Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2010, 19:05   #1
BHPian

Jagdeesh Khattar's Carnation to service Fiat cars in India

I own a Fiat Palio MJD (40,000K) prior to owning an Indica (1,40,000K) serviced at Concorde, to be honest the Fiat service @ Concorde atleast is a sham to put it mildly. I am pretty sure this news will be music to Fiat affectionados ....

Carnation Auto and Magneti Marelli, a Fiat group company, have announced a strategic alliance for aftermarket servicing of the latter's premium cars, which include brands like Fiat, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari and Maserati, in India.
The agreement will enable Carnation Auto to increase its spare part product range, while Magneti Marelli will gain insights into the Indian market, which represents a key outlet for Magneti Marelli; it already has six joint ventures in India. More >

Carnation-Fiat arm tie-up may irk Tatas

Jagdish Khattar’s Carnation Auto, which announced a strategic alliance with Fiat group company Magneti Marelli on Thursday, will now service top Fiat brands like Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa Romeo and Lancia in the after sales market. This, however, could create potential for conflict of interest with Tata Motors, which has a partnership with Fiat and plans to introduce these marquee brands in India through its own dealer and service network.

Speaking to ET, Carnation Auto MD Jagdish Khattar said: “I don’t see any conflict of interest with Tata Motors because the agreement has been approved by the top management of Fiat.” When contacted, the Tata Motors spokesman said: “We cannot make any comments because we are unaware of the nature of the agreement (between Carnation and Magneti Marelli).” More >
Old 9th January 2010, 20:20   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

that is a nice option for all Fiat owners;I am sure Carnation would prove to be many shades better
Old 9th January 2010, 20:34   #3
BHPian

This topic is already under discussion here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...al-review.html

and here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...p-company.html
Old 9th January 2010, 20:43   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Sure thing !!! ... lets continue there, mods please note !!!
Old 9th January 2010, 23:52   #5
Team-BHP Support

Thanks NutsNBolts. Closing this thread.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks