Team-BHP - Hyundai launches customer friendly initiatives
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai launches customer friendly initiatives (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/73422-hyundai-launches-customer-friendly-initiatives.html)

Quote:

Hyundai Motor India Ltd announced two special initiatives to increase its focus on the customers. A 24X7 Road Side Assistance Program was launched with the aim of providing emergency road side assistance services round the clock and the i20 Fan Club with an objective of reaching out and connecting with all the existing and potential customers of i20 through the web platform.

The 24X7 Road Side Assistance is launched in association with Mondial Assistance, the world leader in Roadside Assistance services and the program is designed to enhance the customer ownership experience and ensure that customers get immediate and hassle free service in the event of any car breakdown. The scheme will be available as a complimentary service with new vehicles for two years starting February 1, 2010, while existing customers will be offered this option at the best rates. The 24×7 Road Side Assistance program covers services such as: wheel change, fuel delivery up to 5 litres, arrangement of taxis for the customer, opening the vehicle in the event of a key lock-out, rectifying electrical problems related to the battery and fuse, on-spot repairs for complaints that can be attended to on site and car towing to the nearest workshop in cases of an accident. The i20 Fan Club which is termed as the 'Uber Trooper' fan club will focus on bringing together all fans of this hot-selling car under one umbrella and give them the opportunity to communicate directly and candidly with each of the members. A special website ‘<link removed due to possible malware>' will be launched soon, which will give i20 fans an opportunity to share their experiences, knowledge and articulate their viewpoints with others.

Speaking on the occasion, Arvind Saxena, Director, Marketing & Sales, HMIL, said, “At Hyundai our goal is to be even more customer-focused, especially in today’s challenging environment, where it is important for us to demonstrate how well we understand our customers. With this thought in mind, we proactively launched two very interesting customer centric initiatives. Both these initiatives reflect our continued dedication to meeting and exceeding each customer's individual needs and requirements. Through the launch of 24×7 Road Side Assistance program, Hyundai aims to ensure uninterrupted journey for our customers across India and we are happy to partner with Mondial Assistance to launch this initiative. While, the i20 Fan club will help us reach out to the target audience in the digital space. The online interactions of the Fan Club will lead to better bonding between the customers and the company and exchange of ideas and suggestions which should help us engage the customers in a more interesting and meaningful way”.
Source:Hyundai launched the 24X7 Roadside Assistance Program & the i20 Fan Club - Motoroids.com

Hyundai's Press Release

Quote:

New Delhi, January 11, 2010: Hyundai Motor India Ltd, today announced two special initiatives to increase its focus on the customers. A Road Side Assistance Program was launched today with the aim of providing emergency road side assistance services round the clock to ensure a pleasurable and uninterrupted journey virtually anywhere in India. The program is designed to enhance the customer ownership experience and ensure that customers get immediate and hassle free service in the event of any car breakdown.

The scheme will be available as a complimentary service with new vehicles for two years starting February 1, 2010, while existing customers will be offered this option at the best rates. The 24×7 Road Side Assistance program covers services such as: wheel change, fuel delivery up to 5 litres, arrangement of taxis for the customer, opening the vehicle in the event of a key lock-out, rectifying electrical problems related to the battery and fuse, on-spot repairs for complaints that can be attended to on site and car towing to the nearest workshop in cases of an accident.

Hyundai is launching the 24×7 Road Side Assistance program in association with Mondial Assistance, the world leader in Roadside Assistance services who operate in over 200 cities largely with their company owned fleet of Assistance vehicles, Flat bed tow trucks and trained Technicians.

Another customer centric initiative is the launch of an i20 Fan Club, with the sole objective of proactively reaching out and connecting with all the existing and potential customers of i20 through the web platform.

Termed as the‘Uber Trooper’ Fan Club, it will bring together all fans of this hot-selling car under one umbrella and give them the opportunity to communicate directly and candidly with each of the members. A special website ‘<link removed due to possible malware>'’[/url] will be launched soon, which will give i20 fans an opportunity to share their experiences, knowledge and articulate their viewpoints with others.

Speaking on the occasion, Arvind Saxena, Director, Marketing & Sales, HMIL, said, “At Hyundai our goal is to be even more customer-focused, especially in today’s challenging environment, where it is important for us to demonstrate how well we understand our customers. With this thought in mind, we proactively launched two very interesting customer centric initiatives. Both these initiatives reflect our continued dedication to meeting and exceeding each customers individual needs and requirements. Through the launch of 24×7 Road Side Assistance program, Hyundai aims to ensure uninterrupted journey for our customers across India and we are happy to partner with Mondial Assistance to launch this initiative. While, the i20 Fan club will help us reach out to the target audience in the digital space. The online interactions of the Fan Club will lead to better bonding between the customers and the company and exchange of ideas and suggestions which should help us engage the customers in a more interesting and meaningful way”.

The i20, is not just a car, it’s a phenomenon, a lifestyle, a way of life. Being a part of this club will be like a badge of honour for those who are trend-setters and make their own rules. The membership will be offered initially to all i20 customers and Initial benefits will include group activities like IPL parties, Drive-in movies, Free car washes, seminar on Road Safety, Road trips to keep the members of the Fan Club engaged and excited.

There would also be an exhibition of i20 accessories at all Hyundai dealerships through a tie-up with Mobis. All the members will be engaged through interesting schemes, discount offers, contests and a host of other special events. The fans of i20 will have something to look forward to, during the entire year.

For more than 11 years of its presence in India, Hyundai Motor has provided innovation, technology and unsurpassed customer satisfaction. The companys dedication to customer service, satisfaction and safety standards is unmatched in the industry. With the launch of such innovative customer-friendly initiatives, Hyundai is poised to transform the customer experience and forge a strong bonding with all its customers of i20.

My first suggestion would be,

Hyundai should give "Build your own i20" feature for its prospective customers.

1. Heated ORVM's / Seats/ Windows
2. DTE feature
3. TPMS
4. ESP
5. Height adjustable seat belts

and what not Hyundai removed from i20 for its Indian Version

So hyundai did not have a 24X7 RSA program yet ? How were breakdowns being handled, by calling the dealership where the car was purchased from ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 1677146)

2. DTE feature
3. TPMS
4. ESP

LOL. That will warrant a considerable price increase!

Why a club only for the i20? Other Hyundai customers shouldn't recieve step motherly treatement:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiku007 (Post 1677237)
Why a club only for the i20? Other Hyundai customers shouldn't recieve step motherly treatement:D

It's their cash-cow, the product that overshot sales projections by 200%!

But then the features they removed for the Indian version is a shame- for example, how much adding would DTE cost anyways? :Frustrati

^^^ If a present customer had a chance for upgrading it will add more than 3 Lakhs to the car.

The DTE itself cost more than Rs.30000/- INR., Rheostat control cost Rs. 580/- etc

If they add so many features they might end up a cost higher than jazz and with a on-road price nearing 9 -10 lakhs.
I wish they can give us build your I20 option to build cutomized i20.

Ubercool i20 Fan Club has a Trojan horse virus on a link.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1677399)
Ubercool i20 Fan Club has a Trojan horse virus on a link.

Kaspersky didnt detect any Trojan for me:p

What a beginning of the ubertrooper's !

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildon (Post 1677146)

2. DTE feature
3. TPMS
4. ESP

Can someone help me with what TPMS and ESP (Electronic stability???)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by windsurfer (Post 1679764)
Can someone help me with what TPMS and ESP (Electronic stability???)?

TPMS = Tire Pressure Monitoring System.
ESP = Electronic Stability Program.

Do they mean to say this roadside assistance service is free of charge? I mean obviously excluding any parts replacement or things like that, the service itself is not charged? Anyone have any experience?

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquidmetal99 (Post 2759577)
Do they mean to say this roadside assistance service is free of charge? I mean obviously excluding any parts replacement or things like that, the service itself is not charged? Anyone have any experience?

I have used their road Service couple of times in Chennai for my Santro.

Yes The service is very much charged and charged hefty. I think i paid 500/600 for just the visit.

Let me explain two scenarios:

Scenario 1: Car did not start:
Road Service Did some initial diagnosis and somehow made the car start. He made some touchup to the existing wiring (Rat bite) and told to drive to the service station. He charged 500.

Scenario 2: My car was rear ended and damaged real bad.
The Road service and I Used Brute force and removed a metal that was brushing against the wheel. The war was made somewhat driveable and i drove it with hazard light on to the nearest Service center. I was charged 500 for the visit.

Why it helps to pay this 500 is that this receipt helps you to get an Adhoc slot for service, without which you may have to book a slot and sometimes the booking waiting period runs into months. Secondly, They also "tow" the car if needed. Towing trucks quoted me 10,000 to two my car to the RTO for inslection and then to the service station.

Note: Even if you service the car at the same center that provided roadside assistance, the DO NOT adjust / return the moey against the sevice bill.