Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 08:01   #61
BHPian

Thanks for the nice photos. Kizashi looks fabulous. Again not much is talked about SX4 hatchback. Will SX4 hatch hit indian roads with 2.0 L engine?

Also, any news on bringing SWIFT Sport to indian roads?
Old 7th January 2010, 08:07   #62
Senior - BHPian

What about the BS4 versions of the Alto and the Omni with K10b engine. Any news or specs on that???
Old 7th January 2010, 09:36   #63
BHPian

they will offically launch the Ecco at Auto expo before noon today. but
has anyone hear news on suzuki small car concept?
Old 7th January 2010, 09:55   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Gosh! How tasteless and ugly those mods are.Didn't expect a mainstream manufacturer to present such tacky mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
Yuck - some of the mod jobs are beyond horrendous...the pink/purple/magenta/mauve A-star looks like a piglet with a tail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradster View Post
Some of the customized marutis look like they were tailor made for the wild and wacky mods thread.
+1 to that.
Some of these pics can be directly hot-linked to the weird and wacky thread. Winner is that WagonR with the ladder!

Last edited by clevermax : 7th January 2010 at 09:56.
Old 7th January 2010, 11:11   #65
BHPian

Good job Rehan. Nice pictures and thanks for sharing. Frankly the effort of making sporty looking WagonRs and Ritz looks ugly especially the choice of colors. The Red Swift with semi-white interiors looks very bad. So does the yellow shaded Ritz.
Kizashi does look to be promising. Lets hope at least one product from Maruti gives the other brands in this segment a run for its money. Just but attaching double bumpers and extra lights it does not exactly look manly. Oh when will Maruti learn
Old 7th January 2010, 11:31   #66
BHPian

Was watching CNN-IBN now, it showed Live coverage of Maruti Launching the "EECO"
Old 7th January 2010, 12:29   #67
BHPian

the only stall which i was eagerly waiting was maruti. utterly disappointed. the only car i liked is kiz. other than that sx4 hatch is welcome but i dont think so this will be launched. Everything went wrond in modification dept. poor choice of colour. if they had shown me swift with red white combo i may not have bought the one i have right now. pathetic is the only word. other hand tata has released such a cute vehicle where as check out ek oh. crap.

i think they need to hire designer from t-bhp who can do better mods and least to say better designs.

this way maruti is just going on pits.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:38   #68
BHPian

Hi Everyone. I read in lot of sites (including Team BHP) that Maruti would be coming up with K Series engine equipped Swift, WagonR and Alto.

I am planning to buy Swift (for my dad) and Alto (for My self). So I waited for this Auto expo expecting these upgraded model would be showcased.

They have displayed Alto Xsite, and some modified Swifts and WagonRs which are ideally made to display in events like these. Customer cannot buy them as they are not for sale.

If there is any information about K series equipped Swift, WagonR and Alto, please post. Thanks
Old 7th January 2010, 12:49   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
Was watching CNN-IBN now, it showed Live coverage of Maruti Launching the "EECO"
so they must have launched today, so guys any updates on its launch, details and pictures do post.
Old 7th January 2010, 13:02   #70
BHPian

here come the detail....
but still wait for the picture

Maruti Suzuki has launched the Eeco at the Auto Expo 2010. The new C-segment family car is nothing but a facelifted Versa.

From the exterior there is hardly any change except to the bumpers and headlights. However, under the hood goes a brand new K-series motor. The ageing 1.3litre G13B has been dropped for the K12M motor, the silky smooth 1.2 petrol engine that has made a name for itself in the Ritz. This engine produces 73bhp of power and meets BS IV emission norms, promising better fuel efficient than before.
On the inside, the Eeco will come with dual tone interiors in shades of beige and grey, a digital meter cluster and will be available in 7-seater and 5-seater options.

Maruti has priced the Eeco quite competitively and the 5-seater standard model is priced at Rs 2.5 lakh, while the one with AC will cost Rs 2.89 lakhs, and the 7-seater variant will retail at 2.75 lakhs (prices ex-showroon Delhi).

source: autocar india
Old 7th January 2010, 13:34   #71
BHPian

Kizashi looks nice.
Any idea when it will be released and any approximate pricing?
Old 7th January 2010, 14:22   #72
BHPian

How come you guys din't take pics of the 'Intruder' and the other Suzuki Scooter standing there in the center stage?

Wish I had my camera with me then would have clicked and posted. Will be going there again so will post then.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:39   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thainogkok View Post
here come the detail....
but still wait for the picture

Maruti has priced the Eeco quite competitively and the 5-seater standard model is priced at Rs 2.5 lakh, while the one with AC will cost Rs 2.89 lakhs, and the 7-seater variant will retail at 2.75 lakhs (prices ex-showroon Delhi).

A seven seater for less than three lakhs?

Surely Maruti has set the cat among the pigeons. The pricing is too competitive and city cab owners are sure gonna notice it even if the design looks outdated.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:55   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by thainogkok View Post

Eeco is surely Omni replacement. Very very good pricing.
Old 7th January 2010, 15:15   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi friends,

Whether beautiful or ugly. In India Maruti is the best for the rural or urban people.From 800 to Kizashi except Versa,Gypsy which model did not sell or out dated. Swift and Ritz too got critizism of the look. Both are going on waiting period. Like that Kizashi,R3 and EEco will also get welcome. Maruti has people for all its models and variants. They are the only pople of Indian system with cheap spares and nook and corner service station. So it will get welcome by different walks of people for different models and variants.
The production cars are good.

Why do they want to destroy their designs at an expo by such disgusting mod jobs, thats all, they could have given DC a chance of doing that with finesse.

I m not a huge fan of maruti design flair, but i myself am a proud owner of dzire, the car many auto-buffs hate because of a murky rear.

And the sales of swift and ritz are stong coz of a good fiat powertrain.

Most Viewed