Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2010, 11:11   #46
BHPian

What is the FE of the diesel? Is this car worth a thought?

The price seems tempting the only point that makes me this is the missing ABS and airbags.
Old 8th August 2010, 15:16   #47
BHPian

^^ 1.4 duratorq is known to give a FE somewhere around 14-15 in City and 18-19 on Highways !
Old 8th August 2010, 18:00   #48
BHPian

the diesel limited version is not available in ncr. when inquired at ambala dealership, they said they can't bill it to an ncr address.
Old 9th August 2010, 08:06   #49
Senior - BHPian

There has been ads by Ford regarding the Limited editions of Fiesta for 5.9 lakhs in Mumbai but only in petrol engines. Ford has this strange ways of offering Diesel to Southern India states and Petrol editions to Western & Nothern India states for reasons best known to Ford India only.

Anyways, limited or regular the beast is delight to ride coupled with superb handling, fantastic engine, its a VFM in its segment IMO.
Old 9th August 2010, 23:42   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
There has been ads by Ford regarding the Limited editions of Fiesta for 5.9 lakhs in Mumbai but only in petrol engines. Ford has this strange ways of offering Diesel to Southern India states and Petrol editions to Western & Nothern India states for reasons best known to Ford India only.

Anyways, limited or regular the beast is delight to ride coupled with superb handling, fantastic engine, its a VFM in its segment IMO.
I fail to understand the logic behind this! Why ford is not selling Limited edition TDCI in north
Old 10th August 2010, 14:56   #51
BHPian

This offer has got me interested.

At 7.67 L On road, a (drivers) diesel sedan seems to be an interesting proposition. No discounts are offered on the limited edition. I would be able to save some on the no-claims bonus.

Lots of threads say that a new Fiesta is on its way, do we have any official news on that front?

I also have a concern if the low power would be a problem.

Need views from my fellow bhpians on this one
Old 10th August 2010, 16:19   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
I fail to understand the logic behind this! Why ford is not selling Limited edition TDCI in north
Maybe in N.India, Ford found diesels to be selling better and petrols less so. So Petrol LE.

Trend in S.India may be reverse. Hence Diesel LEs here.

My assumptions though, since LEs are a means of pushing up sales numbers for slow-moving models

Last edited by WindRide : 10th August 2010 at 16:20.
Old 10th August 2010, 16:38   #53
Senior - BHPian

Saw an ad again for the fiesta "unlimited edition" in HT yesterday. Why cant ford just rationalise the prices across the range?
Old 10th August 2010, 23:46   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
When can we have these?
When the design becomes old, and no longer attractive - Ford launches 'India' tailored versions only when the next generation of the same vehicle is available to the rest of the world. E.g., Ikon, Fiesta (current), Figo

So, when is the next gen Fiesta launching elsewhere?
Old 16th August 2010, 07:56   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Saw an ad again for the fiesta "unlimited edition" in HT yesterday. Why cant ford just rationalise the prices across the range?
The ads have been regularly being seen in the leading newspapers almost on daily basis. IMO Ford thinks rationalising the prices would not be a solution since the new facelift version is bound to come in a few months time. Best way is to keep the Fiestas off the shelf with these sweeteners. Come the festive season, the demand is going to be there for something more in the same base price. Its a win win for Ford.
Old 16th August 2010, 14:13   #56
BHPian

Expect Fiesta prices to take a dip with the aggressively priced VW Vento petrol in the horizon.

Wonder what will happen to these LEs then?
Old 16th August 2010, 16:31   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I've lost count of the number of limited edition Fiesta's! Heck, there are probably so many "limiteds" on the road, that a regular Fiesta is now rarer

Good way to boost sales numbers, but it would be best for Ford to price the car right from day one. From the original price of 7.25 lakhs, I remember seeing a limited edition 1.6 for 5.7 (or 5.8?). This kind of discounting kills the brand.
I agree with GTO. Ford is making a joke of the limited edition business. This time it is 1 lakh Fiesta's on the road celebration. They better offer things they offer in so called Limited edition, on standard edtions and check if that makes any business sense. I understand that each company reserves the right to release as many "Limited Editions" as possible but still going over the top with such marketing gimmicks does not put the company in good light.

Last edited by vikrantj : 16th August 2010 at 16:32.
Old 16th August 2010, 17:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

I guess this is to boost up the sagging sales figure of Fiesta. Price cuts limited edition are last resort to pep up sales of model which is at end of its product lifecycle.

Ford hopes to just hang on to the current generation of the Fiesta till early 2011 when they will be launching the new Fiesta. The new fiesta hatch is just fantastic and is already the best seller in UK and many European markets.
Old 30th August 2010, 21:36   #59
BHPian

Is the fiesta LE a good deal at the current price? This is around 7.5 lakhs OTR right now. We already have a fiesta tdci and i know that it's a damn good driver's car and gives pretty good mileage.
Now my cousin is looking for a new car and the fiesta is on his radar especially because of the bargain/VFM nature of the price. He uses an ikon now and hence his inclination for Fiesta.However there are persistent rumours that the car is going to be discontinued or going to be positioned downwards in the near future?.
He is going to use the car for atleast 5 years.
Old 31st August 2010, 07:42   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Is the fiesta LE a good deal at the current price? This is around 7.5 lakhs OTR right now. We already have a fiesta tdci and i know that it's a damn good driver's car and gives pretty good mileage.
Now my cousin is looking for a new car and the fiesta is on his radar especially because of the bargain/VFM nature of the price. He uses an ikon now and hence his inclination for Fiesta.However there are persistent rumours that the car is going to be discontinued or going to be positioned downwards in the near future?.
He is going to use the car for atleast 5 years.
Is the price you mentioned for the Diesel Limited Edition in Chennai? The petrol LE sells in Mumbai for approx around 6.5L. Going by your experience I guess you cousin will be more inclined to have the beast in his armoury.

The car although would not be discontinued would be postioned as an entry level car in the segment till the facelift happens somewhere in 2011. I think it will be postioned in the 10L ish bracket competing with City.

But if the car is to be kept for 5 years then you cousin should go for the Fiesta considering that it is a total VFM buy. All the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks