20100711-18.58.20.jpg

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 13th July 2010 at 10:23.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:33   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
On what basis do u say the Innova is a "much better option". The car has not even been released yet, and its written off already
Innova has been in the market for a long time, proved itself and it is still among the top 10 best sellers. And that is the reason I said the above. Everyone knows what happened, when Tata launched the first batch of Indicas. Anyway, that is just my humble opinion. Sorry, If I have offended anyone. And lets stick to the topic.
Old 13th July 2010, 10:46   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithi View Post
Innova has been in the market for a long time, proved itself and it is still among the top 10 best sellers. And that is the reason I said the above. Everyone knows what happened, when Tata launched the first batch of Indicas. Anyway, that is just my humble opinion. Sorry, If I have offended anyone. And lets stick to the topic.
Yes everyone knows what happened with the first batch of indicas,that was a decade ago and TATA was a truck manufacturer back then.TATA is now a global name with two international brands under its wing
Old 13th July 2010, 10:49   #899
Senior - BHPian

Jay, thanks for the pictures. I agree that this colour looks really good. Were you in your Safari when you took the photos and hence can we use than as a reference for the Aria's height? (I know the Auto Expo pictures does give us a perspective, but just wondering).
Old 13th July 2010, 11:06   #900
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Jay, thanks for the pictures. I agree that this colour looks really good. Were you in your Safari when you took the photos and hence can we use than as a reference for the Aria's height? (I know the Auto Expo pictures does give us a perspective, but just wondering).
Yes indeed Jay was in a safari from the looks of it. You can see the reflection in the last pic of the safari front right wheel. A beige color i believe.

The front passenger in the Aria seems to have loads of space to stretch out.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks