Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which magazine will you subscribe to this year?
Autocar India 431 65.60%
BS Motoring 79 12.02%
BIKE India 16 2.44%
CAR India 29 4.41%
Top Gear 156 23.74%
Overdrive 140 21.31%
Indian Auto 11 1.67%
Any other (Please name) 40 6.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 657. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2007, 14:31   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
BIKE INDIA is concentrating too much on the International scene than the Indian biking scene. That's one of the reasons that I dislike in BIKE INDIA.
The fact of the matter is that there is hardly any action worthwhile happening in the "Indian" Bike Scene. What you get is launches of economisers month after month which promise to go an extra 0.7 kms on a liter of fuel. BIKE India covers them nonetheless, but to fill pages there is no choice but to concentrate on the International Bike Scene. However, they were among the first to ride the new P 220 and also to test it against its only rival in India, the HH Karizma.

Having a specialized magazine devoted only to 2-wheelers, in India, where bikes are still considered to be a forced choice (cant afford 4 wheels, hence using two) rather than a personal choice (preferring two wheels even though one can afford four). Their effort can be termed as brave and they should be appreciated for this fact alone. Whether one likes the writing style or paper quality etc. etc. is a personal opinion.
Old 14th September 2007, 23:01   #122
BHPian

Auto car india is the best. The quality of the magazine is upto international standard and the reviews are accurate.
Old 14th September 2007, 23:57   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I am with you on this, this months ACI was totally BS, man i just hated the whole ACI team for this, they priced it at 100 and put so many adverts in it, it was so frustrating, i looked up at the last pages, expecting excitement and found adverts, adverts and more adverts, lesson learned never buy ACI specials, buy OD, trust me this months issue is totally worth it with the track day.
Agree with this. When my bro bought the issue home, i was excited seeing so many pages, but the joy was short lived when i glanced through the pages. They have also borrowed quite a few articles from their sister mag which is 'What Car?'.

On the other hand, 'What Car' makes the most sense to me, as it focuses on the needs of a new car buyer, and also is very reasonably priced.
Old 15th September 2007, 00:36   #124
BHPian

ACI it is for me ! Purely because no other auto mag matched their accuracy of facts and figures, and that they usually say a lot about upcoming models, variants etc, which other mags dont.
Old 15th September 2007, 11:31   #125
BHPian

After beeing a team BHP member, I dont even feel like looking towards any of these magazines. The difference in the knowledge base is the same as in an ocean and a swimming pool! No magazine can give a solution to my automobile query in 5 minutes(or less)

Its true! No auto mags interest me anymore. Long live T-BHP!
Old 15th September 2007, 13:11   #126
BHPian

I used to be a regular reader of Autocar and other magazines, but after I discovered team-bhp I’ve pretty much stopped reading them. The clincher is the fact that I can read it anywhere on my Nokia N800, including the loo!!!
Old 17th September 2007, 07:40   #127
BHPian

I am quite happy with the BS Motoring and top gear.....To pick one of the two I would go with Top Gear......I still remember once times motoring used to give a lot of information about the upcoming releases.....and more tests and report of long runs in different cars.......Top gear rocks in show as well as magazine.
Old 17th September 2007, 14:19   #128
pankaj_aheer

I have read few of magzine and found all of them are not so useful and When I joined T-BHP I just fall in love with this forum !!! Forget about the Magzine's

Old 17th September 2007, 20:14   #129
BHPian

I'd agree to my fellow BHPIANS... I have forgot mags because T-Bhp

TBHP ROCKSSS
Old 25th September 2007, 20:49   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Agree with this. When my bro bought the issue home, i was excited seeing so many pages, but the joy was short lived when i glanced through the pages. They have also borrowed quite a few articles from their sister mag which is 'What Car?'.

On the other hand, 'What Car' makes the most sense to me, as it focuses on the needs of a new car buyer, and also is very reasonably priced.
yeah , this months aci is just full of ads , aci should have more supercars .well i buy tg , what car ,car india for its international content. where do u get foriegn car mags in delhi (cheaply)
Old 2nd October 2007, 12:29   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

Although i buy Overdrive,ACI and Top Gear every month, i haven't subscribed to any of them to avoid courier delays.
My local magazine stand chap gets the a new copy of the magazines usually a week before, is it the same case with subscription copies?
Would be great if some of the mumbai subscribers of ACI, Top Gear and OD could give some inputs on what date their copy usually reaches their doorstep?
Old 2nd October 2007, 12:33   #132
Team-BHP Support

i had subscribed to OD. the mag used to come on the 5-6th of every month. much later than it was out on the news stands. im not subscribing again.
Old 28th March 2008, 11:26   #133
BHPian

I ususally pick up Autocar and overdrive alaternately each month to read in flights both are equally good. I like writing style and grading system of Top Gear . I am also disappointed with both the mags for their car buyers guide-they leave blanks on many specs and also the info is not at all updated for ages - so I have stopped referring to that section now.
Old 28th March 2008, 12:25   #134
BHPian

Not subscribed to any of those mags. But regularly buy Autocar from the stands.
Old 28th March 2008, 17:08   #135
BHPian

I used to subscribe ACI and OD. Stopped it some time back because of the postal delays. Now, I buy ACI, OD and BS Motoring from the news-stand every month. Also tried the TG, but the issues I picked had too much of International coverage for my liking so stopped buying it.

-Harshavardhan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks