Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2010, 16:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
The Bike's are concepts and not yet to be in production.
If you look closely that is a 2 stroke, 125 cc MotoGP bike with absolute slicks on rear.
Old 7th January 2010, 16:39   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
If you look closely that is a 2 stroke, 125 cc MotoGP bike with absolute slicks on rear.

Hate posting it here. Mahindra had once shown a Scorpio Hybrid Conept in an earlier Autoshow. They showed a little green box saying its the hybrid unit. Kept wondering whether its a working hybrid model. Turns out that, many others on the launch was thinking the same. Surely they should be some extra wiring etc.

But since its a concept we cannot argue over these things.
Old 7th January 2010, 19:20   #33
BHPian

125cc,53bhp,top speed of 245 kph?
btw where is the white limited edition scorpio
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra at the Auto Expo 2010-p1030706.jpg  

Last edited by dockap : 7th January 2010 at 19:22.
Old 7th January 2010, 19:45   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guess they showcased their limited edition Xylo here. Can see one in the background. White.

Does any have the rear and side pictures of the Customised Black Xylo?
Old 7th January 2010, 21:54   #35
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Liked the Thar. I didn't like the tail-lamp setup.

Mahindra is getting sports bikes in India? Great.

Also where is the World SUV?
Old 7th January 2010, 22:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

The Thar is quite an awesome looker indeed. Right after the Classic, this is the one they should go with. What was so customized about the Xylo? Was it the same one as showcased at the performance show in Mumbai late last year?
Old 7th January 2010, 22:54   #37
BHPian

That navistar bus is a disaster.
Trucks would look a lot better with smaller tooth grills and PRIMA-like head lights instead of round ones.
But I must say mahindra stole the show with thar. A true blue jeep at its best.
Let's see what is it like when it is actually launched. I hope it remains unchanged and is priced right.
Old 7th January 2010, 23:04   #38
BHPian

Can all of us; ie. Let Mahindra's design/Busineess team know that they are producing some weird looking vehicles with the same rabit tooth grill in different forms which really dont look good. Also if they hire some good design engineers; maybe it will boost their sales atleat a good 10-20%.

After seeing so may comments on 'rabbit tooth' i feel that this "opinion" of around 70-80% of Car enthusiast on the most visited and organized forum 'T-BHP' does represent a common man's enthusiasm and feeling towards Mahindra's design.

On a side note; doesnt that BUS look like a suicide attempt for a School bus; I mean looking at it; i have no doubts that i will tip over a curve.
Old 7th January 2010, 23:05   #39
Senior - BHPian

That Bus has some serious problems mostly cosmetic i suppose, Current mahindra Touristor looks simple and better.Dental problem persist in all Mahindra's,they should visit a good dentist(designer) for Dental extraction .

Last edited by agspins : 7th January 2010 at 23:06.
Old 7th January 2010, 23:15   #40
Senior - BHPian

Thar is awesome!! When will Mahindra launch it here? Any idea about its pricing?
Old 7th January 2010, 23:15   #41
Senior - BHPian

[quote=GTO;1669770]Mahindra's pavilion spanned across different segments of vehicles......Jeeps, SUVs, MUVs, CVs, 2 wheelers and more.

First things first, what all the Jeepers have been waiting for. The Mahindra Thar. That too with a long list of customisations! Mahindra's fit & finish have greatly improved, even on these ol' school Jeeps. With the common-rail under the hood, this Jeep ought to be a stonker.

Question is : How long is Mahindra going to sit on the fence? You have a ready list of enthusiast buyers for the Thar. It'd be a shame if you don't eventually launch it.

quote]

Mr. Behram has answered your question to me in a very positive manner with very good news about the 'upcoming' THAR.

request to all NCR guys who will be visiting the autoexpo in next 2 days, please take some fresh flowers and chocolates for him who will be standing next to THAR for rest of the days.
Old 7th January 2010, 23:24   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Mr. Behram has answered your question to me in a very positive manner with very good news about the 'upcoming' THAR.

request to all NCR guys who will be visiting the autoexpo in next 2 days, please take some fresh flowers and chocolates for him who will be standing next to THAR for rest of the days.
For all those who want to meet Mr. Behram Dhabar, here is a photo of him with his love, The Fiat 1100 Super Select.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra at the Auto Expo 2010-i5248.jpg  

Old 7th January 2010, 23:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

how to recognise Mr. Behram when you carry flowers and chocolates for him to thank him for giving us THAR!

here is his photo, taken today when he was busy answering tons of questions about THAR!

The Hardworking man himself!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra at the Auto Expo 2010-father-thar.jpg  

Old 8th January 2010, 00:08   #44

HAHAHAHA!!!! Brilliant!! He is sure going to laugh when he reads this. Also, If someone can pester him to buy me a Scale Model from the Mercedes Stall, Please Do so!!
Old 8th January 2010, 00:22   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
HAHAHAHA!!!! Brilliant!! He is sure going to laugh when he reads this. Also, If someone can pester him to buy me a Scale Model from the Mercedes Stall, Please Do so!!
well i have been criticising the THAR Aventure a lot since people posted its photos on the forum.

after talking to him, im a changed person. im all for his efforts in bringing THAR to indian 4WD offroad scene.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks