Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2010, 10:42   #361
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
One thing that everybody is overlooking is the fact that the Manza is being manufactured at the same plant.

Manza (5000 units) + Punto & Linea (2300 units) = a total of 7300 units. The capacity though stands at 200,000 units for the factory is still not ramped up to that number. So I believe the plant is at optimal utilization. Hence the delay might actually be due to the expansion of the capacity.

On another note, the engine capacity stands at 300,000 units. Export of these engine stands at around 8000-10,000 units. The rest utilized by the local demand of manza, linea, punto, Vista. Vista 5000-6000 + Linea & Punto 2300 + Manza 5000 units. So there seems to be some genuine reason for the delay.

Also the suppliers needs to be ramped up for the capacity as well.

Whatever the case may be, FIAT should have been prepared for this knowing that the Manza was being launched. With the Launch of the VGT Punto, it would be more economies of sale as the VGT is already running on the Manza and Linea.
Precisely what I think. Its not only manufacturer affair. Lot of suppliers as well need to ramp up their facilities. Vista and Manza are manufactured in the same plant and so the facility is surely not underutilized. I hope they launch the new products soon before the excitement dies (Could be already dead).
Old 16th June 2010, 16:53   #362
BHPian

just spoke to the dealership guy

he confirmed that the punto VGT is going to be launched first, though they haven't got an official confirmation.
punto sport is not on the cards immediately, but the more powerful engine can be expected anytime now.

so finally the wait is coming to an end..
Old 16th June 2010, 20:27   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Vista and Manza are manufactured in the same plant and so the facility is surely not underutilized.
While the Vista is made at TML's Pimpri plant, I think the Manza is made at the Tata Fiat JV plant at Ranjangaon. I know it was a few months ago,don't think they've shifted production back.
Old 16th June 2010, 22:09   #364
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
While the Vista is made at TML's Pimpri plant, I think the Manza is made at the Tata Fiat JV plant at Ranjangaon. I know it was a few months ago,don't think they've shifted production back.
I think you are pretty much right that only Manza is sharing platform with Fiat cars at the moment.
Old 17th June 2010, 15:13   #365
BHPian

I'm hoping that the 1.4 T-Jet will find its way under the Punto's hood in the not so distant future. What a corker that'll turn out to be! Also waiting eagerly for the 90 bhp VGT's reviews. Should be a great drive!
Old 17th June 2010, 17:13   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
just spoke to the dealership guy

he confirmed that the punto VGT is going to be launched first, though they haven't got an official confirmation.
punto sport is not on the cards immediately, but the more powerful engine can be expected anytime now.

so finally the wait is coming to an end..
Punto VGT and sports are different? Forgive my ignorance.
Dealership guy said VGT was coming in maybe next month, I do not remember clearly.
Expect on road price of 8.50 in Bangalore. And it will be launched only in emotion pack version.

Disclaimer: I just heard it. Can't vouch for its veracity.
Old 17th June 2010, 17:22   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Punto VGT and sports are different? Forgive my ignorance.
Dealership guy said VGT was coming in maybe next month, I do not remember clearly.
Expect on road price of 8.50 in Bangalore. And it will be launched only in emotion pack version.

Disclaimer: I just heard it. Can't vouch for its veracity.
hmm..interesting news. 8.5 L in Blore. So it is around the same price as that of the I20 Magna CRDI, right ? Could you please let me know the price difference between VGT and FGT Emotion pack ?
Old 18th June 2010, 16:15   #368
BHPian

@download2live

yeah I think it is different. the dealer (owner) specifically said that this car is not punto sport but a punto with a better spec engine.

i think punto sport will have the different interiors, alloys, headlamp, tail lamp, roof and graphics on it, as compared to this car. it will be the regular punto emotion pk with a VGT engine.
**all this is assumption.

i am slightly disappointed to be honest as i had almost started imagining myself with a white punto sport with black sunroof, red ORVMs, ohhhh sooo sexy alloys, rear sunroof, red lined interiors (won't miss the red inserts in the dash and everywhere, and the yucky!! graphics though). if all that at a price maybe 50K-75K over the emotion pack, I am sure there would have been a longer waiting list for the punto than the fortuner!!
Old 18th June 2010, 21:22   #369
Senior - BHPian

I do not understand the secrecy before car launches. Is there any reason the manufacturers do not want to be upfront about what is being launched and when? Sorry for being a bit basic, but it does impact buyers' decisions. I have been looking forward to the TJet for so long, but there is only so much one can wait. In case there is some confirmation from the manufacturers, one would at least have some interim plans in place. If prospective buyers get bugged with little to no information, they just move ot the competitors, its basic sales knowledge..
Old 18th June 2010, 23:13   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I do not understand the secrecy before car launches. Is there any reason the manufacturers do not want to be upfront about what is being launched and when? Sorry for being a bit basic, but it does impact buyers' decisions. I have been looking forward to the TJet for so long, but there is only so much one can wait. In case there is some confirmation from the manufacturers, one would at least have some interim plans in place. If prospective buyers get bugged with little to no information, they just move ot the competitors, its basic sales knowledge..
The secrecy is not the consumer, but basically for the competitors. Although I agree that it sometimes becomes silly.
Old 19th June 2010, 00:50   #371
BHPian

and also the fact that the secrecy creates a hype and interest amongst people without any marketing whatsoever.

other than that if a new model's information is out, then the existing vehicles' sale simply dwindle down. for example we know that there is a new car on the cards anytime now, so we haven't bought the car available yet. if we hadn't known that the car's supposed to come out with a better engine or an upgrade, wouldn't we all simply buy the car that is available in the showroom today?
Old 19th June 2010, 08:07   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
and also the fact that the secrecy creates a hype and interest amongst people without any marketing whatsoever.

other than that if a new model's information is out, then the existing vehicles' sale simply dwindle down. for example we know that there is a new car on the cards anytime now, so we haven't bought the car available yet. if we hadn't known that the car's supposed to come out with a better engine or an upgrade, wouldn't we all simply buy the car that is available in the showroom today?
Secrecy is both positive and negative.

Positive since prospective buyers will not wait for the new model and buy the existing ones. If you call up a FIAT dealer today and inquire on the new models to be launched they have a standard reply, "Saar it will take 6 months".

Negative since there are prospects who are waiting for that new model only but if there is no communication from company then brand switching can easily happen and they can opt out of FIAT's portfolio.
Old 19th June 2010, 13:20   #373
BHPian

@p'arth

but to be really honest, how many enthusiast would actually do that?
if someone like us has been waiting for the car, we would always end up waiting a bit more than earlier decided for the only reason we always think one thing. what if i buy the car today, and it comes out within the next fortnight or month!???!? that thought alone is enough to keep you waiting till some actual news comes up.
i for one have been waiting from quiet sometime now, and since the car with a better engine is coming out next month, i am going to wait again. the only thing that would not let me buy the car would be if it comes out with some obscene price.

Last edited by samyakmodi : 19th June 2010 at 13:22.
Old 20th June 2010, 03:34   #374
BHPian

Alright folks! Today saw a test mule T-jet Linea at my TASS with an MH12 number plate. I had a chance to get really up close and personal with it (sadly no test drive). I reiterate it was only a test mule so things may change by the time it is launched.

Interiors are pretty much the same as in the current spec Linea. The fit and finish was slightly better but not much different. It had leather upholstery which I was told was done at the factory for testing.

The exteriors are only distinguished by 16" wheels (shod with Apollo Aceleres 205/65/16) and a sleek rear spoiler (I didn't like it in the first look but maybe it will grow on me with time - I love the clean looking rear end of the current linea). Sadly no pictures as was requested not to click.

The launch isn't far away I was told (slated to this sometime this year). Punto should be launched with the 90 bhp VGT MJD very soon though.
Old 20th June 2010, 03:36   #375
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Alright folks! Today saw a test mule T-jet Linea at my TASS with an MH12 number plate. I had a chance to get really up close and personal with it (sadly no test drive). I reiterate it was only a test mule so things may change by the time it is launched.

Interiors are pretty much the same as in the current spec Linea. The fit and finish was slightly better but not much different. It had leather upholstery which I was told was done at the factory for testing.

The exteriors are only distinguished by 16" wheels (shod with Apollo Aceleres 205/65/16) and a sleek rear spoiler (I didn't like it in the first look but maybe it will grow on me with time - I love the clean looking rear end of the current linea). Sadly no pictures as was requested not to click.

The launch isn't far away I was told (slated to this sometime this year). Punto should be launched with the 90 bhp VGT MJD very soon though.
Fantastic news and thanks for taking the trouble. I hope they sell the T-jet in more variants than just the Emotion Pack variant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks