Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2010, 14:56   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Waiting for the all-new marina, but Tata seems to have it's hands full with Aria,Venture etc..
The best one could expect is in the next auto expo.If priced at a max premium of 50k over the manza people will still buy it.Load it with the manza features and price it right,it should do decent in our market.
P.S(Think of a 8 lac hatchback 5 years ago and now!)
Old 28th June 2010, 15:43   #32
BHPian

@asuhutoshb. Lovely rendering there. Looks very much like a Fiat Adventure. Particularly in the Red Colour (same as mine). Would love to see a little higher GC, if they decide to make it.
Old 28th June 2010, 16:05   #33
BHPian

I really hope that TATA does come out with an estate version of the manza. Station wagons dont sell in India,Agreed but Marina was/is the best selling station wagon in India till date. With the Manza TATA has good interiors,good comfort/ safety features and a good design and I guess they should capitalise on these factors.
Old 28th June 2010, 21:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

All Tata needs to do is to bring back the TATA ESTATE, with the Xenon front end, and a raked rear hatch true to the original.

An estate car, without a third row seating option doesn't make much sense for the Indian customer.
Old 28th June 2010, 23:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
All Tata needs to do is to bring back the TATA ESTATE, with the Xenon front end, and a raked rear hatch true to the original.

An estate car, without a third row seating option doesn't make much sense for the Indian customer.
Yes,but if launched,it will surely be overshadowed by the Victa or the Grande.
Old 29th June 2010, 14:23   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
C'mon ,both the victa and grande are based on old platforms and i don't want to say about the interiors.
The estate even if reborn would have manza like quality or even an aria platform. So it won't be outsold by the grande or victa,unless Tata drastically upgrades those two models,as they are very good in concept,but bad in execution.
Old 29th June 2010, 15:04   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Are you saying this from the price perspective ?

Prem.
Old 30th June 2010, 00:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Are you saying this from the price perspective ?

Prem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
C'mon ,both the victa and grande are based on old platforms and i don't want to say about the interiors.
The estate even if reborn would have manza like quality or even an aria platform. So it won't be outsold by the grande or victa,unless Tata drastically upgrades those two models,as they are very good in concept,but bad in execution.
I meant Tata has enough 7 seaters on its plate already.The Victa,Grande to start with and the upcoming Aria to finish things with .I don't think another one will find any many takers unless its a replacement model for the Victa or Grande.
Old 30th June 2010, 22:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post

Correct me if I am wrong, Estate and Xenon are totally into different segment, I am not sure why this is brought up in Vista Marina discussion.
Even if the estate comes it would surely not affect Marina's plan at all.
Old 30th June 2010, 23:41   #40
BANNED

In our country no one relates to the fact of having a weekend picnic going car.

The fiat Adventure and the Tata Indigo Marina are such wonderful cars, offering so much space and comfort in its estate version.

Wish the new Vista Marina changes the way we look. But request TATA's to loose that Marina name.
Old 1st July 2010, 00:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, Estate and Xenon are totally into different segment, I am not sure why this is brought up in Vista Marina discussion.
Even if the estate comes it would surely not affect Marina's plan at all.
Well,what he suggested was that Tata should bring back the Estate,albeit throughly revamped with the front end resembling that of the Xenon.

The Estate,if comes out will affect the Marina's plan considerably.There's no point having two station wagons in the product line-up,unless they have a substantial price difference.
Old 3rd July 2010, 21:35   #42
BHPian

Manza Station Wagon please

Tata,
Please introduce the Manza Station Wagon. compared to old indigo, Indigo Marina is well proportioned. But it doesn't hold much luggage as people think, as it can cover the rear visibility and top layer luggage can fall into the rear seat.

Last edited by TeddyBear : 3rd July 2010 at 21:37.
Old 15th March 2011, 00:38   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Will there be a Indigo Vista Marina?

Dunno if the news is confirmed or not, but my friend told me that in this week's Autocar show, a Tata motors official said that a new MUV will be developed on the Manza (X1) platform.
So Tata going to replace the Marina SW with an MUV(rather MPV in this case), which will surely do more volumes sales than a Manza marina would have done.
Old 15th March 2011, 05:59   #44
Senior - BHPian

A mini Aria in the making? Thats good news!
Old 15th March 2011, 07:47   #45
BHPian

Hadn't they always maintained that the Manza platform would not be taken to the drawing board to make a CS/XL version? I guess, technically, they are still sticking to that.

Mini Aria? Maybe its a domesticated Safari

Whats the difference between an MPV and MUV? Its a little hazy to me.

Most Viewed