Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 22:24   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
Actually it is very realistic and can be possible cause other than the bodykit big wheels and some reasonable modification which are possible Unlike Swift (concept) and WagorR (hiker)

yes i do agree but my question was regarding the production stock version given to us in future regarding venture, which seems too good and hope they really give us the same product with same features and fit and finish.Asking too much
Old 7th January 2010, 23:32   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaizcrzy View Post
Venture is really cute with the black glass on the sides. Any pics of interiors. With deisel engive another taxi segment car. This might replace the present indicabs with more space.
The only thing really missing is a door on the Driver side. I hope they will eventually have dual sliding doors. Automatic/Remote controlled dual sliding doors may be the ultimate. Some where i heard the design inputs for this vehicle is from Ratan Tata himself. Black glasses look real nice.
Old 8th January 2010, 10:59   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
yes i do agree but my question was regarding the production stock version given to us in future regarding venture, which seems too good and hope they really give us the same product with same features and fit and finish.Asking too much
Oh yeah that seem to be a problem with tata cause none of the car on display had bad beeding and I am sure as soon as they launch all the tata force are going to make sure the brand manages its image to perfection
Old 8th January 2010, 17:23   #94
BHPian

The Indica S is a stunner . Now steal I mean borrow the Abarth Punto Engine and plonk it in that . Then start taking orders . Thank you very much .
Old 8th January 2010, 17:38   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
+1!

Why would I take offence from a person with 8 posts?

oh!!....nice one..so am i supposed to b like a 'not so much into cars' kind of person just because I have '8' posts here???? Wonderful.

Jokes apart, For 3 seasons since 2007 , I haven't missed a single WRC round and the moment I saw the picture, the similarity hit me 'whack' in the face.

I'm not and will never try to bring down Tata. Go check my garage. I have a 12 year old 'Tough as nuts' Telco Sumo and a 2008 Tata Safari 2.2. Apart from the Tata commercial vehicles in the company's small fleet.

Cheers![/quote]

I cant see any similarities except that both look sporty..may be once after posting 5000+ messages i will be able to...again no offense..be a sport!!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-2009_ford_focus_rs_image003.jpg  

Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-2009fordfocusrs.jpg  

Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-tataindicavistaconcepts.jpg  

Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-tata_indica_concept_s_side.jpg  

Old 8th January 2010, 18:07   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

C'mon what similarities between the indi sport and the ford.
If then almost 70% of the world's cars copy from each others styling!!!
Old 8th January 2010, 18:59   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Anybody have photos of the 'refreshed' Safari?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
^^ here they are. the trims are also available in beautiful beige and faux wooden inserts. fit finish seems to be upgraded.
Amit - thanks for shaing the pics!

The new dual-tone trim looks good but would probably be available only on VX (possibly GX as well). Console does not look all that appealing - too small by Safari's standards! Cannot comment on the fit/finish unless seen in person - hope it has improved. The extra chrome on the front would draw mixed opinions - I personally do not like it!
Old 8th January 2010, 19:18   #98
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The team at Tata Motors sure was an energetic lot. At a time when the stalls were ready to close, I shouted out to Rehaan who was some steps away "Whoever thought trucks would look so good one day"? Suddenly, I saw 5 - 6 seemingly senior Tata officials walk toward me. I was like "Uh oh". They came up, said thanks and asked me to sit inside the truck cut-section. Then, they lent us an attentive ear for the time that we sat inside the truck and heard out all our comments. They were a proud lot man!
Old 8th January 2010, 21:08   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The team at Tata Motors sure was an energetic lot. At a time when the stalls were ready to close, I shouted out to Rehaan who was some steps away "Whoever thought trucks would look so good one day"? Suddenly, I saw 5 - 6 seemingly senior Tata officials walk toward me. I was like "Uh oh". They came up, said thanks and asked me to sit inside the truck cut-section. Then, they lent us an attentive ear for the time that we sat inside the truck and heard out all our comments. They were a proud lot man!
After going through almost all the pics from AutoExpo, Tata's had the most impressive lineup. Right from tiny little Nano to Monstrous Prima Trucks. Their concepts did make sense and looked much more inline with what we Indians want. Even modifications on Indica Vista were done with good taste then modifications done by India's No.1 car company.

They have all the reasons to feel proud

Last edited by HammerHead : 8th January 2010 at 21:09.
Old 8th January 2010, 21:56   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Black glasses look real nice.
I wonder if it will be RTO approved. Over here in Goa, only those tinted glasses which have a certain percentage of visibility are permitted under the law.
Old 8th January 2010, 23:25   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I think every Indian should be proud of what Tatas are doing. TM is the only Indian Automobile company listed in an American Stock Exchange. Whatever TM does these days is covered by the Western Media. I think TM is in the same league as Toyota/GM, or will be in that league shortly.
Thanks GTO for your wonderful coverage of the AutoExpo.
Old 9th January 2010, 02:10   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanramesh View Post
Nitrous, that is precisely what i thought, the moment i saw the new Vista S. i thought it was a great imitation of the Focus. But then again, no faulting TATA here, they really have done a great job on the car.

the imitation is afterall the best tribute to a great car huh!
I don't see any 'GREAT' imitation here. No offence but did u atleast look at both the pics one after the other. Moreover the Focus RS looks like it has borrowed cues form the EVO X
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors at the Auto Expo 2010-p1030367.jpg  

Last edited by cadaver_prad : 9th January 2010 at 02:13.
Old 9th January 2010, 11:18   #103
Senior - BHPian

^^
i too dint understand why people said its an imitation of focus. i failed to see a single part similar.
Old 9th January 2010, 14:27   #104
Senior - BHPian

Imitation!! what? As others mentioned I do not see any similarities other than

Few are - Both have 2 head lamps, 2 fog lamps, 2 RV mirrors :-)))
Old 9th January 2010, 14:59   #105
Team-BHP Support

There isn't much similarity Nitrous. Could you explain to us as to how you arrived at that conclusion?

All I can say is that the front grille of the Indica Vista S has been inspired by the Mazda 6!

Most Viewed