Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 09:21   #61
BHPian

My list is:
1. No dead pedal in Fiesta
2. A-Pillar blinds a bit on driver side in Fiesta
3. Bonnet opener clip on opposite of driver side
4. I dont know how many of you have faced this problem but in my fiesta and i10 sometimes my feet touch the steering rod which is above brake pedal. (BTW this has never happened with me in my M800)
5. No inner covering in bonnet of fiesta
Old 22nd January 2010, 09:27   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
In fact, Civic has a single lever, if you press it, the fuel lid is opened and if you pull it, then it opens the boot.

I don't see any reason why all the manufactures can't do it.

Fiesta has a boot opener on the dashboard and fuel lid opener near the door,now thats thats easy to distinguish which is where.
Old 22nd January 2010, 20:41   #63
MDe
BHPian

I find the gear stick in an uncomfortable position in the Santro. Specifically in the 2nd and the 4th gears, the stick is too far back for comfortable shift. They have thankfully sorted it by placing the gear on the extended console for i10.
Old 23rd January 2010, 12:48   #64
BHPian

I hate the Scorpio's designers for making the rear doors - a part of the mud-guard. You'll only realize the difficulty when washing the vehicle. Almost every other vehicle has a layer of steel in between.
Old 23rd January 2010, 13:24   #65
BHPian

My list of annoyances with the Swift Vxi

1. Fuel Lid Opener and Boot Opener are too closely positioned. In the dark, tough to sight them even with the cabin light switched on. At least they could've been backlit!

2. Door pockets not deep enough - can only hold rolled up newspaper/parking tickets/cleaning cloth. Could have been better designed.

3. In the Vxi/Lxi, if you go in for a 1-Din HU, there's this ugly empty slot. This is a blackhole - what goes in, can't come out!

4. Stock wipers inadequate. Replace it every year.

5. Dead Pedal would have been good - can live without it though.

6. Lumbar support would've really helped. I get a slight lower back ache after 2 hrs of driving in the traffic.

7. Panel gaps. The sheer amount of leaves/twigs/debris that slip into the engine compartment/near the boot hinges is amazing!

8. Horrible rubber beading on doors. Look bad. Sag after 3 yrs.

9. Front power window switches are not well positioned. The hand naturally falls to the rear switches.

Last edited by d_himan : 23rd January 2010 at 13:25.
Old 24th January 2010, 13:30   #66

Thing which annoys me most is the fact that not many cars have seat height adjuster (even in the highest model). This sounds an easy thing to implement but not sure why is something like this which is so common sense, is mising in many cars.

Another thing which annoys me most is very few cars have hand rest for driver on left side (especially in cars under 10-12 lacs). Linea I guess is the only exception but I am not too sure. This is again a very small thing which can add a lot of value in terms of comfort for drivers (especially on long routes!!)
Old 25th January 2010, 18:57   #67
VEA
BHPian

Seat belt height adjustment. I think this is a must on all cars. I had trouble with my innova which didn't have height adjustment for the seat belts. 11 lakhs spend immediately became a pain on my left shoulder. the belt is pretty rough too, first time i used it i had bruises. It played a big part in my decision to tell the vehicle prematurely, which otherwise is a brilliant one. In future I wont buy a car without seat belt height adjustment.
Old 25th January 2010, 20:00   #68
BHPian

My three cents

Fiat Linea

1. Boot switch is on the dashboard with an illuminated logo of a car on it with it's proximity to the co-passengers seat. Kids find it lucrative than any other button on the dash. It is annoying to get out of the car to close the boot. I had to do this 3-4 times in mush traffic. :(

2. Can't find the keyhole when it's dark. Why Fiat? Why? Couldn't you throw a ring of light around the keyhole?

3. The emergency fuel opener thread (the one inside the boot) is too thin and weak and to top it all it's black in colour. It almost camouflages with the fabric inside the boot making it harder to spot. Pulling it vigourously will make the user feel that the thingy will just snap.

Mitsubishi Pajero

1. The key is stupidly long and is not the desmodronic foldable key you get with premium cars. It's an old school key with a large bomb detonator (car remote) dangling separately on it. I've had sore thumbs trying to press the buttons and make it work for a change. I've also had the key drill holes in my front jeans pockets. C'mon Mitsu... You can't give a better key for a 25 lac SUV?

2. The Kenwood music system is hilarious. It can't absord shock on tardy roads. It will almost jam the CD on a bumpy ride.

3. Side step is way too small and inward. You can't wear monster mouthed woodland shoes and try to step on the side step. You will have your shoe stuck there for life.

Skoda Laura

1. The world knows this Czec stomper does not have an AC that works. That's why they have the sun-roof which leaks when closed. For chrissakes!!! Why Skoda? Why? Have you forgotten that you are selling your hot bakeries in one of the hottest places on Earth?

2. What's that noise? I would appreciate the silence and the moon light if the engine stops grunting on idle and pollute the silence in the cabin. C'mon where's the better insulation thing? Are you running low on rubber? I guess it shows on your Turanza fit tyres on the wheels. Couldn't you put better insulation and better tyres on this fat lady?

3. Legroom at the rear. Wheelchairs for the handicapped have better leg room!!! If 3 folks sit behind they feel cramped and handicapped for sure.
Old 27th January 2010, 14:17   #69
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if this is Off Topic, but I know this thread will surely have some people with the info I am looking for.

How good are the door speakers of Ford Endeavor? A friend of mine gave me 4 of them. If they are reasonably good, I would want to put in one of my cars.
Attached Thumbnails
A must read for Car Manufacturers/Designer's - Little things that annoy you.-dsc00038.jpg  

A must read for Car Manufacturers/Designer's - Little things that annoy you.-dsc00047.jpg  

A must read for Car Manufacturers/Designer's - Little things that annoy you.-dsc00048.jpg  

A must read for Car Manufacturers/Designer's - Little things that annoy you.-dsc00049.jpg  

Old 27th January 2010, 16:44   #70
BHPian

Mine

Dzire...

1. No cup holders/ bottle holders infront
2. Poor OEM music system
3. No rear demisters !!! even on a 6.6 lac car !! aaargh !!!
4. No dead pedal
5. Rough hard gear knob

Fiesta

1. Wiper stalks on the right
2. NO dead pedal
3. small seat squab infront difficult for big people like me
4. Indicators in the inner side of the headlamp

Last edited by Dippy : 28th January 2010 at 09:46. Reason: Post edited: Please use a maximum of two smilies per post. Thanks.
Old 27th January 2010, 20:48   #71
BHPian

A few things that tick me of in my Zen:-
  1. Seatbelt. It tends to get stuck when i am pulling it to secure myself. There was a time when it was left hanging and it would not retract back!
  2. The middle left AC vent. I insert a car freshner there. Every now and then the weight tends to pull down the vents as well. That makes me paranoid as i can feel loss of cold air!
  3. No tacho!!! On a 2002 Zen AX! You gotta be kidding me.
  4. No indicator on HUD telling me which gear option i am in. I know i can live without it, but it would be nice to see the P-R-N-D LEDs displayed there.
Well thats about the design flaws that i find in the Zen. there must be more, but i have not noticed them!
Old 27th January 2010, 22:40   #72
Senior - BHPian

Swift/Dzire- absence of electric ORVMs ( even Estilo has 'em )
Spark- absence of tachometer ( even 40 thou rupees bikes have 'em ).

These are the only hatchbacks I find appealing among the present available lot, besides Nano .
Old 28th January 2010, 00:52   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DileepKS View Post
The Fiesta ashtray is, in fact, removable.

I don't smoke, and I don't allow smoking in my car, so I had no use for the ashtray. Today I just checked it and found that the ash tray proper is removable.

The ash tray and lighter socket is behind a small door in front of the gear lever. The door is push to open. When you open it, the socket is on the right and the ash tray is on the left. You can just grab the ashtray and lift it up.
That is in the older model, like in mine. The new model does not have that small door. Not sure about the removability of the ashtry in the new model though.
Old 28th January 2010, 02:29   #74
BHPian

Stock wipers in Hyundai Santro are real bad. They start screeching within a few months. Cup holders are very poorly designed, just can't use it - what were they thinking!
Old 28th January 2010, 16:14   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunilM View Post
Stock wipers in Hyundai Santro are real bad. They start screeching within a few months. Cup holders are very poorly designed, just can't use it - what were they thinking!
+1 to that.
Also - no tacho on many hatchbacks!!!!

Most Viewed