Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:12   #301
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
alright guys, just got a call from the dealership. the guy said that there is one significant launch in july as informed by FIAT India. It's the Palio with a 1.3 MJD.

now that is one name we had completely forgotten in the recent past. How do they plan to sell it?? well simply on the price front. Palio 1.3 MJD would be retailed at 2.99 Lacs ex-showroom**. BEAT that!!!

** kindly confirm it with your dealerships first. got this news from one dealer. would be calling up a few more around Indore for confirmation.
Ah I wish that happens, 2.99 looks way too little.
Even 3.99 Lac with copletely new dashboard will do for me, I will buy for sure.
Dealer in Gurgoan have no idea about it but said can be made to order if someone wants it.
Yesterday spoted Fiat 500 driven by beautyfull girl.

Last edited by jacksons : 3rd June 2010 at 16:26.
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:14   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
If that is true, FIAT is really thinking of taking over the small car market. It will be raining Palios if they do that. I gues they have recovered all theire Die costs, etc to be selling it at such a pricepoint. That will be a 15k difference to the Alto which is also petrol! The size and looks.. way better than the Alto. And what will be the fate of the low end Indicas?
Time for another price war!!
Million dollar question is, will Fiat be able to meet the demand, if the car with this price has the potential to become successful? Nah...

BUT, Palio MJD is already being sold right? What is this launch then?
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:17   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Palio 1.3 MJD would be retailed at 2.99 Lacs ex-showroom
wow... that cheap a diesel, and the mileage wrt the weight ratio would surely be 20+ km/l.
if they get the service right, that has a potential to change the market.

Last i heard, it was to be a Punto with 1.3MJD.

Quote:
Fiat had announced the Palio Dhamaka scheme in late May whereunder Palio Stile 1.1 BS-III was being offered for Rs 2.99 ex showroom IIRC. Ex showroom price of MJD BS-III was Rs. 4.10 lacs IIRC. This is not a launch but the exact opposite of that!
makes sense. Last night I saw a mint fresh palio with new FIAT logo, and was wondering this must be one of the 5 sold this year...

Last edited by echo77 : 3rd June 2010 at 16:20.
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:38   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
You've been misinformed. Palio is about to be phased out. To clear existing stock and Work in Progress cars, Fiat had announced the Palio Dhamaka scheme in late May whereunder Palio Stile 1.1 BS-III was being offered for Rs 2.99 ex showroom IIRC. Ex showroom price of MJD BS-III was Rs. 4.10 lacs IIRC. This is not a launch but the exact opposite of that!
no wonder it looked too sweet a deal!!

i think before appointing any managers/sales representatives etc. dealerships should actually train them and before hiring them also check their english speaking capabilities ( i tried hindi, but the guy was only willing to talk in english). what he wants to say, ends up saying and what the customer perceives has absolutely no relevance with each other.

but a point to ponder. with the lack of english proficiency, few words were very clear. palio, july first week, 2.99 lacs.
now if the palio dhamaka was in late may, then what is it in first week of july??

and surprisingly this guy was very clear when asked about punto sport launch. no idea. no official communication from the fiats.

@echo77

punto already IS selling as a 1.3 MJD
the difference is that the engine is detuned. punto sport would have a linea spec engine.

I had asked this question somewhere else also on this forum. What is the difference between the linea engine and punto engine?? What i know is that the linea engine has a bigger turbo and the ECU mapping is different. If we do buy a regular punto, ask the dealership to plonk in a linea's turbo, and remap the car's ECU like the linea's (ofcourse by paying them more over the stock car) -- any reasons it should not work??
the whole point of waiting for the punto sport would be made redundant if this is possible.

OR maybe, buy a regular 1.3 MJD and get in touch with Pete's. though I am not sure what will happen to the FE figures though. I know they will drop, but by how much is what makes me wonder.

Last edited by samyakmodi : 3rd June 2010 at 16:44.
Old 3rd June 2010, 16:56   #305
BHPian

Quote:
OR maybe, buy a regular 1.3 MJD and get in touch with Pete's. though I am not sure what will happen to the FE figures though.
How about getting the Punto Sport and plonking a Pete's Box on that. The Linea one would do, I believe. 102 BHP and 220 Nm would do great on the Punto.
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:00   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What i know is that the linea engine has a bigger turbo and the ECU mapping is different.
Punto has a fixed geometry turbo whereas Linea has a variable geometry turbo that costs a lot more.

Quote:
If we do buy a regular punto, ask the dealership to plonk in a linea's turbo, and remap the car's ECU like the linea's (ofcourse by paying them more over the stock car) -- any reasons it should not work??the whole point of waiting for the punto sport would be made redundant if this is possible.
No dealer would be willing to do that. There would be warranty issues too.

Quote:
OR maybe, buy a regular 1.3 MJD and get in touch with Pete's.
That makes better sense.

Quote:
though I am not sure what will happen to the FE figures though. I know they will drop, but by how much is what makes me wonder.
The FE figures actually improve, going by the recent experience of Kamesh Mathur, one of the PUG members. You can check his posts at Palio Users Group in yahoo groups.
Old 3rd June 2010, 23:17   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

To me, the palio might be re introduced with aggressive pricing with 1.3 fgt, the Punto might be upgraded to the 1.3 VGT, the sports might get other frills
Old 4th June 2010, 05:37   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
You've been misinformed. Palio is about to be phased out. To clear existing stock and Work in Progress cars, Fiat had announced the Palio Dhamaka scheme in late May whereunder Palio Stile 1.1 BS-III was being offered for Rs 2.99 ex showroom IIRC. Ex showroom price of MJD BS-III was Rs. 4.10 lacs IIRC. This is not a launch but the exact opposite of that!
I suppose the offer includes one last batch of Palios to be produced in July apart from the hugely discounted 2008 and 2009 models. Fiat is asking for a delivery time of 45-60 days for those freshly produced vehicles. Hence the confusion of a new launch in July I suppose.

I am attaching the offer document here (courtesy PUG).

Palio Stile Offer.pdf
Old 4th June 2010, 07:49   #309
Senior - BHPian

The first week of july will see the launch of punto 1.3 VGT MJD (sports) but with a different variant moniker.
A month later will see the launch of Linea T-jet.
Old 4th June 2010, 09:38   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The first week of july will see the launch of punto 1.3 VGT MJD (sports) but with a different variant moniker.
A month later will see the launch of Linea T-jet.
This is good news, I would love to replace one of my cars with either the T-Jet Linea or the Punto 1.3 VGT provided Fiat have addressed the rusting and the fit (parts falling off) issues. I'm not complaining about the finish as for the price these cars are offered at, it's tolerable.
Old 4th June 2010, 11:39   #311
Senior - BHPian

Don't throw me in the hands of i20!

Dear FIAT,

Don't say that you are not bringing the Punto Sports. I agree that 1.3 VGT is a boon. Current E-Pack with VGT will rock. But I was so excited about those alloys and whole black rook/sunroof. Only problem for me was that red stickers and red boarder in the dash. I fixed it as my next car and was waiting for a long long time. This is heart breaking.

Don't throw me in the hands of i20.

Sadly

Vinu

Once again going through crushed dreams - Courtesy GTO
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat at the Auto Expo 2010-p1030902.jpg  

Fiat at the Auto Expo 2010-p1030912.jpg  

Last edited by myavu : 4th June 2010 at 11:48.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:57   #312
cLJ
BHPian

I am too waiting for this model. Look like the waiting period never ends.

Fiat, please give us a Punto with 1.3 VGT.

CLJ
Old 4th June 2010, 20:24   #313
BHPian

+1 myavu

but i think i would be happy even if they launch a 1.3 vgt punto. don't think would have used the sunroof ever. but yes the alloys are drool worthy for sure. but there is nothing the aftermarket can't offer. (other than the enzo fxx rear)
Old 4th June 2010, 20:42   #314
BANNED

Quote:
+1 myavu

but i think i would be happy even if they launch a 1.3 vgt punto. don't think would have used the sunroof ever. but yes the alloys are drool worthy for sure. but there is nothing the aftermarket can't offer. (other than the enzo fxx rear)
Actually, sport model will be too high on the price and few takers but for VGT 90+ Bhp there will be many takers as price differance will not be that high. IMO it should be 50K more than current FGT. What do you say ?

Last edited by jacksons : 4th June 2010 at 20:43.
Old 4th June 2010, 21:08   #315
Senior - BHPian

But then there should be some difference between FGT E-Pack and VGT E-Pack to differentiate the snob value. A new allow design, rear disks and ECO Drive can do the best. Don't mind if FIAT gives side/curtain airbags as option. (Am I greedy?)

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks