Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 11:30   #91
BHPian

Specs for Fiat Grand Punto in Australia (Similar as the Soon to be launched Punto Sport in India)

Model Engine - 1.3 16V MultiJet
Displacement - 1248 cc
Power - 90 PS (66 kW; 89 hp) @4000 rpm
Torque - 200 N·m (150 lb·ft) @1750 rpm
0–100 km/h - 11.9s
Top speed - 175 km/h (109 mph)

One more interesting find
In UK, Fiat 500 is sold cheaper than Punto Evo with similar specs, Evo being 20% costlier than GP
and the 95bhp variant(90bhp sport here) is only costlier by just 500 pounds (35k Rs.)

Last edited by channelv : 8th January 2010 at 11:49.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:19   #92

Hi,
The PALIO is not there at the auto expo.
Seems to be a clear sign that FIAT is more focussed on the GP and LINEA.
Doesn't seem that we will see a revamped PALIO soon.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:31   #93
BHPian

Interior Look & feel play a huge factor in a car purchase decision. Both of Hyundai's i's score in that department and resulting in good sales.

From the interior pics of the brazilian Punto, it seems much better than even the Punto Sport shown at the AutoExpo. Wonder why FIAT India do not put deep black coloured plastic in the car, will give it a much better interior look. The entire central console in silver also does not help.
Old 8th January 2010, 13:34   #94
Senior - BHPian

Man! The punto sport look HAWT! ( minus the stickers that is). But i'm 99% sure that it wont come here in the same spec. 17inch wheels will never work here. But wheer the whole game is lost is in the interior. It still looks cheap,( especially the scruffy stitching on the gearknob), the seat covers are loosely fixed and the red accents don't help either.

Hope they retain the black roof and the sunroof. It looks damn great!
Old 8th January 2010, 13:37   #95
Senior - BHPian

No Revamped Palio I guess!!!!
Old 8th January 2010, 13:48   #96
Senior - BHPian

Palio days are over??

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaan View Post
Hi,
The PALIO is not there at the auto expo.
Seems to be a clear sign that FIAT is more focussed on the GP and LINEA.
Doesn't seem that we will see a revamped PALIO soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post

All I can think is Palio days are over and Fiat will bring on a new hatch to replace Palio may be not in 2010 itself but by early 2011.

All they need is a refined and fuel efficient 1.2 Ltr petrol engine pumping out at least 80bhp to take on Ritz and i10.
Old 8th January 2010, 13:49   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Interior Look & feel play a huge factor in a car purchase decision. Both of Hyundai's i's score in that department and resulting in good sales.

From the interior pics of the brazilian Punto, it seems much better than even the Punto Sport shown at the AutoExpo. Wonder why FIAT India do not put deep black coloured plastic in the car, will give it a much better interior look. The entire central console in silver also does not help.

Brazilian punto interiors are much better and the central console is eye catching.
Old 8th January 2010, 14:25   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasb View Post

Brazilian punto interiors are much better and the central console is eye catching.
yes. IIRC these are made of carbon fiber. thats why they look much better than plastic version we get here!
Old 8th January 2010, 14:32   #99
Senior - BHPian

Punto sports will definitely cater to those who wanted additional bhp.
But i don't like the red/black/light gray interiors. The current black/gray combo of Emotion Pack looks much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
3. Fiat is planning to launch a parts and customization store, similar to the ones available on the UK web site wherein a customer can add special parts to the car. The metallic pedals/foot rest, sports alloys as well as some other stuff will be available for purchase by existing Punto owners.
Great news!
Hope they do this quickly.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 8th January 2010 at 14:35.
Old 8th January 2010, 14:59   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
yes. IIRC these are made of carbon fiber. thats why they look much better than plastic version we get here!
it doesn't matter whether its carbon fibre or not.

My point is, interiors can be made to look & feel good using plastic materials. If I want to buy a car worth Rs. 6.5L OTR, I expect that the interiors would look & be significantly better than my current 3 yr old 4.5 lakh Wagon-R.

A beautiful exterior shape can only do so much. Most of a drivers time is spent inside the car, so insides should match the beautiful exterior.

Apart from that, I hope FIAT replaces the current E pack with the 'Sports' version and prices it accordingly, else I doubt if it will have many takers.
Old 8th January 2010, 15:18   #101
BHPian

i totally love the 90 bhp punto. Why call it the sports edition though, really - its a shame that Fiat are calling a diesel variant of the car a sports. they shud put that 108BHP motor from the t-jet in the punto. that will really be the hot hatch we have always wanted.

and i honestly think that 500 is jusst delicious - so are the punto alloys. Hope they allow a trade in!
Old 8th January 2010, 15:21   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
it doesn't matter whether its carbon fibre or not.

My point is, interiors can be made to look & feel good using plastic materials. If I want to buy a car worth Rs. 6.5L OTR, I expect that the interiors would look & be significantly better than my current 3 yr old 4.5 lakh Wagon-R.

A beautiful exterior shape can only do so much. Most of a drivers time is spent inside the car, so insides should match the beautiful exterior.

Apart from that, I hope FIAT replaces the current E pack with the 'Sports' version and prices it accordingly, else I doubt if it will have many takers.
Gomzi, in the current market including the Polo, i think the punto interiors are really neat especially on the emotion pk trim. It does take the fight up to all these other companies when it comes to the cabin being a nice place to be. The plastic is an issue which has been repeated over and over again, somehow people never crib about the same quality of plastic on the indica vista. yes the plastic is an issue which needs to be addressed.
Old 8th January 2010, 15:38   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
There is absolutely no compromise on boot space. The CNG tank is located under the boot.
Attachment 259093

Attachment 259097

Where's the spare tyre then? Well, there isn't one. A puncture repair kit is provided instead.
mmmm, very innnovative, but may not work in India, I feel. Let's see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Man! The punto sport look HAWT! ( minus the stickers that is). But i'm 99% sure that it wont come here in the same spec. 17inch wheels will never work here. But wheer the whole game is lost is in the interior. It still looks cheap,( especially the scruffy stitching on the gearknob), the seat covers are loosely fixed and the red accents don't help either.

Hope they retain the black roof and the sunroof. It looks damn great!
Same sentiments. Looks hot but the 'feel & quality' interiors leave a lot to be desired. I agree on the scruffy stiching near gear knob etc as examples. Somehow even the quality of the black/red combo doesn't go well.

BUT it looks HOTTTT from outside. Drool maal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Also, no Bravo?? So plans for the Bravo are shelved or what?

Personally, I feel that with the n+ variants that FIAT possibly has of the Linea/Punto, they have a GREAT opportunity to be right up there in sales if they continue to do a better job in A.S.S and the related perceptions.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 8th January 2010 at 15:41.
Old 8th January 2010, 15:46   #104
BHPian

I don't know whether it's just for my eyes or for everybody's; I see a lot many Lineas than the 3rd gen Honda Citys. Linea's sales is definitely up there.
Old 8th January 2010, 15:51   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I don't know whether it's just for my eyes or for everybody's; I see a lot many Lineas than the 3rd gen Honda Citys. Linea's sales is definitely up there.
Yes there are a lot more Lineas to be seen on road nowadays. One factor could be that it's quite a looker!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks