Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 19:51   #16
BHPian

I personally love the fact that Fiesta does so much to keep itself in the buzz...they already have a great car, n all they need is to be in the news. When they see Dezires n Manzas n Lineas of the world, they know that all that is required is to get people to their showrooms once. N these offers do the same.
I remember i was always planning to take the Swift and one fine day i read the papers that Fiesta is coming for 5.4 lacs....The next thing i know was i called the dealer n took a TD. The rest, as they say, is history - The Fiesta is now my dream car and even though i have had to wait for about 6 months I will still take this beauty no matter what

PS - And personally i do not like the look of the new Fiesta posted here....the hatch looks better.
Old 15th January 2010, 19:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
From the original price of 7.25 lakhs, I remember seeing a limited edition 1.6 for 5.7 (or 5.8?). This kind of discounting kills the brand.
A whopping 20% discount from the initial launch & initial buyers resale would be very much affected.

Why were the prices & detailed models not published in their manufacturers website? Will it not make purchase decisions easier rather than making calls to dealers?
Old 15th January 2010, 21:31   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I've lost count of the number of limited edition Fiesta's! Heck, there are probably so many "limiteds" on the road, that a regular Fiesta is now rarer
you are exactly right. the regular ones are no more seen on roads. i got the new brochure & it has only 2 std. variants & 3/4 ltd. editions. good way to sell cars & i really like those alloys. they look superb compared to others.

but everything will come to an end one day & i hope ford understands that.
Old 16th January 2010, 17:33   #19
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Looking to replace my WagonR Duo (2006).

Test Drove the Special Edition Fiesta, i20 crdi and Dzire Zdi. In terms of overall rating, i would rate the Fiesta, i20 and then the Dzire.

Might put my money on the fiesta. Only nagging feel I have is that Fiesta might be replaced with a new fiesta.
Old 16th January 2010, 18:43   #20
oss
BHPian

Don't worry about the current Fiesta getting phased out. New Fiesta isn't coming in anytime soon. It is atleast another 10-15 months away.
Old 16th January 2010, 19:41   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am using a Fiesta TDCi borrowed from a friend and I feel it is a great car. Good VFM. I noticed that I rarely have to move to first gear in the city unless I come to a complete stop. The diesel has good torque and is very tractable.
Old 16th January 2010, 20:55   #22
BHPian

Price is good . I had enquired about this with the dealer . OTR mumbai is 6.67 lacs for Petrol Version.
Limited editions of fiesta however are not actually limited .
But very good VFM though.
Old 16th January 2010, 22:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Agreed such kind of stuff are good and no doubt Fiesta is one of the best cars available. I am personnally a avid lover of the car.

But not sure what Ford has in mind while making so many limited edition.

Can someone close to Ford provide why is it getting involved in such a strategy and despite all this its still not able to match with the numbers of ANHC. Is it a thing in run up to the Figo launch or something.

Actually what is happening is its eventually gonna dilute the brand qualities that consumer has in mind, for example one can anytime say what are the feature difference between a Maruti Vxi and Lxi for any model. That is what one has to target.

Last edited by xingamazon : 16th January 2010 at 22:53.
Old 18th January 2010, 12:02   #24
SCH
BHPian

The Petrol limited version Fiesta sucks. My colleague bought it in July 2009 and it is only giving average of 7 max to a liter.
Old 18th January 2010, 12:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCH View Post
The Petrol limited version Fiesta sucks. My colleague bought it in July 2009 and it is only giving average of 7 max to a liter.
And how did you conclude that its is the "Limited Edition" that needs to be blamed for that?
Old 18th January 2010, 13:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Guiys,

Ford isn't the only company going for Limited Editions. Even Maruti's, Mahindra's, Skoda's, Tata's have gone for Limited edition fever. This is the only strategy thats worked for these companies whenever their sales have missed the target. Ford is an exception since it has started bringing out Ltd editions without any reason whereas others have brought is normally around the festival time to boost sales. But there are motor affinicados who still buy the regular variants instead of going for these Ltd editions. Personally I would love to see a lot of Fiestas on road be it regular or limited edition ones. Cheers to the new year and hope to see more (un)limited cars.
Old 19th January 2010, 19:39   #27
BHPian

Is the limited edition a way to dump stocks to make space and open market for the new one? After all, if the new one is successful, who'll buy the leftover Fiestas of early make? As if it were selling like hot cakes as it is. But the new one looks good to me, kinda like the design shift from the NHC to the ANHC. The question is, when will come and will it come too late for the party? More importantly, will it keep the crown for handling? If yes, I'll be one to buy cos I for one never liked the dated looks of the current model in spite of loving the driving experience.
Old 20th January 2010, 06:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

It is true that all manufacturers bring out 'Limited' to boost sales--I saw a Limited Edition of the Sonata (not sure if it is Embera or Transform) today at Washington DC.

Nevertheless, GTO is right that Ford has brought too many limited editions, and price cuts have impacted the resale value of the car adversely.
Old 20th January 2010, 22:21   #29
BHPian

@vnabhi, rightly said.
Off topic: Since you're in W DC, can you tell us something about the Sonata versions sold there? Am really interested 'cos Sonata isn't sold well in India and the car is available in second hand market for dirt cheap, especially the Merc headlight merged looks versions.
Back to topic: And more than resale value being affected through a reduced price limited edition, I think previous customers would feel cheated on the expensive deal they got in the first place which kills a brand big time. Imagine me buying a car happily at 8 Lakhs only to find it sold after a year with LE tag for 7 Lakh. And BTW, aren't limited editions supposed to be with more oomph in them (powertrain, comfort etc) and more expensive? I fail to see why carmakers want to sail cars as commodity goods in year end sales are sold. Shortsighted eh? Last point, this limited edition puts me miles away from buying a Fiesta anytime soon (a vvvery serious contender in my list till now).
Old 22nd January 2010, 09:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Wing View Post
@vnabhi, rightly said.
Off topic: Since you're in W DC, can you tell us something about the Sonata versions sold there? Am really interested 'cos Sonata isn't sold well in India and the car is available in second hand market for dirt cheap, especially the Merc headlight merged looks versions.
Sure, will find out and let you know soon. I keep seeing at least 2 or 3 Sonatas in my daily walk of 15 minutes each to the office and back.

This apart, I was surprised to see many Vernas sporting the name of Accent. I've also seen a good number of Elantras---but not the lousy-looking ones we have in India, but something much better to look at.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks