Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 11:12   #901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Yes indeed Jay was in a safari from the looks of it. You can see the reflection in the last pic of the safari front right wheel. A beige color i believe.

The front passenger in the Aria seems to have loads of space to stretch out.
Talk about eagle eyes, hats off.

I haven't seen the Aria in public, but it seems to be HUGE and yes, the front passenger seems to have disappeared in all that space.
Old 13th July 2010, 11:29   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
here are the pics from 2 days ago.. from my cam fone.. the car was too close to by the time I realized, to get get a full front/ rear view and then tookoff from the signal.

This one didnt look like one of the 200 prototypes.. which should have looked old by now. It looked pretty new to me.

I personally liked the color.
Thanks a bunch for the pictures. The car does not seem to be one among the prototypes. The exterior build quality and paint job both look good. Hope the interior and ride also don't disappoint.

From the exterior looks I have observed two types of ARIA, ones with a cladding on wheel wells (like those in the pictures) and ones without any cladding (from previous pics and also video). But, I am not sure if this signifies top/low end. Something to figure out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithi View Post
Innova has been in the market for a long time, proved itself and it is still among the top 10 best sellers. And that is the reason I said the above. Everyone knows what happened, when Tata launched the first batch of Indicas. Anyway, that is just my humble opinion. Sorry, If I have offended anyone. And lets stick to the topic.
Well, the time difference between launch of Innova and first gen Indica should tell you something about comparing apples and watermelons of different era .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Yes indeed Jay was in a safari from the looks of it. You can see the reflection in the last pic of the safari front right wheel. A beige color i believe.

The front passenger in the Aria seems to have loads of space to stretch out.
Great observation. Buddy, you should be a detective
Old 13th July 2010, 12:01   #903
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

The version with cladding is the top end one and the one without claddings is the base/mid version. Interestingly even some mid versions (read without cladding) seem to have alloy wheels - Which is great.

I belive we have also read somewhere that the Top versions with AWD sit higher (have greater ground clearance) I guess implying that all versions would not be AWD like in the case of Fortuner.

Seems close to launch.
Old 13th July 2010, 13:22   #904
Senior - BHPian

Well, I think the Safari is a tad taller than the Aria. It was on the road and I ran off the road with 2 tires on and 2 tires off the road to come alongside to look.

I think this was the upper version. it looked neat. Ground clearance was decent enough to make it a good touring car across India. Nice pickup too. The front grille looks like a broad grin with all teeth flashing.

Lets see what TML has churned out this time.
From the reports of the Manza and the Vista, it seems that TML has drastically improved, quality and reliability.

3 weeks ago I was happy to find out that they had a seperate waiting area for owners in the workshop. Quite a change. The service staff has improved though they seem extremely understaffed and cramped on space due to too many vehicles including Nanos and Fiats.
Old 13th July 2010, 19:03   #905
Senior - BHPian

Also if you look towards the steering, you noticed that the console has a blue background light.
Old 13th July 2010, 19:27   #906
Senior - BHPian

Some pics of the Aria

Source: NDTV CnB facebook page
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-aria.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-aria1.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-aria2.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-aria3.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-aria4.jpg  

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010. Video: Pg 52-aria5.jpg  

Old 13th July 2010, 19:35   #907
BHPian

These seems to be the best Lot of pics from the time the Aria launch was confirmed. Good job mate.

By the way i feel the claddings on the previous picks look bad. i prefer the one with the Cladding.
Old 13th July 2010, 19:37   #908
Senior - BHPian

Another thing clear from the pictures in defogger lines on the third window, aka expensive SUV's! Tata sure looks to be very serious this time around.
Old 13th July 2010, 19:51   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Also if you look towards the steering, you noticed that the console has a blue background light.
That blue background light you see is the in dash GPS i believe. Can anyone confirm this ?
Old 13th July 2010, 20:30   #910
BHPian

Can anybody do a photoshop on the above pic, last 2nd pic, and cut the extended rear upto rear tyre. I think it will improve the look.
Old 13th July 2010, 21:08   #911
BHPian

Really. These are the best pictures I have seen in this thread. It looks huge and the interiors also look modern. If Tata advertise it well then I think it will be a success.
Old 13th July 2010, 21:25   #912
Senior - BHPian

The maroon Aria seems to have thicker wheel arches whereas the grey one has a different design.Is this because of different variants?
Old 13th July 2010, 21:31   #913
Senior - BHPian

The vehicles seems to oozing with space. Indeed a nice to see compared to the cars in India.
It should pose a threat for sure to the Innova. Is Maruti getting a Quadrajet engine for these cars too. If that is the case it would surely be a killer combination.

Of course needless to say the spec of the engine needs to be high.
Old 13th July 2010, 21:33   #914
Senior - BHPian

Does the rear passenger doors, while open, split the fender? Fender cladding does not seem to be like Safari.
Old 13th July 2010, 22:50   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Is Maruti getting a Quadrajet engine for these cars too. If that is the case it would surely be a killer combination.
Care to explain what you meant by this post?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks