Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 23:09   #916
BHPian

With all the pics, it looks to be a promising vehicle. Half way through in July but still no info on launch date. Comon Tata.
Old 13th July 2010, 23:41   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Care to explain what you meant by this post?
Hi amartya,

Thanks for pointing out, I actually intended to tell is Tata's getting the Quadrajet family of engine of the diesel version of these cars.
I realised I wrote Maruti only post seeing your message.

Do you have a clue on the engine variants?
Old 13th July 2010, 23:47   #918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi amartya,

Thanks for pointing out, I actually intended to tell is Tata's getting the Quadrajet family of engine of the diesel version of these cars.

Its been mentioned a couple of times on this thread. Its the same Safari Dicor engine (may be in a different state of tune). But with the Aria being lighter than the safari, performance is expected to be good. Lets wait and c...
Old 13th July 2010, 23:54   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi amartya,

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Its been mentioned a couple of times on this thread. Its the same Safari Dicor engine (may be in a different state of tune). But with the Aria being lighter than the safari, performance is expected to be good. Lets wait and c...
As answered by Tarun, it is the same 2.2 Dicor engine. However, I expect the gearbox to be totally different, with different gear ratios. Primarily due to the lesser weight of the Aria, and also the fact that the higher end versions get all wheel drive (necessitating a different final drive).

I am not sure about the state of tune of the Aria's 2.2 Dicor implementation. Actually I had asked a bhpian about the sound of the engine (he shared some really good photos on this thread), mainly because a trained ear can distinguish the note from the Safari's 2.2 engine versus any other engine. Just to end speculation that the Aria might see a version of Fiat's 1.9 Diesel mill, as of now, it seems highly unlikely.
Old 14th July 2010, 05:12   #920
Senior - BHPian

When Autocar UK previewed the Aria in March they did mention the 2.2 Dicor producing 140 Ps, so no surprises there.
But they did also mention that the Engine can push out 170 Ps but the existing G76 gearbox cannot take any more power.
Old 14th July 2010, 09:49   #921
Distinguished - BHPian

The interior fit and finish seems to be nice from the pics. Aria also having projector lights, by the way are they halogen projectors or is it an HID projector headlamp set up.

Somehow I did not like the wheel arches.
Old 14th July 2010, 13:23   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Does the rear passenger doors, while open, split the fender? Fender cladding does not seem to be like Safari.
Even I was thinking of same.

Looks like TATA is very serious about ARIA. They have a winner if they offer the same between 11-15 price range.
Old 14th July 2010, 14:10   #923
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
The maroon Aria seems to have thicker wheel arches whereas the grey one has a different design.Is this because of different variants?
Yes the Maroon one is the higher variant with addtional cladding provided over the wheel arches and also crome bits on the side cladding, the grey one is a lower variant.
Old 18th July 2010, 18:53   #924
BHPian

After so many sightings, suddenly there are no new reports of Aria being sighted for the last few days! Could it be that most of the testing is done and TML is lying low just before the official launch?
Old 18th July 2010, 19:04   #925
Senior - BHPian

I saw one just yesterday. It was champagne colored, and all the guys were checking it out. It was parked in a wheel alignment shop at Coimbatore. Sorry, no pics as i was on the move.
Old 19th July 2010, 12:25   #926
BHPian

Tata Tuning center

Heard Tata has a ex racer who helps in tuning the vehicles for new norms and new engines and new vehicles here in coimbatore and so we can see lot of new Tata vehicles in coimbatore. Not sure of this Though.
Old 19th July 2010, 17:41   #927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
Heard Tata has a ex racer who helps in tuning the vehicles for new norms and new engines and new vehicles here in coimbatore and so we can see lot of new Tata vehicles in coimbatore. Not sure of this Though.
My friend told me its Mr.LeelaKrishnan . You can see lot of tata cars near dharapuram roads going under testing. I spotted Aria few times there.
Old 19th July 2010, 18:56   #928
BHPian

I believe the tuner is J Anand. His company Jayem Auto is a consultant to tata for one of specimens
J. Anand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 19th July 2010, 20:10   #929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Primarily due to the lesser weight of the Aria, and also the fact that the higher end versions get all wheel drive (necessitating a different final drive).

I am not sure about the state of tune of the Aria's 2.2 Dicor implementation.
People who have trained on it..
  1. Slated for launch in coming month or 2.
  2. Engine is the very same EuroIV 2.2 dicor.
  3. Revised final drive (Confirmed)
  4. Better clutch as it also has dual mass fly wheel
  5. more sensors (nightmares for TASS)
Old 19th July 2010, 20:11   #930
Senior - BHPian

Yep, I remember reading about Jayem Auto putting together Rally spec Indicas together for a single make championship in Inida, which never materialized. Also a hot version of the Indica petrol with a 16 valve head & a 16 bit MProcessor (those days it used a 8 bit one).

That said Lotus has done a lot of work on the Aria's ride and handling, heres a scoop photo taken from their Hethel office

[COLOR=black][/COLOR]
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks