Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2013, 22:49   #76
BHPian

Re: Old car sold, new owner refusing to transfer ownership

It is very sad that Mohit thinks that a beautiful machine like a car could ruin his life. However it is not important now as there is some other matter.

I am worried that if Mohit approaches the woman, she may get scared on seeing a new person in the deal and not buy the car.
Old 13th July 2013, 05:29   #77
BHPian

There is a website by Govt Of India, vahan.nic.com. But the online checking facility for the registration details is not available since long time. many good initiatives by the government are not working due to some people whose interests are hurt by these initiatives.This site may have been victim of these people.
indigo74 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 21:32   #78
BHPian

I am buying a 2nd hand 2 wheeler which has KA 41 registration. Can I do the name transfer at KA 05 RTO? or should I do the name transfer from the same RTO only ?
Old 19th March 2014, 21:40   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I am buying a 2nd hand 2 wheeler which has KA 41 registration. Can I do the name transfer at KA 05 RTO? or should I do the name transfer from the same RTO only ?
You can get the name transfer any where till such time you are able to prove that the area will be your place of residency.

I don't think there will be any issue with the transfer. Visit the local website of the RTO office of the area, prepare the documents and go ahead with the transfer.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2014, 21:44   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You will have to get a NOC/Clearance Certificate from KA 41 RTO and then submit to KA 05 RTO along with other documents needed. (Note: WhenI was doing a transfer for the car I sold recently, someone told me that Clearance Certificate is not needed for 2 wheelers. But I think it is needed).

In my case the new owner was in KA01 area and the car was registered in KA05. Although I went through an agent, I had to go and sign in front of the RTO officer before he issued the clearance certificate since he had some doubts. So I felt KA05 RTO was a little strict and followed processes seriously

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 19th March 2014 at 21:48. Reason: more content
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 07:48   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
You will have to get a NOC/Clearance Certificate from KA 41 RTO and then submit to KA 05 RTO along with other documents needed. (Note: WhenI was doing a transfer for the car I sold recently, someone told me that Clearance Certificate is not needed for 2 wheelers. But I think it is needed).

In my case the new owner was in KA01 area and the car was registered in KA05. Although I went through an agent, I had to go and sign in front of the RTO officer before he issued the clearance certificate since he had some doubts. So I felt KA05 RTO was a little strict and followed processes seriously
I purchased a used Stunner last year and transferred the registration address from Ka-03 to Ka-53. No need of any NOC. The registration plate stays the same but registered in the new RTO. NOC is only needed when transferring vehicles interstate, not within the state. The transfer within RTO's within the state is done internally and no document is required. It does take about 3-4 weeks though for the new RC card to be issued in the new name and with the new address.

Prajwal
prajwalkashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 09:05   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
No need of any NOC. The registration plate stays the same but registered in the new RTO. NOC is only needed when transferring vehicles interstate, not within the state. The transfer within RTO's within the state is done internally and no document is required.
Prajwal,

Are you sure about this? Coz this is not the case in Maharashtra RTO atleast. For transfers within the same RTO jurisdiction, no NOC is required but for transfers to other RTO jurisdction NOC document is required along with the other transfer papers. This is based on my recent experience at Thane RTO for transferring the ownership of my friends Activa. For my earlier Santro sale, I had to get the NOC from MH04 Thane RTO for transfer to Navi Mumbai RTO MH43.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 11:00   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Prajwal,

Are you sure about this? Coz this is not the case in Maharashtra RTO atleast. For transfers within the same RTO jurisdiction, no NOC is required but for transfers to other RTO jurisdction NOC document is required along with the other transfer papers. This is based on my recent experience at Thane RTO for transferring the ownership of my friends Activa. For my earlier Santro sale, I had to get the NOC from MH04 Thane RTO for transfer to Navi Mumbai RTO MH43.
@Ghodlur, I could be wrong for cases in other states. I am not aware of norms in other states. But this is what I know of Karnataka and I have purchased 2 used vehicles so far. I think they should make this norm centralized instead of each state behaving like a separate country.

Prajwal
prajwalkashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 12:05   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
I purchased a used Stunner last year and transferred the registration address from Ka-03 to Ka-53. No need of any NOC. The registration plate stays the same but registered in the new RTO. NOC is only needed when transferring vehicles interstate, not within the state. The transfer within RTO's within the state is done internally and no document is required. It does take about 3-4 weeks though for the new RC card to be issued in the new name and with the new address.

Prajwal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Prajwal,

Reconfirmed this. Clearance Certificate is not needed for 2 wheelers, but is needed for 4 wheelers for transfer from one RTO to another within the same state

http://rto.kar.nic.in/cc-issucss.html

How seriously this is implemented I am not sure. But at least in my case, I had to personally go to the KA05 RTO, sign in front of the RTO officer before he signed on the clearance certificate to enable transfer to new owner in KA01 RTO. Apparently the Officer was not convinced if it was a genuine request and asked the agent to bring me there.
The registration number does not change.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 20th March 2014 at 12:06. Reason: Additional content
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 22:36   #85
BHPian

Thanks folks. I am planning to go on my own. I reside with in the KA05 area hence i can prove my residence proof. Good to know that the seller also will be required to come to sign for the name transfer. I will inform about this as it might take away half a day of his working day.
Old 20th March 2014, 22:58   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks folks. I am planning to go on my own. I reside with in the KA05 area hence i can prove my residence proof. Good to know that the seller also will be required to come to sign for the name transfer. I will inform about this as it might take away half a day of his working day.
Typically as long as you get the sellers sign in all needed documents, the seller need not come to the rto. Mine was a one off case.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2014, 23:09   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Yes, this is the right procedure. I recently purchased a second hand Nano in the KA 03 regn area. Went to RTO Indira Nagar the very next day and applied for the clearance certificate. The CC goes by post to the seller of the car. You have to take the CC to the new RTO (KA 51) where I am residing and apply for transfer of ownership.I was told that the CC would be sent in 30-35 days (there was an agent who told me it would be done in 1-2 days if I go via him and pay him Rs 1800) - I applied on 4th Feb and till now the seller has not received the CC.
Bluestallion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 05:26   #88
BHPian

We sold our Hyundai Santro to a small time dealer (These guys were posing as individuals but later they spilled the beans) in Tanjaore who paid us cash and took the car from Chennai. Its been three months and they haven't done the change of ownership yet.
They keep giving lame reasons like buyer is in hospital,buyer has gone abroad , they will change ownership after insurance expires etc.
As per my knowledge, the RTO won't make an ownership change without valid insurance. I called them and their lame excuses irritated me which made me shout at the top of my voice. I threatened to file(for not changing ownership) a case if ownership change is not done within 15 days time. The other person insists that as my dad has signed transfer papers , we can't file a case.
Later, the buyer called my dad and it seems that he has misunderstood that we were threatening to file a theft case instead of a case for not transferring ownership. He has asked for another 2 months' time again giving lame excuses like two tyres need to be changed as they have burst( I sold the car stating its condition honestly), they can't turn a profit etc.He also claims that I was talking nonsense.
Now how do I take it forward?Can a case be filed for not initiating ownership transfer?
Old 9th June 2016, 07:47   #89
Senior - BHPian

I am in a similar situation. I have sold my car few days back and although the new owner has promised to change ownership, it's still not been initiated on his part. I have given him a week's time,failing which I've warned him that I'll intimate the RTO.

I've got the form 29,30 signed in originals, and his aadhar card copy. What else do I need to submit?
Old 28th June 2016, 08:57   #90
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 29th June 2016 at 10:31.
Wheeliej is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks