Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 19:22   #76
BHPian

WHY the BS4 is offered ONLY on Safari VX variant alone?? Meaning metro buyers must buy VX variant only from April 2010 when BS4 norm comes to force
Old 9th February 2010, 19:34   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
WHY the BS4 is offered ONLY on Safari VX variant alone?? Meaning metro buyers must buy VX variant only from April 2010 when BS4 norm comes to force
Perhaps they will introduce Lx, Ex and GX BS 4 once deadline approaches and it is absolutely mandatory that is when Lx,Ex and Gx customers start moving to competition.
The have no special reason to push untill there is a VFM BS4 variant at lower price point from competition , This is the peril of duo-poly.

This is one way to push the pricey variant to more consumers, I do not know why marketing department think this is good strategy remember mHwack engine was first introduced only on VLX scorpio leaving lower variant customers high and dry.

These kind of stratigies may seem to bring in few extra lakh per vehicle in immediate terms but mostly consumer is not fool and prefer to wait for few months thus it is just defering the sale.
Old 9th February 2010, 21:48   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Perhaps they will introduce Lx, Ex and GX BS 4 once deadline approaches and it is absolutely mandatory that is when Lx,Ex and Gx customers start moving to competition.
The have no special reason to push untill there is a VFM BS4 variant at lower price point from competition , This is the peril of duo-poly.

This is one way to push the pricey variant to more consumers, I do not know why marketing department think this is good strategy remember mHwack engine was first introduced only on VLX scorpio leaving lower variant customers high and dry.

These kind of stratigies may seem to bring in few extra lakh per vehicle in immediate terms but mostly consumer is not fool and prefer to wait for few months thus it is just defering the sale.

Sick business ethics. India is one country where all these kind of unethical practices are encouraged due to corrupt policy makers inefficient govt.
Old 10th February 2010, 10:03   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sick business ethics. India is one country where all these kind of unethical practices are encouraged due to corrupt policy makers inefficient govt.
I can understand your feelings, It may be sick but frankly I do not see anything unethical here though also situation can improve only if there is more competition rather then any thing on part of government , Actually it is not government's job to make manufacturers understand how to price variants and keep customers happy.

Customers always have a choice of not buying which will force them to rethink.

Last edited by amitk26 : 10th February 2010 at 10:04.
Old 11th February 2010, 16:39   #80
BHPian

Take it positively, instead of waiting until April for a BS4, Safari has one of its variant in BS4.
Old 12th February 2010, 10:27   #81
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

exactly my thoughts, they have atleast already introduced a variant with BS4 rather than waiting for Apr, they will introduce the rest also as they come close to exhausting the stocks of the current variant engine parts buildup.
Old 12th February 2010, 12:04   #82
BHPian

Quote:
I can understand your grudge against India but if you look around, all countries have similar policies so aren't any better either.

Maybe the so called developed nations have a halo around them but the reality is not much different from what we have in India.

Finally, Tata have already announced BS4 variant for all models and will continue to be released as production batches commence.
Old 12th February 2010, 12:09   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

@Harimakesh, If Tata had released only the lowest Safari model with BS-4, and not the the top end model, would you have called it Sicker ? or Would you have called it brilliant ?

I dont see any logic in your criticism.
Old 12th February 2010, 12:22   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Harimakesh, If Tata had released only the lowest Safari model with BS-4, and not the the top end model, would you have called it Sicker ? or Would you have called it brilliant ?

I dont see any logic in your criticism.
Did someone cross check with a dealer ? Should be a rumor about having only in VX version
Old 12th February 2010, 15:34   #85
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

We saw posted a price book excel sheet on one of the perious posts - which had only the VX in BS4 option.

But frankly we all know that by Apr all the variants will be available in BS4-

The worrying aspect has been that over time the safari has reached 14L OTR, for the VX 4X4 BS4 - Wonder where the Aria will slot if pegged a notch higher.
Old 12th February 2010, 18:06   #86
Senior - BHPian

Good point ACM, this is perhaps a very good clue that the top spec 4x4 Aria will hit the 15lac mark. Not exactly the attractive price that Tatas are usually associated with, but perhaps save the judgement till we get to see the final specs.
Old 12th February 2010, 18:20   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The worrying aspect has been that over time the safari has reached 14L OTR, for the VX 4X4 BS4 - Wonder where the Aria will slot if pegged a notch higher.
Actually, I am going ahead with VX 4X4 2010 version (BS4) with slightly over 14.7L OTR in Bangalore. I could get 20K + discount to keep it under 14.5L !

Prem.
Old 13th February 2010, 18:47   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh51 View Post
I can understand your grudge against India but if you look around, all countries have similar policies so aren't any better either.

Maybe the so called developed nations have a halo around them but the reality is not much different from what we have in India.

Finally, Tata have already announced BS4 variant for all models and will continue to be released as production batches commence.

I completely agree, there are many countries who are still operating on BS2 equivalant configuration, including South Africa

we are far ahead in regulating and really close to europe

I am only apprehensive about the governments readyness with BS4 fuel

its a good strategy to put BS4 in one variant also to test if it works fine
its difficult to address issues if they occur on mass scale, look at Toyota's recall
Old 13th February 2010, 18:52   #89
BHPian

in fact I will give big hands to both the Indian manufactures Tata & M & M for showing concern for envoirnment and introduce the BS4 before its mandated.

all foreign makers are awaiting the enforcement. I would call them sick
Old 13th February 2010, 20:29   #90
Senior - BHPian

It just clicked, TATA is releasing the highest VX model in April because they already have it in place and ready to roll, shipped to Spain and Italy. They sell only the VX 4x4 there, IIRC. therefore its a no brainer why only VX.

Most Viewed