Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 21:58   #76
BHPian

Grear work Gto. Pics rock. Finally Tjet is here. Punto sport rock except those stickers.
Old 7th January 2010, 22:04   #77
BHPian

I drooled over every single FIAT that has rolled into the Indian market, well almost.
This is no exception. The Linea looks so yummy in blue. The stickers on the Punto "sport" are too yuck. Very, very bad.

A great stall by FIAT to say the least.

Nice coverage guys, thanks. Appreciate it.
Old 7th January 2010, 22:23   #78
BHPian

a thread i was expecting after deciding with a heavy heart that i wont be attending the expo at pragati maidan.hats off to our very own GTO
Old 7th January 2010, 22:31   #79
BHPian

GTO..thanks a ton man for bringing the best updates of FIAT at the expo..the Liena T Jet is something I wish could have been launched a little earlier :(

Last edited by s3va : 7th January 2010 at 22:32.
Old 7th January 2010, 22:44   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Had it been that your friend and you would have watched the recent overdrive autoshow in which all the hatches were driven to Himalayas, ladakh and rohtang pass you wouldnt have gone for i20 at all. it was reviewed as the worst car amongst the lot. winner was the ritz, but punto was reviewed as the best handling car and was keeping revvs perfectly in all the hilly areas.
i20 was a major disaster and they had to slip the clutch 100 times to keep it revving in the upslopes.
I have watched that episode of Overdrive. The i20 revving too high when they tried to drive through a muddy road. The wheels were spinning like hell.

But IMO, what i20 lacks is the low line power delivery, which makes the car to rev high. Once it crosses 2k rpm mark its a great car. If i20 is not good how come it overtakes the sale figures of a punto.

One more thing regarding overdrive, did you notice how they avoided punto, vista, swift, i10 etc. and kept the ritz, i20 and the jazz on their top 3
Old 7th January 2010, 23:04   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Punto Sport (Don't know why they call it sport!).

Finally, the Linea-spec MJD makes its way to the Punto.

- 85 BHP MJD Diesel. Variable geometry turbo.

- Available in top of the line "sport" variant, as well as a mid-level variant (for those who don't want to pay $$$ for the sun roof etc.). The regular MJD engines will continue to be sold as well.

- Expected launch in first quarter of 2010

- Best part is, Fiats trying to equip the car exactly as you see it here. Sunroof included!

@ Fiat : Please get rid of the cheesy body stickers.

Attachment 259087
The interiors looks fresh with red lines all over. But that ash colored panels are not good looking and look cheap.

Still Fiat forgot to fit an armrest

GTO, is there any changes to the foot well. It looks like they have modified it. And is there any news about the pricing.

Note: Sorry Mods for back to back post. I forgot about the first post. Won't repeat this any more

Last edited by vaisakhr : 7th January 2010 at 23:09. Reason: Apology
Old 7th January 2010, 23:07   #82
BHPian

People still have some conservation about FIAT cars, And [COLOR=#008000]Hyundai has the benefit of having own showrooms and service centers. You might argue about TATA service stations but till date be it in showroom or service center Fiat cars are seen as step sons by TATA guys, that might be one of the reason of high sales figure for i20. And as far as I have seen(less than 1% of i20s ) most of them are new to 4 wheels and have very less knowledge about brand Fiat. So please don't go by i20 sales numbers to decide which one is a better car.[/COLOR]
Old 8th January 2010, 00:21   #83
Team-BHP Support

Dual sunroof on the Punto "Sport" -- as mentioned, theres a good chance that the car will have this when launched in India.
Fiat at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2729-custom.jpg

Roomy footwell
Fiat at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2731-custom.jpg

Spoiler
Fiat at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2733-custom.jpg

"Diesel" edition alloys on the fiat 500
Fiat at the Auto Expo 2010-img_2737-custom.jpg

cya
R
Old 8th January 2010, 06:20   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Dual sunroof on the Punto "Sport" -- as mentioned, theres a good chance that the car will have this when launched in India.
Attachment 259933

Roomy footwell
Attachment 259934

cya
R
Fiat. The cramped foot well was really annoying. Now its looks more roomy.
Rehann, any details about the clutch travel. It was too long in the old car.

Have any one noticed that the gap between the plastics near the key slot (2nd pic) had reduced. Hope the sports offer better quality.
Old 8th January 2010, 06:58   #85
BHPian

Woweee!!!!

Thanks GTO for such a short but crispy report! what the short post missed was the quality of the interiors when compared with the one currently on sale!

Its good to see that fiat is finally stepping up its game.

And that has caused a great deal of confusion for me since I have to decide which will be my first hatch.. The VW Polo or the GP sportz?
Old 8th January 2010, 07:51   #86

Great pìcs. i could notice the brazilian influence on your Punto. The Sport showed in those pics, is based in a brazilian Punto Sporting with the wheels of the T-Jet (check a the top edges for the doors -rounded in the brazilian, straight at the italian- , the cover of the passenger airbag, not present in the european based; the red interior trim, etc)

Finally, the Linea Absolute Dualogic, is a brazilian made car.
Old 8th January 2010, 09:02   #87
BHPian

Alloys of punto really superb. What about the price of T-jet and dual logic - Any guess ?
Old 8th January 2010, 10:20   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
People still have some conservation about FIAT cars, And [COLOR=#008000]Hyundai has the benefit of having own showrooms and service centers. You might argue about TATA service stations but till date be it in showroom or service center Fiat cars are seen as step sons by TATA guys, that might be one of the reason of high sales figure for i20. And as far as I have seen(less than 1% of i20s ) most of them are new to 4 wheels and have very less knowledge about brand Fiat. So please don't go by i20 sales numbers to decide which one is a better car.[/COLOR]

i fully agree here. in my office i have seen so many people. every one has Punto or a VW Polo in mind but end up buying Hyundai or Suzuki. i am tired of hearing same thing again and again from collegues saying, "this is my first car, i heard fiat service is not good. i want good mileage" before i could start about any other car they stop at Hyundai and Suzuki.

and some of the comments after buying the Hyundai or Suzuki

"Punto would have been good, but its okay"
"oh! i never thought Punto would cost only that much"

yesterday one of my collegue booked i20.comment was " first I test drove swift then test drove i20 then Dzire. i am happy to pay 6.6L OTR for i20" i still dont understand why pay 6.6L for a 1.2L engine

atleast now things have improved. I was reading ownership thread, my collegue comes and see pic of white Punto ( thanks Punter for great pics), he says

"if i am getting my next car that would be this, looks so good"
"Punto looks great man. how much it costs. i want to buy after some months"

FIAT should thank t-bhp for the Free advertisement its getting

Last edited by GTO : 9th January 2010 at 13:53. Reason: No more than 2 smilies per post please
Old 8th January 2010, 10:27   #89
BHPian

Rehan ,

Good pictures of the Punto interiors . Just one or two questions ,

Is there real change in the foot well & improvements in the interiors & its fitment of the punto sport . If so will it be standardized for all Punto varients sold in india with immediate effect

or
Is it just that a punto sport version is manufactured in some part of the world & just bought here for display & every change will be available only in that version
Old 8th January 2010, 11:04   #90
BHPian

Great snaps Rehan!!!

Does anyone has some idea what will be the max torque of Punto Sports?

I feel they should have given duel barrel headlamps in Punto like Linea and Palio or HID lamps.

And in Punto review GTO had mentioned the rear view was less through the back glass, any improvement in this edition? are they giving parking sensors with this one?

Most Viewed