Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 16:45   #46
Senior - BHPian

One economist prediction for the upcoming decade (2010-2019) is that there could be an Indian company that is globally recognized, like Nokia or Samsung. One can now say with confidence, TATA is going to be that great Indian MNC.

Fantastic coverage GTO BTW have you seen anything from Premier (PAL)? After all they were a competitor of TATA..they used to make lorries till the early 1970's - Premier Fargo trucks if I remember correctly.
Old 6th January 2010, 16:47   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Looks FANTASTIC!
Seems to be inspired by a Ford afterall.
No offense but i don't think Vista S is an imitation or whatever of Focus...these are two totally completely different cars. Air scoops, headlights, hoods...like the whole style is different.

Whats your say about the looks of chinese and japanese people...do they all look twins to you..
kidding..don't mind.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:16   #48
BHPian

Thanks Tusky. The Chrome on grill looks good, but what a horrible colour this Golden Yellow or whatever they call is. I wish they bring Xenon in Mountain Green which is available in Safari.

The Beige interiors were available in Thai market, but the faux wood finish dash seems to be first for Xenon, hope it looks good. Wish the Traction Control as also added to Xenon or atleast offered as addon.
Old 6th January 2010, 18:04   #49
BHPian

Just came back from the expo, one of the biggest hall covering jaguar, rover, fiat, tata awsome..I also took some pictures of the Vista S which i planned but guess I am late and I think that car is possible for indian customer so does prima and so does aria and iris trucks awsome and best part was the cute little nanos in different color and styling.
Nano seem to be flavor of the month for modjods saw almost everybody had one.

Mods posting some of the picture. please delete if not needed.

Last edited by msharma_79 : 6th January 2010 at 18:08. Reason: adding photos
Old 6th January 2010, 18:19   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

indica sport-looks superb in concept and also a killer in the real version,just plonk in the 100 bhp petrol engine of the indigo XL and tune the suspension and you have a hot hatch.
I teally feel its launching for real,maybe this is the vista ignis they were planning to launch and tata can't go on like this tortuying us year after year with indica concepts!!!!
tata prima-not till 2012,the one with the current styling will sell strong,not withstanding the name.
tata venture-Now that's a van for 4 lacs.looks like a mini-hiace,just cooolll and the right engine
tata xenon-The CNG version now looks like a real pick-up for sure,only if they fix the rear seats in the higher models(read the non load carrying one)
magic iris-Hello ,welcome to earth,O alien being..maan it looks so geeekky,but won't bother if it was to wipe indian cities of the autorickshaws.
prima-thats truly a world class product,able to stand shoulder to shoulder with the global leviathians.
Old 6th January 2010, 18:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanramesh View Post
Nitrous, that is precisely what i thought, the moment i saw the new Vista S. i thought it was a great imitation of the Focus. But then again, no faulting TATA here, they really have done a great job on the car.

the imitation is afterall the best tribute to a great car huh!
+1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
No offense but i don't think Vista S is an imitation or whatever of Focus...these are two totally completely different cars. Air scoops, headlights, hoods...like the whole style is different.

Whats your say about the looks of chinese and japanese people...do they all look twins to you..
kidding..don't mind.
Why would I take offence from a person with 8 posts?

Jokes apart, For 3 seasons since 2007 , I haven't missed a single WRC round and the moment I saw the picture, the similarity hit me 'whack' in the face.

I'm not and will never try to bring down Tata. Go check my garage. I have a 12 year old 'Tough as nuts' Telco Sumo and a 2008 Tata Safari 2.2. Apart from the Tata commercial vehicles in the company's small fleet.

Cheers!

Last edited by nitrous : 6th January 2010 at 18:21.
Old 6th January 2010, 18:28   #52
BHPian

And one classic thing there was nobody available to answer from tata about the cars.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-dsc01349.jpg  

Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-dsc01350.jpg  

Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-dsc01351.jpg  

Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-dsc01352.jpg  

Old 6th January 2010, 18:41   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A good looking truck? You gotta be kidding me....well, apparently not! The yellow dumper was a head-turner. Where is DKGs thread on vehicles with character again?

A truck that has more amenities than a Honda City! Electric seats, adjustable steering, multi-function steering, audio system with CD, multi-information display, innumerable storage spots and more...

Don't miss the chrome-ringed air-con controls:
Attachment 257831

And an 8 speed manual gearbox!!
Attachment 257832

Attachment 257833

A double bed. Pretty well-cushioned too.
Attachment 257834

Tata says, thanks to the driver comfort & amenities, this truck can do an average of 700 kms per day. That's double the average of 350 kms per day of regular trucks.

Know what the biggest engine option is? A 13,000 cc 565 BHP diesel.
Wow!! those Trucks are looking more attractive even than other cars. Please provide what are the prices of them + loading capacity if possible.
Old 6th January 2010, 19:13   #54
R_R
BHPian

Anybody have photos of the 'refreshed' Safari? According to the Tata Media Centre press release:

"The country’s first indigenous thoroughbred 4-door SUV now sports accentuated exteriors and refreshed interiors. The exterior enhancements include chrome plated grill and chrome plated ORVMs. The interiors have been completely refreshed in a dual dark graphite and beige theme with tan-coloured leather upholstery and door inserts, a new instrument cluster and faux wood in the centre console."

Anybody who saw the real thing like it?
Old 6th January 2010, 20:09   #55
Senior - BHPian

^^ here they are. the trims are also available in beautiful beige and faux wooden inserts. fit finish seems to be upgraded.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-06012010217.jpg  

Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-06012010214.jpg  

Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-06012010216.jpg  

Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-06012010215.jpg  

Old 6th January 2010, 20:17   #56
BHPian

The Tata stall looks smashing. An indian company (though RT likes to call it an multinational automotive manufacturer, Yes it actually is) making news and improving by leaps and bounds.
Old 6th January 2010, 20:18   #57
Senior - BHPian

in front of ARIA dashboard, the safari's Central console Now suddenly looking very small. like comparing console of 800 and Swift.
Old 6th January 2010, 20:20   #58
BHPian

The Prima looks very impressive. If tsk1979 had posted the pics and called it a Jaguar I would have believed it!

Magic IAIS posted by msharma_79 reminds of the old VW van
Old 6th January 2010, 20:33   #59
BHPian

I want that wheelbase lengthened !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Last edited by prmd_cochin : 6th January 2010 at 20:34.
Old 6th January 2010, 21:08   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
indica sport-looks superb in concept and also a killer in the real version,just plonk in the 100 bhp petrol engine of the indigo XL and tune the suspension and you have a hot hatch.
Pretty tough to read through your post

Anyway, why not get the T-Jet for the Vista-S ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
And one classic thing there was nobody available to answer from tata about the cars.
Manza was enough make people rethink about sedans !

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Anybody have photos of the 'refreshed' Safari? According to the Tata Media Centre press release:

"The country’s first indigenous thoroughbred 4-door SUV now sports accentuated exteriors and refreshed interiors. The exterior enhancements include chrome plated grill and chrome plated ORVMs. The interiors have been completely refreshed in a dual dark graphite and beige theme with tan-coloured leather upholstery and door inserts, a new instrument cluster and faux wood in the centre console."

Anybody who saw the real thing like it?
And Chrome alloys ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
^^ here they are. the trims are also available in beautiful beige and faux wooden inserts. fit finish seems to be upgraded.

Most Viewed