Team-BHP - Will there be a Indigo Vista Marina?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Will there be a Indigo Vista Marina? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/74141-will-there-indigo-vista-marina.html)

Two years after the launch of Indigo, Tata motors had unveiled the estate version of Indigo, Mrina in 2004.
Now TATA had launched the next generation Indigo, will there be a second generation Indigo Marina coming soon?
some says indian market is not matured for estate cars, but after using an estate car for few years, I feel an Indigo Vista Marina with all features of Indigo Vista will be a good choice.
Scoop masters of Team BHP, any clues?

Mods- Please merge this thread if it is already discussed

Indigo Marina, thought not a sales topper, it has always been a customer's pet. Many a customers of Marina would vouch for the vehicle in any circumstance and that has always been a positive sign for Tata Motors.

In fact, Marina sales haven been more than double of all the other estate cars put together in India. But the fact remains, It was still not enough. Estate market has continued to dwindle in India and is highly polarized between hatchbacks, sedans and the Utility vehicles. Other segments like estate cars (Marina) and lifestyle pick-up (Scorpio Getaway, Xenon XT) have never picked up even though the products on offer are at par with the best in the business.

Therefore, Tata Motors as of now has decided to continue with old-gen Marina which continues to sell and in the mean time play a wait and watch strategy. Another problem is while Xenon is doing good number of export, Marina is not even a healthy prospect in foreign markets making life difficult for this brilliant vehicle.

I don't think so that Tata Motors will go for the Indigo Vista Marina, as the station wagons such as Octavia Combi, Palio Adventure are not much successful in India & Indigo Marina is nowadays used as taxi only.

Vista Estate? Maybe a Manza Estate version. It will be a big one going by Manza's size and should give the rear a better look.

Don't see it coming though as estate's never sold much in India.

I think Manza Estate would be short Tata Aria.

if they bring it back the fate will be same. the estate market is horrible in india. maybe that is the reason tata will back up & concentrate more on aria.

but i would love to own a manza estate.

Tatas have not ruled out the possibility of the Vista/Manza estate version. During the Manza launch it was reported that it could come at a later date. So it's quite possible though may not be in near future.

If they launch it in near future hope the back design should not resemble with Aria like tail.

TATA please: make something different its getting monotonous with same design at the back and front.

Given the poor sales of the Baleno Altura,Corsa Swing,Tata Estate,Siena Weekend,I think the Estate version of the Manza enjoys a 20:80 chance

launching an estate based on the manza right now is not a good choice i think because a majority of marina sales were from taxi cab opearators like meru cab etc. Since those companies have already bought marina's about 2-3 yrs ago, they wont replace those very soon with the upcoming Manza Estate. SO i think Tata should wait for about 2 yrs more an then launch it. Still sales coming from customers except cab companies is a big question mark.

Even though the Estate models have not sold well in India, I would say Tata should launch the Manza Estate. Even if less numbers sell, Tata should offer this atleast as an option to its customers.

Marina is hugely practical as a family car. But due to smaller numbers being sold I doubt if it will come in its Manza avtaar, but if it comes it would surely be a looker and much more spacious than the present one.

it will looklike a baby aria

Quote:

Originally Posted by indian21r (Post 1697680)
it will looklike a baby aria

And that's a good thing if you ask me. But I would be surprised if they launch an estate version

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderernomad (Post 1697660)
Marina is hugely practical as a family car. But due to smaller numbers being sold I doubt if it will come in its Manza avtaar, but if it comes it would surely be a looker and much more spacious than the present one.

Absolutely, the estate version is the most practical version for families with more than normal luggage. Alas, this segment is not at all developed in India.