Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2010, 21:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Limited Edition Ford Fiesta 2010

Fiesta Limited Edition 2010. The Time is Now.

The 2010 Limited Edition gives you a whole new reason to celebrate in this new year. Loaded with features at an unmatched price, the Limited Edition Fiesta makes available a performance sedan well within your reach.

New Features
  • MP3 player with 4 speakers
  • Driver seat height adjust
  • Premium Interiors with soft feel fabric
  • Map reading lamp & Rear reading lamp
  • Metallic finish Facia & interior trim (door handles / steering wheel cuffs)
  • Body colored OSRVM, Door handles, mirror & tailgate

Driving pleasure - Standard on every Ford Fiesta

Propelled by the proven Dura Technology, this machine is designed to deliver maximum thrust with minimal thirst. The Fiesta’s 1.6 litre Duratec engine with best in class acceleration will send you racing from 0-100 kmph in just 11.43 seconds and the advanced 1.4 litre Duratorq Diesel engine offers superior mileage. Engineered for Indian roads, the Fiesta combines exceptional driving comfort with high stability. Independent McPherson struts suspension cushions you from the harshest of roads, letting you enjoy what you will love the most- driving the Fiesta flat out.

The 1.6 Duratec petrol 2010 Limited Edition is available in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane, New Delhi / NCR region, Kolkatta, Guwahati and Tinsukhia while the 1.4 Duratorq diesel 2010 Limited Edition will be available in the rest-of-India.

Prices : (Ex-Showroom)
Rs.5.63 Lacs for 1.6 Duratec
Rs.6.49 Lacs for 1.4 Duratorq

Ford - Fiesta Limited Edition 2010. The Time is Now.- Click Here for more Information
Old 14th January 2010, 21:09   #2
BHPian

Ford does it again. Another limited edition Fiesta. Its also not clear which variant this limited edition is based on.

Quote:
The 1.6 Duratec petrol 2010 Limited Edition is available in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane, New Delhi / NCR region, Kolkatta, Guwahati and Tinsukhia while the 1.4 Duratorq diesel 2010 Limited Edition will be available in the rest-of-India.
Does this mean the rest of India would not get the Petrol version and vice versa?
Old 14th January 2010, 21:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why is it so when the Fiesta is manufactured at Chennai?
Old 14th January 2010, 22:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Every time Ford realizes the Fiesta ain't selling in good numbers, they release a limited edition! Even back in Oct-Nov 2009 they had released a similar 'limited' edition.
Old 15th January 2010, 07:59   #5
BHPian

i think it is based on the exi version. No ABS on this one..
Old 15th January 2010, 09:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

I thought 'driver seat height adjustment' was available in the Fiesta already, as it is a such a common feature. Or, is this the 'limited edition' for the lower end Fiesta?
Old 15th January 2010, 11:41   #7
BHPian

Again this is just a marketing gimmick. They come up with "Limited Edition" Fiestas once in 2-3 months and try to lure people with some additional features or changes which are very miniscule and already there. Anyways Ford is not complaining as long as it sells those fiestas. But what about the customers????
Old 15th January 2010, 12:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

Old wine in new bottle, EXI model based "limited" relaunched for the third time at a lower price. Come on Ford, you can do much better then this. When can we have these?
Attached Thumbnails
Limited Edition Ford Fiesta 2010-fordfiesta_sedan_2010_1024x768_wallpaper_01.jpg  

Limited Edition Ford Fiesta 2010-fordfiesta_sedan_2010_1024x768_wallpaper_03.jpg  

Limited Edition Ford Fiesta 2010-fordfocus_sedan_2011_1024x768_wallpaper_02.jpg  

Limited Edition Ford Fiesta 2010-fordfocus_sedan_2011_1024x768_wallpaper_06.jpg  

Old 15th January 2010, 12:16   #9
BHPian

This version _does not_ have ABS. Looks like an EXI special edition.Overall good VFM. It's sad that the Fiesta needs limited editions to sell. Such a wonderful car.. Why don't they just upgrade the EXI to these versions and sell as standard, the increase in volumes would easily give them better profit margins.
The current fiesta is one of the best things to have ever happened to
Indian roads and Indian drivers. The 1.6 Duratec is a dream come true.
The new fiesta looks too (Linea)R . Hope it comes out fast and improves on the current one. They will sure release it with a new name instead of phasing out the current Fiesta.

Last edited by rpmx1000 : 15th January 2010 at 12:17.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:26   #10
Senior - BHPian

1.6 Duratec is already there in EXI version.
SXI and S variants followed by ZXI was there most selling variants.
EXI variant (base model) not picked by customers hence they might have decided to give an upgradation (calling LIMITED) to boost sale of this variant at par with other variants.

+
We already had some discussion about this Limited Edition in the other Fiesta Thread

Last edited by nairrk : 15th January 2010 at 12:34. Reason: correction
Old 15th January 2010, 12:28   #11
Senior - BHPian

Whenever there is Limited Edition in Fiesta they make

Exi ~ Zxi (Exi equivalent to Zxi)

and

Zxi ~ Sxi (Zxi equivalent to Sxi)

and result greater sale. Good Technique to increase sales.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:42   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
1.6 Duratec is already there in EXI version.
SXI and S variants followed by ZXI was there most selling variants.
EXI variant (base model) not picked by customers hence they might have decided to give an upgradation (calling LIMITED) to boost sale of this variant at par with other variants.

+
We already had some discussion about this Limited Edition in the other Fiesta Thread
Nair saab, how are you? AFAIK from dealer reports, I think the EXI diesel is the most selling, maybe petrol EXI does not sell all that much! I'll see you on the fiesta thread.I have a lot of updates with my 1.6 ZXI Limited (Dec 2009) but not finding enough time for a good writeup. Yet to start my ownership thread..
Old 15th January 2010, 12:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Nair saab, how are you? AFAIK from dealer reports, I think the EXI diesel is the most selling, maybe petrol EXI does not sell all that much! I'll see you on the fiesta thread.I have a lot of updates with my 1.6 ZXI Limited (Dec 2009) but not finding enough time for a good writeup. Yet to start my ownership thread..
+
Thanks, it is time to give your ownership experience.
So take some time out of your busy schedule and start writing a nice review about your experience with your beauty
Old 15th January 2010, 13:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

The new limited edition Fiesta released by Ford is for the Exi model as confirmed by a resource of my dealer. Bouyed by the fact that Ford was able to sell more Limted edition given the Indian consumer mentality in the past couple of months they decided to continue the trend till Figo comes up in March. The joke doing round in Ford Dealers is that each variant will be given Ltd edition face lift once in every four months so that all the four Fiesta variants see a facelift atleast thrice this year. As long as the Fiesta owners list increase why worry. Isn't it "More the Merrier"
Old 15th January 2010, 19:33   #15
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I've lost count of the number of limited edition Fiesta's! Heck, there are probably so many "limiteds" on the road, that a regular Fiesta is now rarer

Good way to boost sales numbers, but it would be best for Ford to price the car right from day one. From the original price of 7.25 lakhs, I remember seeing a limited edition 1.6 for 5.7 (or 5.8?). This kind of discounting kills the brand.

Most Viewed