Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 14:04   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
IMO, VW have tried to keep prices lower, and at the same time they have kept the quality and standards of VW brand intact. so we don't get 6 airbags and climate control. but what you get is fantastic mileage from the diesel (30kmpl) yeah ground breaking is the word they used. and petrol will also really give 15+ with 3 pot engine. i am quite sure of it. and thats what works in india.

1) mileage
2) space
3)quality
4)reliability
5)looks
6)brand
7)resale

and the biggest swing factor is the price. and they will surprise everyone i think.
If they are able to price between swift and i20 this will shake up the premium hatch segment. The car looks so 'European'. Looks like I will have to start saving for my next car! The only problem is my current one is just over 3 months old.

Last edited by pacman2881 : 7th January 2010 at 14:06.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:08   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMO, VW have tried to keep prices lower, and at the same time they have kept the quality and standards of VW brand intact. so we don't get 6 airbags and climate control. but what you get is fantastic mileage from the diesel (30kmpl) yeah ground breaking is the word they used. and petrol will also really give 15+ with 3 pot engine. i am quite sure of it. and thats what works in india.

1) mileage
2) space
3)quality
4)reliability
5)looks
6)brand
7)resale

and the biggest swing factor is the price. and they will surprise everyone i think.

Dont quite agree with you on point (2) and (7).
Space is limited in the POLO if compared to the i20, Swift and the likes. Resale? - well, its too early to judge on that.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:24   #93
BHPian

the polo seemed a very good car except that i found it a bit too cramped although i am average built and not too tall.6 feeters will surely have problems in the back seat.the fit and finish is very good.very solid,nice attention to detail.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:30   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSparrow View Post
Really loved the simple, classy and well proportioned looks of the VW Polo. Rear seating looks cramped but I guess its OK. If VW could price it in 4L - 6L range then it's going to be their bread and butter in INDIA. Hope the higher end version comes with more powerful engine and all the fancy features.
TATA deisgners are going to run for cover if Ratan Tata pays them a visit soon. Hope they don't screw up with the Safari(if they go for an all new design).
Tata designers have actually run for their money, they have come up with really good finish on the Aria.

However, the Polo was one car which took my breath away, specially after hearing that they have planned a 1.2 Diesel heart also. Chatted up with the Sales head of VW India there and was told that the Polo would be pitted against the Punto, i20 and the Jazz. Since the pricing is not being revealed, I have a feeling the car will be coming in at 5L + and below 7.

But if they are able to get it sub 5, then God save Hyundai, Honda, Fiat and a bit of Maruti.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:32   #95
BHPian

seriously i feel it should come sub 6 for top end diesel as it didnt look as huge as the i20 or the jazz.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:32   #96
BHPian

^^^^^^
Can someone in Expo please do me a favor? Especially when chatting with Sales Head.

Any news of 1.2 TSI or DSG on the Polo? Roadmap if any?
Old 7th January 2010, 14:35   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrmanju1 View Post
^^^^^^
Can someone in Expo please do me a favor? Especially when chatting with Sales Head.

Any news of 1.2 TSI or DSG on the Polo? Roadmap if any?
roadmap for the expo?
buddy i use the one that came in autocar,you can also get the fair guide available at the entry of tata stall.

there is no news of TSI or DSG as of now,i enquired about these two things first at the VW stall.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:51   #98
BHPian

True, they cannot apparently 'disclose' yet about the TSG and the DSG.

Honestly after seeing the Polo there, I was not even interested in seeing the Beetle.

Am not sure of exact figures, but the Polo probably has the same chasis length as that of Jazz and i20. If somebody could look it up would be good.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:54   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
roadmap for the expo?
buddy i use the one that came in autocar,you can also get the fair guide available at the entry of tata stall.

there is no news of TSI or DSG as of now,i enquired about these two things first at the VW stall.
Roadmap --> I meant the roadmap of VW Polo plans for India (TSI & DSG) and not the roadmap for autoexpo.

But looks like you already asked. Thanks.
Old 7th January 2010, 15:06   #100
BHPian

Hey GTO and Rehaan , As usual , the photos are like the car highlighted , Crisp and to the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
@ JK Tyres : We WANT this rubber available off the shelf!
Attachment 257421
If these slicks are available in the market dont you think it would be useless in the current Indian Road Conditions.?
Old 7th January 2010, 15:15   #101
BHPian

Quote:

Called the dealer in cochin, Diesel will be priced around 7 lakhs for trendline and 8.5 for highline. well above i20
Old 7th January 2010, 15:18   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
Called the dealer in cochin, Diesel will be priced around 7 lakhs for trendline and 8.5 for highline. well above i20

say this is not true.i dont want polo to go the jazz way..
Old 7th January 2010, 15:33   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpzone View Post
This could very well be true. I for one am certainly not expecting the diesel to be sub 6. I was expecting diesel to begin at 6.5 and cap at 7.5.

From VW perspective it makes sense as well. I don't quite think they have the guts to take on Swift DDIS by pricing Polo diesel at around 5. If they take that out of the equation then we don't have much by way of diesel engines around the 7L range. Punto has it but I don't think the current Punto diesel engine is anything to write home about (no offence meant to Punto diesel owners).

Last edited by Dippy : 7th January 2010 at 16:03. Reason: Post edited. Sending you a PM.
Old 7th January 2010, 15:34   #104
BHPian

Are you sure about the news about the pricing.

Because from what I know, the company is yet to price it. They are still looking into it.
Old 7th January 2010, 18:52   #105
Senior - BHPian

Can we have some information and photos of the VW Phaeton?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks