Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which magazine will you subscribe to this year?
Autocar India 431 65.60%
BS Motoring 79 12.02%
BIKE India 16 2.44%
CAR India 29 4.41%
Top Gear 156 23.74%
Overdrive 140 21.31%
Indian Auto 11 1.67%
Any other (Please name) 40 6.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 657. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2006, 15:45   #106

doesnt make sense to read so much abt foriegn cars. and y devote so much time to F1? i follow F1 but i hav more info than the mags can provide. I appreciate indianised content. i dont want to know so much abt developments out of india,,,first tell me enough abt here. U tell me which mag comes to mind when u try thinking if they help in forming car/bike loving communities ? which? no one...bs to a degree but not as much,,,,
Old 13th September 2007, 10:57   #107
BHPian

Stopped reading all those after subscribing to Team-BHP.
Old 13th September 2007, 13:56   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Ditto. Why wait a month for inconsistent auto journalism, when all that you need to know is a click away. This is the real thing.
Old 13th September 2007, 17:25   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
The same is also the case with me after joining here !
Old 13th September 2007, 21:14   #110
Senior - BHPian

Overdrive.. eeeuuu i hate it..just provide them any news or any photos.. they will publish it but after that they will never reply you. even they will not say thanks on anything like that. OD also publish all photos without background. i mean they publish only Vehicle.that looks bad.
Old 13th September 2007, 21:37   #111
BHPian

My Choice..

Among all magazines, there is only one which I buy 100% without fail every month. That is BIKE India. No other magazine has specialized two wheeler content; Indian as well as International. Among all others I go by the cover. I choose on the basis of content what other magazines I have to buy. Although Topgear is not my type due to their non-technical approach to automobiles, I most often end up buying it because of the International Scenario it covers. CAR India is another one which I buy sometimes due to the International Content; like the fantastic story in the July 2007 issue : Inside the BMW M division. Autocar India is unbeatable on local content.
Old 14th September 2007, 00:45   #112
Senior - BHPian

As the topic has came up,well, I like Autocar India as it covers Indian car scenario well. But after buying this months issue I felt cheated.They've priced it Rs. 100(40% increase) and only increment I could find in the contents are the Advertisements. Come on, I don't want to pay Autocar extra bucks to get extra 100 pages of ads.I'm even going to write this to their editorial but I doubt they'll care anyway.
Old 14th September 2007, 00:51   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
As the topic has came up,well, I like Autocar India as it covers Indian car scenario well. But after buying this months issue I felt cheated.They've priced it Rs. 100(40% increase) and only increment I could find in the contents are the Advertisements. Come on, I don't want to pay Autocar extra bucks to get extra 100 pages of ads.I'm even going to write this to their editorial but I doubt they'll care anyway.
I am with you on this, this months ACI was totally BS, man i just hated the whole ACI team for this, they priced it at 100 and put so many adverts in it, it was so frustrating, i looked up at the last pages, expecting excitement and found adverts, adverts and more adverts, lesson learned never buy ACI specials, buy OD, trust me this months issue is totally worth it with the track day.
Old 14th September 2007, 01:25   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I am with you on this, this months ACI was totally BS, man i just hated the whole ACI team for this, they priced it at 100 and put so many adverts in it, it was so frustrating, i looked up at the last pages, expecting excitement and found adverts, adverts and more adverts, lesson learned never buy ACI specials, buy OD, trust me this months issue is totally worth it with the track day.
Exactly, I also liked the OD this month(and it's also a special issue). But I really liked the contents,specially about the 4 SUV to Ladakh trip report.Yet to read the mag fully but I felt this month's OD is a better buy then ACI.
Old 14th September 2007, 01:39   #115
Senior - BHPian

Yup, the track days, the 220FI test, the trip of the SUV's makes it worth it. OD special should be bought, ACI regular should be bought.
Old 14th September 2007, 01:42   #116
Senior - BHPian

Already sent a strong mail to ACI. I hope they'll heed and improve.But yeah, Iv'e also decided not to touch any of the future special ACI issue.
Old 14th September 2007, 01:53   #117
BHPian

Auto car india for me though the mag was huge there was actually very less content this month
Old 14th September 2007, 08:35   #118
BHPian

This months OD was excellent. Even the reviews seemed more or less true and justified to the actuals unlike Autocar wherein the biased outlook can be clearly felt. I personally rank OD higher than Autocar based on the past couple of months issues. It feels like OD have totally revamped their approach of late and that looks good.
Old 14th September 2007, 13:48   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
Among all magazines, there is only one which I buy 100% without fail every month. That is BIKE India. No other magazine has specialized two wheeler content; Indian as well as International. Among all others I go by the cover. I choose on the basis of content what other magazines I have to buy. Although Topgear is not my type due to their non-technical approach to automobiles, I most often end up buying it because of the International Scenario it covers. CAR India is another one which I buy sometimes due to the International Content; like the fantastic story in the July 2007 issue : Inside the BMW M division. Autocar India is unbeatable on local content.
BIKE INDIA is concentrating too much on the International scene than the Indian biking scene. That's one of the reasons that I dislike in BIKE INDIA.
Old 14th September 2007, 14:17   #120
Senior - BHPian

Mithun, spot on. Its stuff i read online - i don't read it on the loo, so i can do without seeing same stuff on paper!!

WhatCar is a decent cheap bimonthly mag too. Good for somoene considering purchase of a new car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks