Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2005, 22:49   #31
Senior - BHPian

The Japanese are at it again! For God's sake, the city was launched a year or year and a half back and they are already changing the looks! These cosmetic grille, head lamp, tail lamp changes are really getting irritating. When will these Jap's and koreans stop!!?!
Old 11th September 2005, 22:53   #32
Senior - BHPian

Since everyone still calls the Honda city, New Honda City (NHC), will the newer city be called NNHC for New New Honda City? Maybe we should have a poll to determine what we should call the NHC after the new, errr newer city is launched....this is getting confusing!
Old 11th September 2005, 23:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Japanese are at it again!
Main reason for the change is that the car has many parts from Thailand where the new look had to be hit since the cars looks didnot go well with the looks.

My citys fuse box had ABS written in it and on the Air filter it was written Made in Thailand.

Check out hondacity4u.com
Old 19th September 2005, 08:53   #34
BANNED

I've talked with Ring road honda delhi they said me they don't have any information on new facelifted model they willing to say it's false . anyone have some more info ?

Old 19th September 2005, 17:48   #35

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well guys the day is very near wen a new nhc will soon be seen in showrooms.i was driving along the greater noida expressway when i came along this white honda city unmasked,all the details visibly clear.....it was lookin b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.it had the same design as shown in various car mags.the rear was lookin better...the rear bumper was smaller and sleeker unlike the previous bulbous shape.and liked the rear taillamp treatment with the lights extending on the boot as well..the front had an additional chrome grill apart from the chrome lip that the current nhc has.bigger honda logos,nice front fog lamps...and sweet alloys and somehow it looked a little lower o me...maybe my imagination but it was anyday lookin better than the current nhc.....it was lookin sleek like a jet about to take off and cos of the rear bumper it was lookin better proportioned.also it wasnt a vtec.after while the city stopped and i stopped too...when i enquired the guy told me that production had started ,some new colours wud be launched and also that it wud be launched somewhere around or after diwali as honda planned to sell of their existing nhc and clear the lot with the offers that r given during diwali....so anybody planning to buy the nhc on diwali...plz wait or ul miss out....

Last edited by hellspawn : 19th September 2005 at 17:51.
Old 19th September 2005, 21:14   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hey Hellspawn,
Great find there.I have 4 things going on in mind after reading this :
1.) Im just a little doubtful of that not being a Vtec engined NHC.Maybe the dealer did not want to reveal the identity???
2) The current NHC is doing really well in its league with great sales etc.Why do they need to revamp it and launch a replacement??
3) Maybe its a limited edition NHC.
4) Or maybe,Honda know that this car might hold up better sales,if they change the exterior look.This being one the the primary reason for the NHC not doing roaring business.

I dont know what it is,but its a sort of teaser move by Honda.Will have to wait and watch.

X
Old 19th September 2005, 22:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why do they need to revamp it and launch a replacement??
THe City was not admired in Thailand so Honda did a facelift! Since most parts are sourced from there they had to do this move!

Quote:
Maybe its a limited edition NHC.
This is not Maruti or TATA! LOL.
Old 20th September 2005, 11:15   #38

@busa:very well answered and well dude how can u leave out maruti,if u go by the number of facelifts they hav done to their cars & christened them NEW......well honda is way behind LOL
Old 20th September 2005, 11:22   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine
Hey Hellspawn,
Great find there.I have 4 things going on in mind after reading this :
1.) Im just a little doubtful of that not being a Vtec engined NHC.Maybe the dealer did not want to reveal the identity??

X
well cant say anythin bout that but just imagine this:the top most model of honda city touches 8lac and even more in the rest of the cities......honda plans to launch the civic with a vtec engine and the price range wud start from 8-10lacs. if honda plonks a vtec in the city ,its price wud easily increase by 50,000-80,000(est.) and the ex-showroom price will easily cross 9lac.for 9lacs the nhc is not VFM,ppl wud rather opt for a civic or an optra.so it wud start eating into civic sales or the civic wud eat up the vtec citys sale....so i think for a long time the vtec nhc wud not bless our roads.hope this sounds logical everybody....am i thinkin right .
Old 20th September 2005, 17:52   #40
BHPian

I guess the Civic is the one to wait for...we may not see the NHC Vtec in India...
Old 24th September 2005, 22:28   #41
Senior - BHPian

some info regarding NHC VTEC

car will come out during/after diwali

car is wider & longer than current NHC
engine is supposed to be 1900cc & there is already a rumor doing rounds that this car will beat OHC VTEC
it will also come with wider tyres

there are some tests going on with the engine
the interiors are still being worked on

the guy told me that this car can be called as "mini accord"
by which I think he ment to say that it will be a car placed between City & Accord

IMO car looks much better than NHC

Last edited by adya33 : 24th September 2005 at 22:32.
Old 24th September 2005, 23:14   #42
BHPian

man - those tail lamps look hot !!!!!
hey adya - thanks for the info - my uncle's planning to replace his accent and he is thinking about the NEW^2 HONDA CITY - probably V-tec - if its launched by diwali
good find buddy.
Old 24th September 2005, 23:57   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
engine is supposed to be 1900cc & there is already a rumor doing rounds that this car will beat OHC VTEC it will also come with wider tyres
Woooooooooow Shantanu, GTO, AJMAT, WOlf, jigarmuni are you listening!
Old 25th September 2005, 00:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
engine is supposed to be 1900cc & there is already a rumor doing rounds that this car will beat OHC VTEC

by which I think he ment to say that it will be a car placed between City & Accord
I think you and your source are getting mixed up with CIVIC with CITY. The Civic will have a 1800 not 1900cc engine with iVTEC and is slotted inbetween City and Accord.

City is just a refresh and will retain its 1500 cc displacement with an optional VTEC head.
Old 25th September 2005, 19:28   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
car will come out during/after diwali

IMO car looks much better than NHC
Check out this!

http://www.hondacity4u.com/en/index.html

No chance of a 1900cc for India! There is no City with 1900cc, its the Civic with 1800cc or 2000cc!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks