Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2005, 11:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
It is a safety feature to prevent kids from putting their hands out of the windows while the car is in motion. This of course works better abroad where kids are put into child seats at the back.
it is not a safety feature.the palio rear glass dosent roll down completely because of the door design.palio dosent have a rear door quater glass like most small cars so the whole window is very big which cannot fit into the door when completely rolled down.so it rolls down only that much which will fit in the door cavity(i:e the space before the door curves inwards towards the bottom).

it rolls down about 50%.dosent make much difference since the window is larger than most other cars.
Old 18th February 2007, 01:20   #17
BHPian

used palio d in blr

hi folks,

one of my friend is planning to buy a used Palio D at Bangalore. Would be thankful to you guys, if you can throw some light on the fair price that can offered for a 2004 palio d elx with 30k on the odo.

thanks.

Regards,
Karthik.
Old 18th February 2007, 08:47   #18
BHPian

india car reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Hi,
I was looking for a pre-owned Palio-D and approached a POC guy here, He has got a Palio-D ELX with 29K on Odo and the model is of 2003.
He was asking for 4L for this model and I think I should try it to negotiate upto 3.5L.
Could you guys Please let me know whether this is a good deal! what could be the right price for this model?
What are the things I should check for before I go ahead for the deal!!
Shall I have some mechanic to check this car before I go ahead?
thanks in advance.
Ketan

indiacar.com had an article on buying used cars. You will find some tips there w.r.t what are common problems in Palio and what are the parts that could go wrong.
Old 18th February 2007, 09:06   #19
BHPian

Hi Ketan,

Please dont go for it. My in laws have a palio diesel 2003 ELX and it is plagued by few problems.

1) Constant resetting of fuel pump. Costs 6-9k each time
2) Low ground clearance. Had twice been overhauled and once the gear box casing changed after the car lost all engine oil when they went over a speedbreaker which was too high.
3) Very high cost of spares. Compared to these a Hyundai Accent's spares are very cheap
4) Electronic gimmeckery: fly by wire throttle sensor failed once and no showroom was having a stock ( in Bangalore and Coimbatore). Car was grounder for 6 weeks

I have to say that my in laws usage is very high and over some bad roads too. Nevertheless they never faced these problems with their other diesel cars

My Advice: Go for a Swift diesel LDI or an used Accent CRDI

Also, my colleague bought a Fiat Palio D EL in December 2006 for a whopping discount of 70K ( 4.5L on road) from Javali motors delivered from Hubli I guess. So even if you decide to go for it you should not pay more than 3-3.2L
Old 18th February 2007, 10:15   #20
BHPian

Guys, Ketan wanted to buy that car in 2005 and now its only 2007....
Old 18th February 2007, 10:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand View Post
Guys, Ketan wanted to buy that car in 2005 and now its only 2007....

Scroll up a bit and you will see this request:

Quote:
hi folks,

one of my friend is planning to buy a used Palio D at Bangalore. Would be thankful to you guys, if you can throw some light on the fair price that can offered for a 2004 palio d elx with 30k on the odo.

thanks.

Regards,
Karthik.
18th Feb 2007
Old 19th February 2007, 06:54   #22
BANNED

Mods : Should this thread rest it's laurels in the What Car section ?
Old 19th February 2007, 12:24   #23
BHPian

My opinion...

Hi Ketan,

I own a Fiat Siena 1.7TD and two of my partners own Fiat Palio D. Palio and Siena are good cars no doubt, they offer good seating comfort, good road grip and suspension, but inspite of that both of our opinions are negative.

As Badri said, low ground clearance problems have caused considerable damage to the pockets of my partners. Basically, no proper service networks exists for Fiat at this point. Tata service outlets carry out only the basic jobs like oil service but then when something goes wrong major, there is no one to help you. Usually my car stands in the garage for a week waiting for spares if something like gearbox and engine component blows out. So if you can tolerate this delay for the comforts the car offers, then you can go for it.

Also the price they are expecting is way too high. I have well maintained 2000 end Siena 1.7TD which I'm not even able to sell for 1.3 lakhs (invoice price being 7.5L), so thats the resale value for Fiat cars in 5 years time.

Vishnu

Most Viewed