Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which magazine will you subscribe to this year?
Autocar India 431 65.60%
BS Motoring 79 12.02%
BIKE India 16 2.44%
CAR India 29 4.41%
Top Gear 156 23.74%
Overdrive 140 21.31%
Indian Auto 11 1.67%
Any other (Please name) 40 6.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 657. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2020, 15:28   #301
Team-BHP Support

Bored in Quarantine? Digital copy of Overdrive and other Mags

PS: I was struggling to figure out which is the best forum to post this. Mods, please do move this as appropriate.

Got this message from Team Overdrive [see the link in bold in the quoted text]. Thought it would be helpful to share here for anyone looking for their monthly auto magazine fix.

On a related note and to make this a little wider, please do share any other other online resources too on this thread.

I have previously used Magzter's Gold subscription - it works well for a wide range of online versions of many magazines. It includes Overdrive too, Bike, Fast Bike and some other auto mags too but I don't think the Autocar family of magazines are included in the Gold pack.

Quote:

Dear friends,

We find ourselves in a unique situation, our lives have been disrupted by the largest viral pandemic to hit modern times. COVID-19 has wreaked havoc and pushed the planet behind closed doors. It's going to be tough trying to do something with your time for the next few weeks, but we hope this issue of OVERDRIVE will alleviate some of it.

To read our latest issue, the April 2020 issue click here.

<http://overdrive.in/digital-print/>

In this issue we take a close look at all of the recent announcements:

- The Hyundai Creta review. It's come in with a bang, 10k plus bookings in its first week… we drive to find out just why its sales numbers are flying high.
- The BMW X5 M Competition. The most powerful BMW SUV ever is an absolute delight to drive.
- Tata Harrier AT. It is by far one of the finest Tata Motors products we've ever driven. And that sort of compliment does not come easy from us.
- The 390cc ADV comparison. These are the absolute entry level adventure touring motorcycles you can buy. Which one trump's the others though?

Feel free to share this link with your friends and family. Do spread it around!

Best regards,
Team OVERDRIVE
Axe77 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 15:54   #302
BHPian

Re: Bored in Quarantine? Digital copy of Overdrive and other Mags

Even Autocar India is offering it's April 2020 issue for free download.

Here is the link to download the issue for free:
https://www.autocarindia.com/downloads/april2020issue

Note: I have not downloaded it yet.
LazyDriver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2020, 16:10   #303
BHPian

Re: Bored in Quarantine? Digital copy of Overdrive and other Mags

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyDriver View Post
Even Autocar India is offering it's April 2020 issue for free download.

Here is the link to download the issue for free:
https://www.autocarindia.com/downloads/april2020issue

Note: I have not downloaded it yet.
Thanks, just downloaded the same. Will definitely help in spending time reading over the weekend.
Old 29th March 2020, 15:37   #304
Senior - BHPian

Re: The great Indian Car Magazine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasKinger View Post
Adding to this thread, EVO India too has made its April issue available for free download from their website.

All you need to do is go to the EVO India website (https://www.evoindia.com/), fill in a form with your name, email ID, and phone number. With that, you can access your copy of EVO India April Edition.
I am happy to share that the images of the Hyundai Creta production from pages 122-129 were shot by me
gsferrari is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 01:26   #305
BHPian

Another interesting product from Haymarket (Whatcar?) has also made its April issue available for free download. Just fill your Name and Email ID to enjoy the 6.96 Megabytes 68 pages magazine.

Link: https://www.autocarindia.com/downloa...ID=wcapril2020
VOLANTE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2020, 22:39   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar May issue - Free for download

During these days of lock-down, a good gesture from auto magazines to make their current issues free for download - Autocar May issue at the link below, free for download:

https://www.autocarindia.com/downloa...spx?ID=may2020
84.monsoon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 10:07   #307
Senior - BHPian

Re: Autocar May issue - Free for download

downloaded and browsed through it only to realise how redundant auto mags have become. All the content looked so stale because most of the articles pertain to vehicles and issues that have been debated galore on T-bhp, and that too with multiple perspectives, and not just the views of one journo.
himanshugoswami is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 10:45   #308
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If you ask me, the car magazines are finally available for the price they really deserve = FREE. For all the junk biased reviews they provide and their 1-month old news, why should the customer pay? Anyway, it's the auto industry that pays the magazine's bills, not the individual customer.

No wonder their subscription & circulation numbers have been declining since years.

In another 10 years, they'll be a relic. We won't have any car magazines on sale.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 11:15   #309
Team-BHP Support

Another thing I noticed with the YouTube videos of the car magazines. Just refer to the BMW 2 series Gran Coupe first drive video from Autocar and OverDrive. In most parts they have identical shots - maybe the PR video clips provided by the manufacturer, and occasionally the respective presenter is shown driving. They all used to look the same, but now even more similarities!

Last edited by vb-saan : 4th May 2020 at 12:51.
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 12:40   #310
BHPian

I personally like the AUTOCAR INDIA magazine as it covers most of the reviews of the newly launched vehicles,car comparison,gives some key notes of the used vehicles, mentions discounts,on road pricing at the end of majority of the cars and some exclusive reports. Their layout itself is easy to read and understand.
Sahilrai166 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 13:29   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Manufacturers cleverly release the cars to reviewers ahead of launch, which means they get their chance to see, shoot , edit and what not and release a good quality video ahead of the other guy. They have to please the manufacturer, else the content creator will not get invited next time, this applies to all the tech reviewers on the internet as well.

The Autocar`s Harrier (25L) review ends with a should you buy one section - the answer is another question about Tata`s brand value and if its worth this price. Autocar`s Jeep Compass Trailhawk (33L) review ends with a recommendation to buy that small vehicle for the price of a Fortuner base variant. The story continues, It says XUV is the main rival of Hexa in Hexa review but compares XUV itself to Creta in XUV5OO`s review.

Auto magazines are still nice to read while waiting for a haircut.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2020, 13:43   #312
BHPian

I've voted for NOTA!!!

Why would I (or should someone) subscribe to a paid biased review when there is an unbiased forum like www.team-bhp.com!
Old 4th May 2020, 13:46   #313
BHPian

Autocar India road test is the only worthwhile thing reading. Usually post 4 months of a new launch they bring out a detailed road test, and until then its only advertising of a vehicle, much like paid journalism.
Old 4th May 2020, 19:58   #314
BHPian

Auto Mags in print might soon be irrelevant but of late, they have been putting up more and more content on Youtube. It isn't a bad idea any longer to continue their distribution of E-Mags for free or for a very nominal subscription price.

In recent times, I liked the direction EVO magazine started off. Among others, only Autocar Ind and Overdrive have been consistent for the last 20 years nearly.
Old 6th June 2020, 23:32   #315
BHPian

Autocar India's 250th issue is OUT, and is available for free download with some special stories.

Here is the link for free download = https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...or-free-417531
LazyDriver is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed