Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2010, 19:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

what is the BMW doing in the mid-size segment and why is the Fiat blank ?

cheers,
ac
Old 14th January 2010, 04:18   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
What is the midsize offering from BMW in India? There are 13 units of these sold in Dec '09 - do we have the 1 Series out? Don't find anything less than the 3 in their website?!!
And that too the sales figure shows numbers for last three months. Wondering which model it is.
Old 14th January 2010, 06:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Is Fiat in another slump? And with the Polo round the corner, that is not going to make it easier to recover. While GM and Hyundai seem to be moving from strength to strength.
Old 14th January 2010, 10:44   #34
BHPian

Even with so much negative words about Skoda in almost every automobile forum (online), their sedans keep sizzling on the sales chart !!
Old 14th January 2010, 11:32   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
Even with so much negative words about Skoda in almost every automobile forum (online), their sedans keep sizzling on the sales chart !!
Those hate flames are only in TeamBHP forum, my friend. I read only good things elsewhere.
Old 14th January 2010, 12:23   #36
BHPian

Can anyone pls list out the dec'09 sales for Altis Civic Laura Jetta and Cruze as i am not able to find out from the excel sheet?
Old 14th January 2010, 13:33   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
so is this the "Beat" effect.

Avenger
but how? The Beat was launched just last week! I hope bookings are not being treated as sales here!
Old 14th January 2010, 14:20   #38
BHPian

Beat

Quote:
but how? The Beat was launched just last week! I hope bookings are not being treated as sales here!
Not confirmed information but I heard that GM started selling/taking bookings for Beat in the last week on Dec'09 while the car was still not launched. They probably added those numbers as December sales.

Avenger
Old 14th January 2010, 14:48   #39
BHPian

Great work bringing us these figures Mr Vasudeva.

Missing GTO Comprehensive writeup though.

Are you listening Mr GTO?.
Old 14th January 2010, 15:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
Those hate flames are only in TeamBHP forum, my friend. I read only good things elsewhere.
If by elsewhere you mean publications, you couldn't be more misguided, my friend. People who don't even know about Team-BHP or that I'm on Team-BHP come to me for what-next advice after a couple of stressful years with their Czech lemon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
Not confirmed information but I heard that GM started selling/taking bookings for Beat in the last week on Dec'09 while the car was still not launched. They probably added those numbers as December sales.
True.
Old 15th January 2010, 00:07   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Can anyone pls list out the dec'09 sales for Altis Civic Laura Jetta and Cruze as i am not able to find out from the excel sheet?
It would be interesting to see cruze sales number as compared to laura and jetta. Has cruze already started showing a downwards trend or has it maintained it sales?
Old 15th January 2010, 10:01   #42
BHPian

Most car companies recognize a "sale" the moment they ship a car to the dealership. The car may not necessarily be sold to a customer and may end up in the dealer's stockyard. So all these sales figures do not always reflect the true customer activities. The true picture becomes clear only in Feb - March timeframe. Brands with excess inventories in dealers' stockyard will start discounting while the brands that really sold their cars to customers will stay firm with the price.
Old 15th January 2010, 21:12   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabynag View Post
Most car companies recognize a "sale" the moment they ship a car to the dealership. The car may not necessarily be sold to a customer and may end up in the dealer's stockyard. So all these sales figures do not always reflect the true customer activities. The true picture becomes clear only in Feb - March timeframe. Brands with excess inventories in dealers' stockyard will start discounting while the brands that really sold their cars to customers will stay firm with the price.
Dont think this would be the case. Remember if someone recognises the revenue based just on the booking and declares in his official figures, then it would correspondingly mean he has to remit Sales tax for these figures for these numbers. Dont think anyone would do that.
Old 15th January 2010, 22:06   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Dont think this would be the case. Remember if someone recognises the revenue based just on the booking and declares in his official figures, then it would correspondingly mean he has to remit Sales tax for these figures for these numbers. Dont think anyone would do that.
@Xingamazon: Sabynag is right, the car is invoiced to the dealer the moment it leaves the factory and the title passes on to the dealer. That's when the car maker recognizes the revenue. This is unlike consignment sales that you are probably referring to where the title stays with the car maker till it's sold.

This is based on what I learnt from a general reading up of financing arrangements between car makers and dealers.

Cheers,
Old 15th January 2010, 22:51   #45
BHPian

I reported on this site the registrations of Fiat in the world, this is the page on India:

Sales of Fiat cars in India
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks