Team-BHP - Skoda FSI Engine, More powerful Diesel engine, new VW/Audi Platform?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Skoda FSI Engine, More powerful Diesel engine, new VW/Audi Platform? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7348-skoda-fsi-engine-more-powerful-diesel-engine-new-vw-audi-platform.html)

Hi,

I've reading the threads on the Skoda Octavia and though the heart says go for the Rider 1.8TPi (i heard differering figures on FE), the gut says go for the 1.9TDi (rising fuel costs, resale value etc.).

I been reading about the new FSI engine that will increase the petrol engine FE to nearly 20kms/ltr and a higher powered diesel engine that raises the power to nearly 130bhp. I also read about the new VW/Audi based platform/chassis. Anyone able to comment on when this is likely to be launched? Jan 2006?

Last thing i want to do is to buy a 1.9TDi a few months before it is going to be obsoleted!

hey rangaraj welcome aboard

Can you tell us the source??

If the RS will give 20kmpl it will lose it speed and performance

Skoda is due for an update next year. If you can wait, then do so. The new octavia is bigger and more powerful(diesel). It should fulfil your hunger for power. I think in july a mag carried a short report on it as well. People anyone remeber which mag it was?

It was ACI, Octavia(New) 1.9TDI

The new petrol FSI will indeed give a better mileage than the current TPI but one would have to always fill in 95RON fuel for it to run fine so in the end it negates the efficiency to a certain extent.

Satyam.

In the new version/car launch Department, Skoda is amongst the least trusted brands. This owing to the eerrrr....uuuummmm ah yes the Fabia!! (Atleast I remember the name :p) delay has put a patch on the brand.

Will the new Octavia come to India; when; how much...I think all is speculation. Personally I love the car and would be amongst the probable buyers if the new model comes in :)

Well the indian magazines talked of the new chassis that was bigger for the next gen octavia, but most of the info. on engines was what i got off the net from models sold in other countries such as the UK. I guess it will take its time to come down here..

For you enthusiasts - do you have any quantitative figures of the difference that

a) ABS makes to breaking distance
b) The 1.8TPi and the RS have rear disk brakes whereas the diesel vehicles have drum brakes on the rear. Any difference in breaking noticed as a result? Or is it that drum/no ABS is adequate for diesel performance and they had to up it for the petroel vehicles?

Thanks in advance..

ranga raj

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangaraj

a) ABS makes to breaking distance
b) The 1.8TPi and the RS have rear disk brakes whereas the diesel vehicles have drum brakes on the rear. Any difference in breaking noticed as a result? Or is it that drum/no ABS is adequate for diesel performance and they had to up it for the petroel vehicles?

Obviously -the ABS/ 4 disc will be much superior. Reason for deletion of ABS on diesel was to keep petrol/diesel price parity