re: Volkswagen’s Phaeton launching in March @ 75 lakhs

The Phaeton is an engineers dream but a marketing nightmare brand wise
Old 18th July 2012, 20:43   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
No idea, and the launch of the S300, and hefty discounts on the 7
What are the current discounts on the 7 and S?
Old 18th July 2012, 21:54   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
What are the current discounts on the 7 and S?
Almost 8 - 10L on 7, 5+ on S350CDI, last time I heard. From the dealer end, so might depend on state/ city and dealership. S350L-E240 might be in a better position to give a more exact answer.
Old 5th August 2012, 23:41   #64
BHPian

VW has launched the new Phaeton. Was on the website today and check this out:

New Phaeton < Models < Welcome to Volkswagen India

The above says 'New' Phaeton. I checked out the new brochure and some points based on memory:

- New engine type.
- The old brochure had only one variant of the Phaeton for sale in India. The new brochure highlights three variants for the Phaeton.

Last edited by IndianGuardian : 6th August 2012 at 00:01.
Old 6th August 2012, 00:20   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianGuardian View Post

New Phaeton < Models < Welcome to Volkswagen India

The above says 'New' Phaeton. I checked out the new brochure and some points based on memory:

- The old brochure had only one variant of the Phaeton for sale in India. The new brochure highlights three variants for the Phaeton.
Brochure? I happened to see no brochure! Would you please share the brochure download link, Thanks!
Old 6th August 2012, 00:27   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Brochure? I happened to see no brochure! Would you please share the brochure download link, Thanks!
You can download the brochure from here:

Download e-Brochure < Shopping Tools < Welcome to Volkswagen India

If memory serves me right, Phaeton was earlier available only in the Petrol variant. It now has a diesel engine.
Old 7th March 2014, 11:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen is planning a new Phaeton in future, based on the MLB platform, will be "class leading" & “very smooth & luxurious” to drive. VW development chief Heinz-Jakob Neusser has said -

Quote:
a replacement for the Phaeton was important as it acted as a technology flagship for the VW brand and allowed advanced systems to be put into production, with lessons then applied to getting that technology into its more mainstream models at an affordable price.
More details here:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ge...olkswagen-line
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 09:37   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

I had never heard of a car called Phaeton from VW. Few days back I saw one on Outer Ring Road Marathahalli, Bangalore. Came here and searched and sure enough, there was a thread on it. The car was an MH registration.

Today saw the same car but with a KA05MR registration (Pretty sure it is the same car because of the color, the location where I spotted and the fact that KA05MR is a new registration).

I assume the re registration would have cost a bomb. Did not look unique in any way, but from what I read here, must be an enthusiast delight and so difficult to let go that the owner was willing to pay the high road tax and re register.

Or maybe the resale value was so pathetic that it did not make sense to sell?
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 22:39   #69
Team-BHP Support

VW will be launching their next big saloon called the Phideon tomorrow.
Dont know much more, I think it will be totally electric
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 23:21   #70
BHPian

Volkswagen’s Phaeton(Rs75lakhs) launching in March

I think the intention of making a car such as Phaeton was for those wealthy buyers who like an understated look and didn't feel like flaunting their wealth. It pretty much looks like a slightly bigger Passat but has amenities and space like an S class, I believe. Worldwide the car has had mixed response. While it was fairly well received in Europe, it failed miserably in badge conscious USA. There was some doubt about the future viability of this product line, I thought I read recently somewhere that this car has been killed off.
The buyer in Bangalore probably was one of those uber wealthy clients who didn't want to proclaim his wealth I guess.

Last edited by pamiboy : 29th February 2016 at 23:23.
Old 29th February 2016, 23:52   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The buyer in Bangalore probably was one of those uber wealthy clients who didn't want to proclaim his wealth I guess.
Its a stealth wealth car for sure. But its easier to maintain a white elephant than a Phaeton. This is one car which hardly sells, the company doesn't make a profit yet they still are persistent with this product.

The best part is, this is "THE" car to buy in used market for the depreciation is so high you will have enough cash balance to manage this car for another 10 years. It was rated actually as the best used car for 6 times less price that the new one. Not joking, for example in used market and in ebay there are cars for 11K USD This is by far the cheapest luxury car one can buy.

If you are one who says, i dont want, bentley, i dont want S series, i dont want the BMW 7 and yet i have enough cash to burn and buy something as luxurious as those above. VW Phaeton is the answer. And you can keep burning the cash throughout its life for its not a reliable car over the years.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 09:25   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Fortunately, for the shareholders of the company, you are not in charge of pricing.

You cant just DEMAND unreasonable pricing according to your wishes! The Phaeton is a competitor to the A8, S class and the 7 series. Why in the world would they price it at E class levels?
I totally disagree, I mean look at the car, Look at the brand. VW doesn't appeal even to villagers as luxury brand in India. I can bet that even if you have that kind of money you wouldnt even be thinking about this car for that price tag. No wonder VW is not doing any numbers in cars higher than 25 lakh. beetle and tuareg, a big failure in India.
Old 8th July 2019, 07:58   #73
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen’s Phaeton launching in March @ 75 lakhs

Spotted this from afar and I thought "hmmmm, that's an interesting Passat". As I got closer to it, realised its the mighty Phaeton. Cars presence on the road is comparable to a humble Skoda Superb's.

Might be an ex-VW company car going by the MH14 plates. Two gals were enjoying their Sunday drive in it.

Volkswagen’s Phaeton launching in March @ 75 lakhs-20190707-12.54.37.jpg
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks