Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2011, 08:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Andhra Pradesh : Increase of 'Lifetime Tax' from 9% to 12%?

The days of 9% were long one. It is now 12% and 14.5% for first and second vehicles (4 wheelers) respectively.

Now the Transport Dept proposes to increase this by 30 - 40 %.

The government spending on major roads has been stagnant or reduced.

Most of the major roads have been turned to BOT basis. Unfortunately, not all such roads do not merit expansion.
Old 9th September 2011, 09:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantmohan View Post
i heard something similar from the volkswagen guy. He said it's gonna be 18% in a couple of months.
I don't think so. Simply because SIAM as a lobby won't let that happen. You can only milk a cow so much. I think beyond a certain point, it will have a slow down effect on the sector. As it Auto Sector growth is kind of stabilising now, any further taxes will blow a death knell to it.

Cheers
Old 9th September 2011, 11:34   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Does anybody has an idea about the road tax rate applicable for 2.5 years old vehicle getting transferred to Hyderabad (from other state)? Thanks.
Old 9th September 2011, 11:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Does anybody has an idea about the road tax rate applicable for 2.5 years old vehicle getting transferred to Hyderabad (from other state)? Thanks.
Well it used to be 7% when the life tax was 9%. With the change in taxes, this should have gone up. This is the old link Welcome To TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRAPRADESH - INDIA

Please confirm from RTO for the exact rate now.

Cheers
Old 22nd September 2012, 08:51   #35
BHPian

Another increase ? or another plan ? - from 'The Hindu' - "Life taxes on vehicles set to be hiked"

Quote:
Authorities are now planning to increase the life tax of
two-wheelers costing more than Rs. 50,000 by one per cent and
by two per cent for four-wheelers priced above Rs. 10 lakh.
The reason cited made me ROFL
Quote:
Given the poor sales of automobiles since last one year and rising fuel costs, the revenue collection has been affected adversely. Hence the hike in life tax was mooted, explained another official.
- so that the sales can further go down and 'necessitate' another hike.

Quote:
Dealers apprehensive

However, automobile dealers in the city are apprehensive about the move. The vehicle sales are not encouraging and a tax hike now could affect the sales further, felt P.T. Chowdhary, Chairman A.P. Motor Vehicles Dealers Association. The vehicle sellers look for Dasara-Diwali season during which vehicle purchases peak. But a hike in life tax at this junction could mean yet another poor season for dealers, he adds.
Old 22nd September 2012, 09:47   #36
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Guys enjoy. the rates in AP are low.

In Karnataka cars below 10L attract 15.4% and those above 10 L attract 18.87% lifetime tax

As against this rates in AP are less. I think Karnataka is having highest road tax in the country with worst roads. In both the areas it is number One in the country
Old 22nd September 2012, 10:40   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Guys enjoy. the rates in AP are low.

In Karnataka cars below 10L attract 15.4% and those above 10 L attract 18.87% lifetime tax

As against this rates in AP are less. I think Karnataka is having highest road tax in the country with worst roads. In both the areas it is number One in the country
AP is definitly lower than Karnataka for now.

Current Rates :-

2 wheelers - 9 % [as against 10% & 12%(>50000) in Karnataka]
4 wheelers - 12 % & 14 % (>10 lakhs) [as against 13%(<5 Lakhs), 14%(5-10 Lakhs), 17% (10-20 Lakhs) & 18% (>20 Lakhs) in Karnataka)

The roads are pretty much the same in AP as well. It is only the cities that are maintained for luring investments.

With the increase, AP will be within one percent difference of Karnataka. Cannot stay No One for long. People are working hard to reach there !
Old 22nd September 2012, 19:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

Both AP Karnataka are the greediest states and device new ways to milk its citizens. It's not taxation. It is plain extortion.
Old 22nd September 2012, 19:30   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

How is the refund scene here? Any one claimed yet? Last time I checked (2010), they refused flatly that there is any such thing as a refund!
Old 23rd March 2013, 11:11   #40
BHPian

While discussing about Yeti, Sokda Dealer in Hyderabad was mentioning that Road tax may be hiked by 4% from 1st April. He mentioned his sources as Times of India. I have not seen this news anywhere. Can someone confirm if this is true. Though I have seen one for Chandigarh

Already we are paying one of the highest @ 14%. With this proposed hike, government seems to be keen on converting everyone to Metro without it operational yet

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks