Team-BHP - Toyota Corolla Altis CNG
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Toyota Corolla Altis CNG (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/73967-toyota-corolla-altis-cng.html)

Wondering if folks have any additional info on this segment bender? Previously, the most luxurious "officially" CNG powered car was the Chevrolet Optra 1.6L CNG. I own one of the first sold (currently for sale) and have loved every penny I've saved from its use.

Toyota seems to have taken the game a level higher by launching the Corolla Altis CNG, clearly in a segment above the Optra.

I'm looking for more details than what Toyota Bharat has on their website.

Specs in CNG, Warranty, On Road Price, Average on either fuel etc. would be quite informative.

Is this the one you are looking for ?

Check out with the local dealers. They must have got the details by now.

No availability so far, enquired last saturday only. Spoke to Sales GM for the same, It's on the cards but till when the card will be shown off.. no one knows !!

Quote:

Is this the one you are looking for ?

Check out with the local dealers. They must have got the details by now.
Did that in Bangalore CNG version is available only in Delhi

WOW!!!
It's news to me. I will check with Pune dealer. I want to convert my Altis on CNG, not sure if they will help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Screwdriva (Post 1691855)
Wondering if folks have any additional info on this segment bender? Previously, the most luxurious "officially" CNG powered car was the Chevrolet Optra 1.6L CNg.

what about CEDIA. Isin't that also a factory fitted CNG one class above the Optra.

Nope. Lancer has a LPG kit, though both have sequential injection.

I would consider the Lancer in the same class as the Optra but that's just my opinion.

Don't see why existing Altis owners can't convert their cars to CNG as well?

There is a CEDIA 'dual fuel' model. Now Im wondering if that was LPG or CNG. :ZZZ:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower (Post 1692927)
There is a CEDIA 'dual fuel' model. Now Im wondering if that was LPG or CNG. :ZZZ:

It was LPG. Not sure if its available now, but earlier it was. It failed to boost sales.
The power was lowered to around 100 bhp IIRC and FE in petrol mode was also lower than normal car.

I had call with DSK. This car is not launched. It will be available in Delhi only.
It may come to Pune in April.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1692985)
It was LPG. Not sure if its available now, but earlier it was. It failed to boost sales.
The power was lowered to around 100 bhp IIRC and FE in petrol mode was also lower than normal car.

+1 to that.

One of my colleagues had bought the LPG Cedia. It was called the Cedia Spirit LPG, IIRC. The sequential Injection worked wonders on that car, there was very less to no power loss when running on LPG. Mileage however was atleast a km less than when running petrol.

i have no particular knowledge about cng. the tank capacity is 12 kgs. how much can the car run on 1kg. and is 12 kg enough?

basically what's the mileage like in cng run carsplease: and what are the prices of CNG these days!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caramelo (Post 1693912)
i have no particular knowledge about cng. the tank capacity is 12 kgs. how much can the car run on 1kg. and is 12 kg enough?

basically what's the mileage like in cng run carsplease: and what are the prices of CNG these days!

It varies from car to car. In case of large engines ( by Indian standards ), you can expect 18-20. With good driving it can go to even 22-23 km/kg. So in case of 12 kg cylinder, expect around 250 kms.
A lot depends on driving style and conditions. Varies very much.
The figure I have given is approximate.
I have seen cars where they have installed two cylinders in Esteem, Baleno, Optra, etc. So have a longer range. Though this is not recommended, people do install two cylinders and for longer range and then use the car in city mainly.

Price of CNG is less than Rs. 28 I think. Not sure of exact prices.

Nice move by Toyota. It will surely be a hit with the taxi crowd, a client group that is fond of the Altis anyways.

Somehow, I could never figure out why CNG hasn't clicked as much with personal users. I mean, we are a nation obsessed with fuel efficiency and low running costs right? Nothing beats the economy of CNG. Related thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1694811)
Somehow, I could never figure out why CNG hasn't clicked as much with personal users. I mean, we are a nation obsessed with fuel efficiency and low running costs right? Nothing beats the economy of CNG. Related thread

Also, nothing beats the queues at CNG filling stations, especially in Delhi. Try this at anytime of the day.

On a different note, when I could consider CNG on Toyota Corolla, it was not available on an OEM basis. Now, when my 3 year warranty is expiring (in Mar 2010), I do not need a CNG (drive only 600-700 km/month).