Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 18:55   #61
BHPian

I think the 3 lakh car would be the ahoj
Doesnt look too great im posting a link to their website
Skoda Concepts Cars - Ahoj - home
Old 10th November 2009, 23:37   #62
Senior - BHPian

Axe77, you said petrols are more exciting to drive. I beg to differ here. Diesels are becoming increasingly exciting to drive. I drove a friend's pete'd diesel octavia. Boy o' boy, it flies.
Old 11th November 2009, 10:13   #63
Senior - BHPian

SKODA = 3 Lakh for car and 3 lakh for repairs = A trouble-free 5 year of ownership
Old 11th November 2009, 14:04   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Well, thats we have discussed in the similar thread.

After looting to 30,000 indian customers (poor octavians), skoda is now putting the real price of Octavia. (in the range of ANHC, SX4, Fiesta, linea etc.).

I do not think you can even compare prices of ANHC with the rest of the lot.ANHC is priceless. The only other thing that comes is its (over)price bracket is a Uranium mine.

Consider the ROI it gives. I think they are going to include a ANHC tax rebate as well in the revamped tax structure !!!

Back to Skoda, well given that VW is gaining momentum as a semi-luxury brand in india, a demarkation between their locally ill-reputed and poor-mans-car-in-rest-of-the-world products is a business necessity. I too have my eyes on them but I'd hate to see them becoming the Skoda of the new age. Good thing is , in a utopian future when a$$ of skoda far superceeds that of Hyundai and Maruti it may become an affordable option to a lot.
Old 12th November 2009, 12:52   #65
Senior - BHPian

Skoda better alter prices.

I think the Laura's should be priced lesser atleast by 2 - 3 laks for all their models.They just don't offer any value for money,now that the cruze is here.As for the Octavia's,It is only logical that this model now should be priced at 9-10 Lakhs.Why did people ever buy it when it was priced still at 12-13 laks I have no clue
Old 12th November 2009, 13:29   #66
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
I think the Laura's should be priced lesser atleast by 2 - 3 laks for all their models.They just don't offer any value for money,now that the cruze is here.As for the Octavia's,It is only logical that this model now should be priced at 9-10 Lakhs.Why did people ever buy it when it was priced still at 12-13 laks I have no clue
The Features of the Laura are even today not matched by the Cruz and nor is the ride. The DSG Auto, the Xenon Lights, the driver seat is not just powered it is a memory seat. That remembers the positions of upto 3 drivers and that too not just for the seats but also for the side mirrors. The Music system has 12 speakers and sounds the best in class.

The list is actually endless, so though the cruz is undoubtedly very VFM, the Laura addresses a different segment, Infact at the time of launch itself the only model available was within 1L of the accord V6 and 1L more expensive then the 2.4 accord then and still sold, the customers who buy the Laura diesels many not that may not exactly go for the cruz right away. The newly introduced Laura petrol of course has lesser features and competes with the civic and altis and in time with the cruz petrol. Time will tell.
Old 12th November 2009, 17:14   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaglaGoru View Post
VW is gaining momentum as a semi-luxury brand in india, a demarkation between their locally ill-reputed and poor-mans-car-in-rest-of-the-world products is a business necessity. to a lot.
who told u VW is the poor mans car around the world? if you think vw is the poor man's ride then what u say about hyundai & suzuki around the world
VW engines win awards almost every year, they now own Porsche, they make exceptional cars, VW is repected the world over, pls dont spread rubbish info unless proven,
cheers..
Old 12th November 2009, 17:23   #68
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

VW WAS the common mans car (NOT THE POOR MANS CAR) when it came out with the beetle first. In time it has occupied the mid segment and is no longer the poor mans car. Actually today the cheaper brand on a global scale are India and Chinese brands, followed by the Koreans (Hyundai, kia and co.) and Suzuki from jap, followed by the Americans and some eurpoeans like Ford, GM, Renault, Peugeot, etc, followed by the Japs Toyota & Honda (not Suzuki), and German VW, and lastly at the top you have the germans Merc, audi, BMW, and British Jag, LR etc.
Old 12th November 2009, 18:47   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans View Post
I think the 3 lakh car would be the ahoj
Doesnt look too great im posting a link to their website
Skoda Concepts Cars - Ahoj - home
Look at the Joyster, it looks nice, this is what should come to India.
Old 12th November 2009, 22:02   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
VW WAS the common mans car (NOT THE POOR MANS CAR) when it came out with the beetle first. In time it has occupied the mid segment and is no longer the poor mans car. Actually today the cheaper brand on a global scale are India and Chinese brands, followed by the Koreans (Hyundai, kia and co.) and Suzuki from jap, followed by the Americans and some eurpoeans like Ford, GM, Renault, Peugeot, etc, followed by the Japs Toyota & Honda (not Suzuki), and German VW, and lastly at the top you have the germans Merc, audi, BMW, and British Jag, LR etc.
Thats right bro, dunno why people talk rubbish here at times if VW is a poor man's car then honda, toyota, hyundai which are cheaper to own and service around the world is considered beggar's cars
Old 13th November 2009, 03:14   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The Features of the Laura are even today not matched by the Cruz and nor is the ride. The DSG Auto, the Xenon Lights, the driver seat is not just powered it is a memory seat. That remembers the positions of upto 3 drivers and that too not just for the seats but also for the side mirrors. The Music system has 12 speakers and sounds the best in class.
My bad, I shouldn't have included the Laura L&K, that is infact(theoretically)is in a totally different segment but the lower versions on Skoda seem a bit too pricey. I say this mainly because they use the outdated PD engines which is quite inefficient(in terms of noise and mileage) compared to the CRdi engines plus they don't have many other features that are there in the L&K like touch screen,xenons etc.They've even reduced safety features in these models.
Old 21st January 2010, 14:23   #72
BHPian

Skoda Planning to Reposition the product lineup

Hi,

Today, there was an article on Time of India Goa Edition (Article/News Source Attched). Skoda is planning to Price Octavia in the 7.5 -10L range where as Fabia will be priced 7-10% less then VW Polo (4-5L Range) that means Now fabia will be available @ 3.72 - 4.60L.

Current Skoda Octavia/Fabia owner's will be at a Loss. Instant resale price reduced

I feel ARAI should set some rule to price the product as per the Features/Quality/Safety.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Planning to Reposition the product lineup-p1010261_updated.jpg  

Old 21st January 2010, 14:39   #73
BHPian

Hi

Skoda Octavia will be a good buy i gues if its within 10 L Range
Old 21st January 2010, 14:53   #74
BHPian

Oops!!

yes, the resale value of these cars will go for a toss, not that they already have due to poor A*S*S.
Skoda is like kid brother for VW in the european market so this was expected. Now if they can improve their A*S*S, they will have MSIL, GM, Ford, HMIL etc etc worried because their cars are good.
Old 21st January 2010, 15:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

i doubt it. They are considering a Polo Sedan which would be in 6-8L Market. If at all they bring Octy down, i guess it should be probably 8.5-10L range.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks