Team-BHP - Mercedes Benz launches the E250 V6 petrol and E250 CDI Blue Efficiency in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mercedes Benz launches the E250 V6 petrol and E250 CDI Blue Efficiency in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/73982-mercedes-benz-launches-e250-v6-petrol-e250-cdi-blue-efficiency-india.html)

After launching the new E Class last year with 350 petrol and 350 CDI powerplants, Mercedes launched two new engine variants for the new E Class in India the E250 V6 petrol and the E250 CDI (Blue Efficiency). Unlike the earlier models which came in the Avantgarde trim, the new models will come with the 'Elegance trim levels.

Highlights of the E250 variants:

E250 petrol:
E250 CDI Blue Efficiency:
Other features:
Prices: Ex Showroom Mumbai

E250 V6 petrol: 41.13 Lakhs
E250 CDI BE: 39.87 Lakhs

Mercedes Benz launches the E250 V6 petrol and E250 CDI Blue Efficiency in India-pic-2.jpg

Mercedes Benz launches the E250 V6 petrol and E250 CDI Blue Efficiency in India-pic-3.jpg

201 bhp, 500nm torque! :Shockked: Man I could live on that all my life :D What a monster and NA too.

At that price, its superb! Did you get to take it for a spin?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1692296)
[*]Drowsiness detection system – ATTENTION ASSIST

does this mean that the car will detect if the driver is not 100% alert?

Those are awesome prices !! The E250 CDI is about 3L more than the 520d (36.9L IIRC). Of course they're not direct competitors but the 530d Highline's a good bit more expensive though you can get discounts on it.

By the way, the chrome strip on the front bumper lip looks absolutely horrid. Even the Mahindra sabre tooth is more acceptable. Lose the excessive chrome, Mercedes.

Quote:

Other features:
  • Drowsiness detection system – ATTENTION ASSIST

I feel this feature is not of much need because by default the drive should be alert while driving.I am sure in India many will not care to this assist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS (Post 1692795)
I feel this feature is not of much need because by default the drive should be alert while driving.I am sure in India many will not care to this assist.

I can definitely conclude that something like this will have a lot of utility in a place like USA where long roadtrips are very monotonous, and the worst of accidents are caused by people dozing off at the wheel. Believe me, it might sound ridiculous, but having done a 2900km roadtrip there last year, I know it can happen. The driving environment does that to you.

201 BHP, 500 Nm torque at as low as 1600-1800rpm.

IIRC GTO had posted pic of blue efficiency engine from expo.
they already got blue efficiency engine here! After tough competition from other German Luxury brand, MERC is aggressive on Indian operations i believe.

waiting to see a detailed report!

regarding ATTENTION ASSIST, it is a very good feature indeed.i remember my friend dozing off while going on long drive in lonely roads of Australia! Not sure how suitable it is in india. in india the pot holes and Haphazard on coming traffic make sure that you dont sleep!

500NM from the 250CDI is amazing considering the fact that the 350CDI makes 540NM and the 520D makes 350NM.

Saw the car last evening at the opening of the New Mercedes Dealership (Shaman Mercedes) at Kalina. The car looked good and i liked the multi spoke wheel design it comes with. This car with its priceing and the Power of 200 BHP and 500 NM torque is a sure winner at the hands. Paying almost 14 lakhs more for 40 Nm torque in the 350 cdi is very steep. I think i shall take this over the 350 cdi.

Just beware, am hearing things about the Blue Efficiency fuel injector problems

In India or outside ajmat? The cars just got launched here.

Mercedes still wants to use the old 2.5 V6 engine:Frustrati instead of the newer 4 pot E250 CGI petrol engine which has much better performance figures (204 HP, 310 NM).

Quote:

Highlights of the E250 variants:

E250 petrol:
  • 6-cylinder 2497cc engine
  • 204 BHP, 245Nm of torque
  • 7G-TRONIC transmission
  • New-design 17” alloys

Who cares about its petrol engine! How many Indians will buy a petrol E-class! Its the 250 cdi which is gonna rock the sales charts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by canonball (Post 1693259)
In India or outside ajmat? The cars just got launched here.

UK - google "mercedes blue efficiency injectors" and you'll see a lot!

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 1693130)
500NM from the 250CDI is amazing considering the fact that the 350CDI makes 540NM

Definitely!

Comparing the two, the E350 CDI has :
- Additional 40Nm of torque
- 30 BHP more
- ~0.8 of a liter more displacement (not 1 liter more as the name would suggest)

What are the other changes (interios and exterior) between the E250CDI and E350CDI ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by neeld (Post 1693293)
Mercedes still wants to use the old 2.5 V6 engine:Frustrati instead of the newer 4 pot E250 CGI petrol engine which has much better performance figures (204 HP, 310 NM).

I think you can blame fuel quality here for that, rather than Mercedes.

cya
R