Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 12:51   #31
BHPian

Very nice work GTO.
Simply Amazing!!!
Old 7th January 2010, 12:52   #32
J.Ravi

I am happy to see the new versions of Linea and Punto. I hope, Fiat will prove wrong all the doomsday predictions.

Old 7th January 2010, 12:59   #33
Senior - BHPian

Right now, I am pretty much leaning towards GP "Sport". Though the Sport name is a misnomer for a 90 ps engine, I guess I will take it. Those sun roofs are lovely.

Regarding the Punto CNG, I guess this is a good option. Unfortunately, Bangalore and surrounding areas do not have CNG dispensed anywhere, and it will not be useful here. However, I think Fiat is taking a risk by not providing a spare tire. Does the puncture repair kit also include an air filler?

Bring on those Lineas! Drool...

Looks like Palio is gone for good.
Old 7th January 2010, 13:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

I was waiting for this thread! Thanks GTO for the pics & info!

Linea T-jet sounds great, & very tempting too!
Old 7th January 2010, 13:27   #35
BHPian

Great pics GTO. At least they showed the Linea AT, but doubt if it will be launched. FIAT would want all their petrol models to be less than city price.

T-Jet in 2nd quarter? does the quarter start from January? If so March sounds worth the wait, but if they get in AT (pinch) that would be awesome.

So T-Jet + AT + Sunroof = 9.5 Ex showroom would be an offer too good to resist
Old 7th January 2010, 13:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Linea looks amazing in blue. Pity we don't get that colour in India.
Old 7th January 2010, 13:46   #37
Senior - BHPian

The alloy on the Punto Sport looks awesome !! I guess its available on Punto Abarth model as well.

@GTO: Apart from the engines on the car, did you find the quality of the interiors tweaked?
Old 7th January 2010, 13:50   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'm surprised no one mentioned this? Turbo + ECM cars are super-easy to tune. A Rs. 35,000 remap on the Linea will take it to 130 BHP easily, if not 135. You can count on Petes to eye the opportunity before everyone else.

130 BHP + handling + rear disc brakes + communicative steering = That's your cheap Octavia vRS! Only alternative for enthusiasts? A Used RS for 6 lakhs.

Last edited by GTO : 7th January 2010 at 14:09.
Old 7th January 2010, 13:50   #39
BHPian

Linea T-Jet is too tempting. Wish i could have waited !
If FIAT could price it appropriately, it will be the Best VFM sedan in that category.
Old 7th January 2010, 13:52   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Right now, I am pretty much leaning towards GP "Sport". Though the Sport name is a misnomer for a 90 ps engine, I guess I will take it. Those sun roofs are lovely.

Regarding the Punto CNG, I guess this is a good option. Unfortunately, Bangalore and surrounding areas do not have CNG dispensed anywhere, and it will not be useful here. However, I think Fiat is taking a risk by not providing a spare tire. Does the puncture repair kit also include an air filler?

Bring on those Lineas! Drool...

Looks like Palio is gone for good.
@deepakhon, you said "I think Fiat is taking a risk by not providing a spare tire". But, isn't it mandated by ARAI that all production vehicles should provide a space for spare tyres? (I remember reading a few years ago that BMW had trouble with releasing their 7 series in India, because it has no space for spare tyres)..
Old 7th January 2010, 13:53   #41
BHPian

the diesel abarth as in the apparel one looked hot.at first i was also confused as to what model is it,till the old italian guy who went about his alfa romeo brera with 242 bhp told me that its just a designer thing.
@maserq- i have some pics of the dual logic gear shift,just that i am too lazy to do anything.will post them soon.
theres no plan as such for the abarth or the bravo as fiat finds them to be too impractical for india.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:34   #42
BHPian

What actually dual logic means? Thought of asking someone to post the pics of dual logic gear shift. Take your own time mustang89.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:34   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm surprised no one mentioned this? Turbo + ECM cars are super-easy to tune. A Rs. 35,000 remap on the Linea will take it to 130 BHP easily, if not 135. You can count on Petes to eye the opportunity before everyone else.
Absolutely. Guess no point in going for extended warranty, the above is too tempting an option.

Quote:
130 BHP + handling + rear disc brakes + communicative steering = That's your cheap Octavia vRS! Only alternative for enthusiasts? A Used RS for 6 lakhs.
Bring it on FIAT. With all the theory on dualogic this would be even better on Indian roads.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:35   #44
BHPian

Is Linea T Jet + Dualogic coming in one single car? Or are they separate?
Old 7th January 2010, 14:37   #45
BHPian

Quote:

+1 to that. I've waited long enough not to miss the chance.

BTW, see Nitrous anna's post # 191 on this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...2010-a-13.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks