Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2011, 08:13   #46
BHPian

Re: Manza Station Wagon please

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Tata,
Please introduce the Manza Station Wagon. compared to old indigo, Indigo Marina is well proportioned. But it doesn't hold much luggage as people think, as it can cover the rear visibility and top layer luggage can fall into the rear seat.
I somehow missed this !!!
In my 6 years of Marina ownership, not even once, the luggage from the trunk fell onto the rear seat and it all depends on how you load
I have had more than a dozen of outstation trips and every time, the trunk will be fully loaded and again, it depends on how you set things up in the trunk.

Coming back to the topic, if ARIA based mini MPV is coming in, thats a good news and I am sure, there will a lot of takers. I am looking fwd to it !

Prem.
Old 15th March 2011, 10:11   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Will there be a Indigo Vista Marina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Dunno if the news is confirmed or not, but my friend told me that in this week's Autocar show, a Tata motors official said that a new MUV will be developed on the Manza (X1) platform.
So Tata going to replace the Marina SW with an MUV(rather MPV in this case), which will surely do more volumes sales than a Manza marina would have done.
Yes , in this weeks Autocar show , Hormadz mentioned about the 7 seater , which is being developed on the Manza platform.
Old 15th March 2011, 11:11   #48
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Kavi above. I never had any issues with luggage falling out over onto the rear seat. It's like how you load and you wont believe how much luggage a Marina can simply swallow. In terms of luggage capacity I fondly call my Marina a mini 407.
Old 15th March 2011, 12:18   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RECOMPOSE View Post
Hadn't they always maintained that the Manza platform would not be taken to the drawing board to make a CS/XL version? I guess, technically, they are still sticking to that.

Mini Aria? Maybe its a domesticated Safari

Whats the difference between an MPV and MUV? Its a little hazy to me.
For one thing,i haven't believed that statement from Tata fully.
C'mon,how could one believe that they would'nt utilise the platform to the hilt.?
BTW, there is not much difference between MUV and MPV in terminology, but still i rather like BOF ,RWD vehicles like the Qualis,Tavera,Grande,Xylo,innova to be called MUV and minivans that are monocoque ,FWD to be MPVs, though these are my own views and in real world both MUV(indian usage) and MPV(int'nl usage) are the same.
P.S- Would rather prefer the 7 seater to be on the X2 platform than the X1 platform.

Last edited by DicKy : 15th March 2011 at 12:20.
Old 15th March 2011, 12:47   #50
Senior - BHPian

The X1 platform makes perfect sense for tata . They can make an urban MUV using this platform , than X2 which is more rugged and go anywhere type . The X1 will keep the costs down , and will be more agile and maneuvarable , as it is a monocoque construction .
Old 17th March 2011, 13:31   #51
Senior - BHPian

SRK's rendering's for the MPV based on Manza :

Will there be a Indigo Vista Marina?-tatamanzampv7seater.jpg

Courtesy : indianautosblog
Old 17th March 2011, 14:15   #52
BHPian

ha ah ... definitely the MPV design looks good to eyes than the sedan version.

Tata Designers,
Can you please have your eyes open.

The economic brand certainly needs a fresh thinking designer team. Hope the current team have an old design software with indica as there base design and edit options limited to modify only the boot and height.

Else hire SRK as a free lance designer ... lol

Last edited by aah78 : 17th March 2011 at 19:34. Reason: Text format tags removed.
Old 17th March 2011, 16:20   #53

Nice rendering by SRK. Vista MPV would look like an Innova. Adding side facing seats in the boot would be a nice option !
Old 17th March 2011, 18:33   #54
Senior - BHPian

So instead of doing an XL on the sedan, they're doing it on Station Wagon this time. I'm sure they'll have to increase the wheelbase to accommodate the extra seats. In the 1980s, Peugeot used to offer the option of two seats in the cargo area of one of their station wagons.
Old 17th March 2011, 22:28   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
SRK's rendering's for the MPV based on Manza :

Attachment 518625

Courtesy : indianautosblog
Excellent redering. But i hope the MPV will be more of a Mini Van this time (than a station wagon), with sliding doors (on both sides) at the rear. Venture is for the Taxis(~5L), Manza based Mini van for the family at a different price band(~10L). I think India is ready for a Mini van, but who will be the first one to create that segment in India. TM, Honda, Nissan etc got Mini Vans in their stable that can be introduced in India. TM, Mahindra, better be ready whenever this happens.
Old 17th March 2011, 23:18   #56
BHPian

It is a nice touch that SRK has put in ARIA headlights. However, I think Manza wagon would be a bit different and could look more like wagon and less like MPV.

On the contrary, TML has a good platform to build a competitor for XYLO and Innova. But I am not sure how the 3rd row integration would look like.

Last edited by gshanky : 17th March 2011 at 23:19.
Old 18th March 2011, 17:57   #57
BHPian

One of the great cars i have driven - the Marina. A car you will hate at the onset and then when it grows on you, nothing like it! Amazing mileage, space redefined, truly solid drive, seating comfort for all you want and it just pulls and pulls. It has a visibility that i wish i had in my present Tjet. And when the rear seats are folded, it can transport your entire household furniture. The AC is so good, the buyer of my Marina gave me an offer right after checking it out. City driving is agricultural but traffic never messed with my Marina. Even with all Tata's build quirkiness it still is a handsome car. The doors never shut in the first go, the turns indicators stalks were moody, the wipers wore off very fast, the fog lamp bulbs kept blowing, chrome strips kept getting dog eared, but these were minor kinks in a reliable loyal car. The TDI engine never once gave up and The Marina always loved me back unconditionally.
Really dearly miss the TATA INDIGO MARINA.
I only wish that if they extend the MArina to the Vista, its looks will only lean towards the Aria and not the Manza which is Car Design abomination.
Old 18th March 2011, 18:34   #58
Senior - BHPian

SRK's Manza MPV rendering looks like a mini Aria with a Manza face. An MPV would definitely make more sense than a Manza estate. With the Sumo Grande losing ground, Tata needs an affordable people mover in its range.
Old 18th March 2011, 19:02   #59
BHPian

Nice rendering by SRK, but with a small mistake. No Christmas tree tail taillights!

Its been carried through 13+ years. Hope Tata finally get out of the rut with this one.
Old 5th September 2011, 20:44   #60
BHPian

On Wednesday, 31st August, I saw Tata Manza based Station Wagon on Test. Rear end was total camouflaged. I saw it for only few moments.

Most Viewed