Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2005, 21:47   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Haha it sucks! Single exhaust instead of dual tips, alloys that look like the wheelcaps on the Accent and Santro, and only 100bhp! Disgrace to the Vtec name...
hmmm...my thoughts are pretty similar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
But...final verdict only after the test-drive.
my thoughts exactly...! the site says the car is still undergoing homologation; so perhaps the final specs could be a little different..or is honda playing it safe, to contend with the fuel prices?? but if so, i don't see the point, as a F.E conscious buyer would only go in for the i-dsi instead of the vtec...but maybe honda is trying to bring in the best of both worlds...

anyways- the OHC vtec was like the rd- or the esteem; legendary, and when launched, set the benchmark for others to follow- quite another matter that no one has been able to live upto those expectations as yet...

i say- screw the F.E and detuning (except for the high C.R and knock-sensing; indian petrol can't be fed to high C.R blocks- rework the exhaust and cat. for better breathing and increased power..), and give us 106, if not 110 horses, honda- trust me, we indians won't bite you for it...

p.s- perhaps, the NHC vtec might actually manage to match it's predecessor, even with a 6 bhp and 100 kg handicap; the i-dsi, despite suffering from a 13 bhp handicap, managed to live upto the OHC 1.3...so, you never know...
Old 13th October 2005, 21:52   #92
BHPian

No ABS/EBD, no airbags. Vtec tag alone to cost +84k (Mumbai) over GXi. Not worth even a test drive...
Old 13th October 2005, 22:11   #93
Senior - BHPian

VETC or no VTEC, ultimately what matters is the 0-100kph timing.

It has to beat 9.8 secs of the OHC to earn respect. Keep in mind it lugging another 100kg of body weight.
Old 14th October 2005, 09:26   #94
Senior - BHPian

It is out in today's Business Standard. There is an upward revision in prices. Plus two more variants, the ZX and the VTEC I think. Awesome. It is finally here. I am still going through the site. Rushed through the newspaper in the morning.

Edit1: The ZX is the VTEC?

Edit2: Hmmmm ... http://www.hondacarindia.com/city/pe...ifications.asp

Someone please clarify. Anyway, the car looks good and that VTEC will send quite a few pulses racing. Welcome back.

Last edited by typeOnegative : 14th October 2005 at 09:31.
Old 14th October 2005, 11:57   #95
BANNED

Honda h've giveN ZX name to all their model's like-
City ZX VTEC :
City ZX CVT
City ZX GXi :
City ZX EXi
Old 14th October 2005, 12:09   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Yup i guess all the city models have got the added cosmetics. Damn i wish i had waited...
With the Vtech being prices at 8.40lacs in mumbai makes it around 80k more exp than the GXi which is not a bad deal at all considering the OHC vtec was more exp. The best part abt the ZX is the fog lamps and lip spoiler intergration. Neat job, must say its made this ugly car look alot better.
I dont understand y honda doesnt give importance to handling when it comes to the vtec! giving 100 hores shod on those tiny 175 tyres is just not enuf even for the normal GXi and with the vtec the tyre size still remains unchanged! Any1 have the 0 to 100 figures yet?

Last edited by Sahil : 14th October 2005 at 12:13.
Old 14th October 2005, 12:53   #97
BANNED

Has anyboby checked showroom , or their any waiting period ?
Old 14th October 2005, 19:12   #98
Senior - BHPian

Hey I just saw a news report in the local newspapers here with pic on the launch of the Zx VTEC in New Delhi...
Old 14th October 2005, 20:27   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
Revvmaster
Thank's a lot for telling us in advance abt launch
Anytime pal. Those in the know are aware that launch news from me will always be more or less accurate. Glad it happened just that way.

Revv
Old 14th October 2005, 20:30   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Any1 have the 0 to 100 figures yet?
Early days Sahil don't u think. 100hp means new figures are required. The one with the full monty power won't make sense. But give or take half to 3/4th a second to 100. What matters though now is whether this baby is fast around a track as well. In a matter of time mags will come out with figures. So let's see whether it really is even half a shirt worth of all the hype and hoopla.

Revv
Old 14th October 2005, 21:43   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
Has anyboby checked showroom , or their any waiting period ?
Honda dealers in Mumbai say the new car will hit the showrooms for display early next week..
And according to one salesman at Ichibaan Honda,the expected wait time would be around 1-3 months,depending on which model we book and which colour.

sr
Old 14th October 2005, 22:10   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msprabhakar
No ABS/EBD, no airbags. Vtec tag alone to cost +84k (Mumbai) over GXi.
You bet,they should have provided ABS as standard and Airbags as optional..
Also,the 175 rubber on the VTEC should have been atleast 195,and on 15 inchers.
One good interiors change they have done is provide 1DIN MP3 Alpine as Standard across the GXi and GXi CVT,and a 2 DIN MP3/Cassette Alpine Player standard on the VTEC.
Otherwise,interiors remain the same..
I guess without ABS/SRS Airbags,No diesel option,and low powered non-VTEC versions,the Ford Fiesta might attract many many more customers...especially with their DURA engine.

sr
Old 15th October 2005, 05:58   #103

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

finally the new city is here with the vtec.looks have tremendouly increased...what say?looks more classy and elegant and for rs.7,99,280 in delhi its an absolute hoot.and i thought the interiors cud hv nt been made any better......wen r the cars gonna b available in the showroom.....cant wait to tk a test ride.missed out on the last vtec....hope to get my hands on this one though.and honda has introduced new colours also.....ford?check n mate....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks