Team-BHP - Tata Indigo XL TDi @ 5.35 Lac Ex-Showroom
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Indigo XL TDi @ 5.35 Lac Ex-Showroom (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/74128-tata-indigo-xl-tdi-5-35-lac-ex-showroom.html)

I dont have more details but it would only cost 5.5lac OTR at Trivandrum for Tata Indigo XL TDi ( thanks to free insurance etc). Indigo XL used to come with DICOR engine and it was costly. I guess this is a great buy now.

Will update with pix and report if I go for a test drive.

With the Manza launched, the indigo is now passe. I wonder if this move will make any improvement to the XL in the long run.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jkd
Indigo XL used to come with DICOR engine and it was costly.

The 1.4 litre DICOR from Tata was very unreliable with major design issues which is why they moved to the tried & tested FIAT quadrajet engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1696346)
I dont have more details but it would only cost 5.5lac OTR at Trivandrum for Tata Indigo XL TDi ( thanks to free insurance etc). Indigo XL used to come with DICOR engine and it was costly. I guess this is a great buy now.

Will update with pix and report if I go for a test drive.

Indigo xL TDi has been in market since October 2009. This variant was introduced for Taxi and Fleet owners who had erstwhile Indigo as their Bread and Butter. With Manza's impending launch then, Tata Motors too sensed a huge loss in business due to Manza's non-Taxi pricing and positioning. Hence, the launch of xL TDi.

This vehicle is only available in Mint White colour owing to its positioning for Taxi and fleet operations. The vehicle is also a stripped down version of original XL. Other features of this vehicle include Power Windows in Rear seats. In fact, even the bolstered comfortable seats are only provided in the back with normal Indigo CS seats in front. There are other features like designated place for Cab Fare Machine, GPS and advertisements which would aid taxi owners.

In the past few months, this vehicle has become mode of choice for Meru Cabs and other cab companies. Tata currently enjoys exclusive tie-up with Meru Cab for supply of xL TDi. Meru has agreed to only include XL TDI now onwards for its fleet.

inclusion of only Tata Indigo in the meru fleet is a big loss for logan :(

Why not TATA give ABS and AIRBAG on this model. These safety standard are not new and not as costly to Indian automotive industry.

I thought XL is no longer available for new sale. I did not find it in showroom.
Great car but not good interiors and engine too. I think now they should have XL based on new platform with fiat engine. One should buy it and give to DC for building stretches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KALINGA (Post 1697142)
Why not TATA give ABS and AIRBAG on this model. These safety standard are not new and not as costly to Indian automotive industry.

Manza has airbags and ABS for concerned buyers. XL TDI is a completely barebone version of erstwhile XL aimed primarily at taxi fleets and government / diplomat supplies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrkanitkar (Post 1697419)
I thought XL is no longer available for new sale. I did not find it in showroom.
Great car but not good interiors and engine too. I think now they should have XL based on new platform with fiat engine. One should buy it and give to DC for building stretches.

Yes, the standard XL is now no longer available. XL TDi is a special product. Actually Manza has longer wheelbase than XL and more features so eliminating the need for XL for private buyers.

Looks like XL is kind of relaunched to fill the gap formed by the removal of Indigo in the Taxi market. XL is a perfect vehicle for Taxi operators, more space and diesel economy. No one would be concerned about the driving dynamics as well.

Good only for taxi operators who can't buy the Manza at the moment.

For personal users, the Manza has more than enough rear legroom anyways. Plus, it's a giant step ahead as an overall product compared to the old Indigo.