Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 16:16   #16
BHPian

The XJ looks stunning in black, it should easily find some takers in India.
Also if possible please post pics of the interiors.
Old 8th January 2010, 16:38   #17
BHPian

The Jags were so much more exciting than the boring BMW stall .
Here are some more pics :
Attached Thumbnails
Jaguar and Land Rover at the Auto Expo 2010-img_1336.jpg  

Jaguar and Land Rover at the Auto Expo 2010-img_1334.jpg  

Jaguar and Land Rover at the Auto Expo 2010-img_1333.jpg  

Jaguar and Land Rover at the Auto Expo 2010-img_1332.jpg  

Old 8th January 2010, 16:43   #18
BHPian

More details on the XJ please

The XJ steals the show here, with its presence and 'big' feline looks. Black is fetching.

May we have some technical details on the XJ, sourced from JLR at launch? The aluminium panel, engines, transmissions, other driving related gizmos? Has the XJ been launched globally here at the Delhi Show? Or is it an Indian launch?

The XJ will be the car to rival the 7 Series and the S Class I think; a fast luxo-GT. Ian Callum has done a good job, after the Aston DB9.

Regards

P.S. : Today's ET Mumbai edition carried a box item on the front page about four XJs sold during the Auto Show, one to a Bombay based fat cat who flew in, had a look and signed on the cheque book, for a cool 1 Cr. approximately. That's about $ 230 k.
Also mentioned was the fact that JLR reportedly said that the first few deliveries won't come with some non-driving related bells & whistles, but it didn't faze the fcat!

Good show JLR

Last edited by issigonis : 8th January 2010 at 16:46.
Old 8th January 2010, 18:24   #19
BHPian

Did anyone from tbhp sit inside XJ? If so, can you share your impressions?
Old 9th January 2010, 13:35   #20
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod: interior pics added to first post, with few more pics
Old 9th January 2010, 15:26   #21
Team-BHP Support

The more I look at the XJ, the more I love it. If the XF is anything to go by, this one will be a truly astounding machine. It's really gorgeous and the interiors are just about the best I've come across. The tail lights seem to be its only weak point. I prefer the BMW 7's. Hope it sells well. It deserves to.
Old 9th January 2010, 15:30   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The more I look at the XJ, the more I love it. If the XF is anything to go by, this one will be a truly astounding machine. It's really gorgeous and the interiors are just about the best I've come across. The tail lights seem to be its only weak point. I prefer the BMW 7's. Hope it sells well. It deserves to.

+1 to that. Thanks for the interior pics tsk. This thread was incomplete without some good pictures. The interiors reek quality and I'm sure finish is of a very high order. I've heard it is going to be priced very competitively. Been seeing quite a number of XFs on the road these days, hope too some new XJs among the S and 7s that we see aplenty.
Old 9th January 2010, 16:00   #23
Team-BHP Support

The price will be approx 1.1 crore on Road Delhi(around 90L ex showroom) for the XJ
Old 9th January 2010, 16:03   #24
BHPian

XJ is stunning. I love the interior quality and the tail lights.

I love how they have kept the jag lines, i.e. what we see in the CLS benz
Old 9th January 2010, 16:11   #25
Team-BHP Support

Jaguar will prove to be a major player in the luxury car market in India within the next 5 years! The XJ will have people drooling all over it and signing cheque books even before they've stepped into Mercdes/Audi/BMW showrooms and the XF will become even more popular than it is now!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th January 2010 at 16:16.
Old 9th January 2010, 17:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Did anyone from tbhp sit inside XJ? If so, can you share your impressions?
I had the chance to spend some quality time with the XJ L. In fact, there are two of them at the show. One outside for display, one inside for the VIPs to get up close and personal.

It has a cockpit design up front, and the driver and front passenger are pretty much isolated from each other. Its a snug fit, and embodies the feeling of a sports car.

20 speaker B&W music system at hand to entertain you. Plus it has dual view screen on the center console. What that means is that one screen displays two different sources. The driver can be using the Sat Nav while the front passenger can be watching a movie; from the same screen!

The cabin lights and glovebox are touch sensitive. No buttons or levers here. Just touch.

The Instrument cluster is a 12.3 inch TFT that displays analogue instruments. The instruments turn a fiery red , when the sport mode is engaged. Of course it has the Jaguar Drive Selector(same as in the XK), and paddle shifts. there's a V8 lurking under the Hood, and puts out about 363 BHP(not sure).

Plus it has the usual driver aids and independent climate control and heated seats(all) with massagers(for front).
Old 9th January 2010, 18:14   #27
BHPian

Thank you ghost_rider.

I have seen snaps/specs of the interiors extensively.

But my question was more like, how did you feel? Did it impress you vis-a-vis its competitors?
Old 9th January 2010, 18:31   #28
BHPian

I must say I was impressed with the interiors of the JAG. Round ac vents reminded me of the continental GT and the old Rolls . Very English.
The S class and the & 7series are familiar places for me. They haven't changed much in the last couple of years except for BMW's new gear shift and now the new IDrive, so I guess the XJ does have that "New" factor going for it.
Maybe after I've driven the XJ, I'll be able to comment on how it really feels. But it looks smashing from the outside, specially the front end; reminds me of the face of the Leaper.
Old 9th January 2010, 19:43   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
I must say I was impressed with the interiors of the JAG. Round ac vents reminded me of the continental GT and the old Rolls . Very English.
The S class and the & 7series are familiar places for me. They haven't changed much in the last couple of years except for BMW's new gear shift and now the new IDrive, so I guess the XJ does have that "New" factor going for it.
Maybe after I've driven the XJ, I'll be able to comment on how it really feels. But it looks smashing from the outside, specially the front end; reminds me of the face of the Leaper.
Thank you. Now, I got the answer!

How did you find the leg room? I suppose the one on display was the LWB one. Also any idea on the Bowers & Wilkins? Heard so many people raving about it.

When revealed I was so happy. Finally an XJ for this century. The old one was disappointing to say it mildly.

Also, one request! Please do post your opinion on driving it.

Last edited by Trapezio : 9th January 2010 at 19:45.
Old 10th January 2010, 16:00   #30
BHPian

Hello Delhi team!!!

Please post pictures of the Discovery if any of you have taken some...

Most Viewed