Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 14:10   #46
Team-BHP Support

Looking down over the Toyota stall.

What i find suprising is that Toyota and Honda (arched rivals) are directly opposite each other -- and both the stalls were so boring!

I'd have imagined that they would both be trying their level best to out-do the other!

Toyota at the Auto Expo 2010!-gopr0126.jpg

cya
R
Old 8th January 2010, 14:39   #47
AAK

The modified logan AKA Etios feels below Toyota standards....

Overall the dashboard is cheap and styling is average, note the single wiper in the front...c'mmon Toyota...at least dont play with the functionality of the car to reduce the cost!

VW Polo seems much better deal especially with 1.2 CRDI
and the best part about the polo was, one could sit in the car and feel the interior quality...toyota Etios was not acesseble and was only a display model....
Old 8th January 2010, 14:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I'd have imagined that they would both be trying their level best to out-do the other!
Probably they are. Out-doing each other on who is the most boring.
Old 9th January 2010, 10:31   #49
BHPian

I was lucky to be there on time of the launch. Captured it in my HD camcorder Watch the video in youtube for full HD and don't forget to rate the video.

Last edited by Karizma Fan : 9th January 2010 at 10:32.
Old 9th January 2010, 11:51   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karizma Fan View Post
I was lucky to be there on time of the launch. Captured it in my HD camcorder Watch the video in Youtube for full HD and don't forget to rate the video.

YouTube - Toyota ETIOS (Sedan & Hatchback) Launch - Auto Expo 2010
Outstanding job Karizma Fan, made my Saturday! Both Etios's look gorgeous! ANHC - party while you still can!

I could see a couple of dancers caught your eye though
Old 9th January 2010, 12:32   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I was lucky to be there on time of the launch. Captured it in my HD camcorder ...
Excellent video coverage,Though I did not like the car as much

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th January 2010 at 13:20. Reason: No need to quote the entire post (w. video), and please dont type in all bold. Thanks :)
Old 9th January 2010, 17:37   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was lucky to be there on time of the launch. Captured it in my HD camcorder Watch the video in Youtube for full HD and don't forget to rate the video.
Excellent coverage in the videos, Karizma Fan. Feels almost like tele-presence at the expo.

From the presenter's words, it appears that the Etios is made specifically for the Indian market. Quoting below:

"The Etios has been rapidly and consistently tested in various road conditions and traffic conditions across India. "

Nothing wrong with this. But this is at a time when the current generation of Indians are looking at having world class cars available in India. I would have wished that Toyota brings to India the same set of cars that are available in US, European and other markets. Disappointed.
Old 10th January 2010, 12:23   #53
Team-BHP Support

I was thinking toyota will also showcase the Avanza MPV.

They can easily put the same 1.5L engine and the 1.4L CRDi that they plan on using for the Etios. Would be a perfect option below the Innova.

Atleast to gauge the customer response they could have kept it on display.
Old 10th January 2010, 12:31   #54
Senior - BHPian

Innova isn't BSIV ready right? I expected Toyota to reveal a newer engine for Innova. This didnt happen right?
Old 10th January 2010, 12:39   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Innova isn't BSIV ready right? I expected Toyota to reveal a newer engine for Innova. This didnt happen right?
Yeah I was hoping for that too. The innova's engine doesn't have an intercooler and that could have helped improve efficiency and performance. Would have been nice to have Innova with intercooler meeting BS-4 norms and around 125 horses. Compared to Safari and Scorpio it is now the slowest.
Old 10th January 2010, 12:41   #56
BHPian

I was also hoping to see Avanza from Toyota.
As Innova BSIV is due to come and they didn't launched it in auto expo.

Why Toyota don't show more interest in Indian market.
Old 10th January 2010, 14:04   #57
BHPian

^^^ IMO Toyota is showing more than enough interest in India and that is the reason why they plan to become a volume player in India by releasing the Etios sedan/hatch.

It is not necessary that all new models are to be shown in the auto expo itself. Also considering that the Tata Aria was being launched in this show they might have felt that they wont be getting enough media coverage. Now they know what all the features Aria offers and can add extra features to the Innova.
Old 10th January 2010, 15:02   #58
BHPian

Car looks really dated on design, i geuss they are going back to what they did with the qualis. really badinteriors.2,000 Enggs this the best they can do.

cool vids,seems you took your eyes of the boring car anf found something more intresting in the middle

Last edited by abishek2222 : 10th January 2010 at 15:09. Reason: Added comment
Old 10th January 2010, 15:29   #59
BHPian

@Harish: I do not think toyota is really showing much interest in India.
Because they are acting as reactive not proactive.

If you like to see the interest look at Chevrolet they are really upping the game.

If we see the product range of Toyota and Honda worldwide and then you look at the product range they have in India you will get our point.

Hyundai also was used to be very active in the Indian market. I do not why but they are also becoming bit slow nowadays.

How many years Toyota is taking to bring a sedan in India in the ANHC category?
Toyota is in India from last 10 years and how many products they have here?
Old 10th January 2010, 17:21   #60
Senior - BHPian

I was expecting much more from Toyota. The Etios sedan looks very dull and boring, there's nothing futuristic about the design and the designers have gone overboard with the chrome.

The interiors look like as if they belong to a toy car. I highly doubt that this will be able to make a dent in ANHCs sales.

I hope this is just a concept and they will make changes in the car before launching the production version.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks