Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 12:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Each and every vehicle who run's in India has to insured that's the law we all take insurance for that reason which has a Third party cover.

If there is a case of hit and run then why do we have cop's for why are we paying premium for?

TP is also something which is used as a pool where in all the insurance companies deposit's the premium and from there the actual payment is made to the family's who have lost some one in the family. now if we have to pay more on fuel bill that this is something unjustified.

Government knows one thing for sure that we the people will bare any stone thrown at us. - They are taking advantage of the same thing.
Old 11th January 2010, 20:24   #17
BHPian

This is hilarious. So people dont need to run anymore, they would have anyways paid for the hit.
Old 11th January 2010, 22:20   #18
aby
BHPian

I don't have a link rightaway, but I read a scary stat that 70% of vehicles in Bangalore roads lack insurance. In fact most cars don't renew after first year.

Why don't cops target that. Heck with the available technology it is damn easy. Yet it is we poor drivers who have to face the music.
Old 11th January 2010, 23:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
My biggest suspicion would be: How to identify who the victim is? OR is it always assumed that the pedestrian is the victim? Let me explain:

In many cases that I have seen, it is the pedestrian/jay walker (or whatever)'s mistake. The poor driver is usually scared out of his wit and disappears from the scene.

Repeating the question: How to identify who the victim is?
My Question too.
In the eyes of the law its always the Bigger Machines fault. If a Bike tries to squeeze through and a car hits it, its the cars fault. If a bike appears from no where in front of a bus/truck its always the fault of the weak breaking Monsters.
Old 12th January 2010, 00:11   #20
BHPian

rather than levying more and more taxes in the name of public benefit/welfare, they should look at effectively spending what they already collect. Quite a large chunk of our incomes undergo taxation directly and indirectly. We get taxed when we earn as well as when we spend...High time the govt. ensures there's no diversion of the same into the pockets of corrupt politicians / bureaucrats. We as citizens don't seem to worry about questioning public expenditure or intended levies.
Old 12th January 2010, 12:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
My biggest suspicion would be: How to identify who the victim is? OR is it always assumed that the pedestrian is the victim? Let me explain:

In many cases that I have seen, it is the pedestrian/jay walker (or whatever)'s mistake. The poor driver is usually scared out of his wit and disappears from the scene.

Repeating the question: How to identify who the victim is?
Was driving back from Panjim yesterday and around Sira, there was a loony-coot of a villager who ran across a 6 lane stretch of supposedly walled-off freeway, then ran back TOWARDS the car in the middle of the road (i.e. along the middle lane i was in) and then danced back off just in the nick of time.

A little closer to Tumkur, an Innova had rammed into a tractor trailer (in the outside, fast, lane) as it chugged along up the wrong side towards an opening in the highway.

Some hours before, closer to Haveri, I also encounted one such species of wrong-way-headed, tractor-bound offal in the outside lane I was overtaking a stationary truck in, who almost squeezed me into the truck .

I have no sympathy for "hit-and-run" village idiots and/or city-bumpkins who do not follow the rules, and I will never pay for them either.
Old 12th January 2010, 12:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Will it not increase more homicide like, son run over step father and claimed "hit-and-run" benefit?

I think it opens up more possibilities of such crimes :(

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 12th January 2010 at 12:12. Reason: typo
Old 12th January 2010, 12:12   #23
BANNED

I have a big doubt. I expect that the bulk of the levy collected will end up in the Big Black Hole - The Consolidated Fund of India.
Old 12th January 2010, 13:15   #24

It seems law makers believes in the saying "cure is better than prevention"
Old 13th January 2010, 18:02   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Was driving back from Panjim yesterday and around Sira, there was a loony-coot of a villager who ran across a 6 lane stretch of supposedly walled-off freeway, then ran back TOWARDS the car in the middle of the road (i.e. along the middle lane i was in) and then danced back off just in the nick of time.

A little closer to Tumkur, an Innova had rammed into a tractor trailer (in the outside, fast, lane) as it chugged along up the wrong side towards an opening in the highway.

Some hours before, closer to Haveri, I also encounted one such species of wrong-way-headed, tractor-bound offal in the outside lane I was overtaking a stationary truck in, who almost squeezed me into the truck .

I have no sympathy for "hit-and-run" village idiots and/or city-bumpkins who do not follow the rules, and I will never pay for them either.
I am sure frequent fliers of highway will agree with you. I have seen a lot of such cases especially near such villages on the highway. The most irritating/careless of the sins performed by the villagers is that they lazily come on the extreme right of side of the road on the wrong side. I have seen tractors and bullock carts coming head (sighted at the last moment while over taking a truck!!).

There should be highway patrol catching up with these guys and fining them heavy amounts so that they do not repeat it again and understand the seriousness of their crime (If I may say so).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks