Team-BHP - Help required for making case against Dealer in Mumbai for delay in swift delivery
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Help required for making case against Dealer in Mumbai for delay in swift delivery (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7429-help-required-making-case-against-dealer-mumbai-delay-swift-delivery-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selective
Oh! It is Swift ZXi for sure! Just checked it parked in my garage! :-)

oooppss read ur post in a hurry and forgot we are talking about the swift here..sorry mate..

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay
I waited till end of july, got frustrated and today, I am a proud owner of an Indica V2 Diesel... I know that the Swift could be a great vehicle, but certainly the wait period is ridiculous... Look for other options. Certainly not worth the wait...

Good decision. I too would have opted for a different car, if I were to wait for so long. Swift is not GOD. Lot more cars available and each has its own advantage and disadvantage.

Though I own a Swift, I wish Maruti to burn their hands in this model because of their arrogant behavior. I understand the manufacturer has got their own problems in meeting the delivery schedule, but why not keep the system so transparent, so that they are not frustrating the guys who have booked for one.

Hi friends,

thanks for your advices. Although I don't have time for legal proceedings, I have drafted one letter and will send it to MD, MUL alongwith a copy to regional office and to the dealer. I will also write to autocarindia and JD power whether they can present my case but i need the email ID or postal address. If you have pl. let me know that.

AGP,

This is a good decision. Try this before you think of consumer court etc. Keep the copies of letters you send to all these guys. Tomorrow if you decide to go to consumer court, you can present these letters too! May be these letters will be handy and make your case strong.

All the best.

Selective.

Hi friends,

I have sent a letter to Shri Jagdish khattar, MD, MUL along with copies to Mr. Kinji Saito, Director (Marketing and Sales), Maruti Regional Office, Bandra, Maruti Works, Gurgaon, and Ratan motors.

Waiting for reply,

Don't forget to send a copy of your letter/email to Suzuki Japan. They are increasing their stake in Maruti, and the last thing they want just before they put their yen down are unhappy customers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surprise
Good decision. I too would have opted for a different car, if I were to wait for so long. Swift is not GOD. Lot more cars available and each has its own advantage and disadvantage.

Though I own a Swift, I wish Maruti to burn their hands in this model because of their arrogant behavior. I understand the manufacturer has got their own problems in meeting the delivery schedule, but why not keep the system so transparent, so that they are not frustrating the guys who have booked for one.

Your right... Customers cannot take the burnt of Maruti not forseeing the demand for the Swift and their manufacturing inability to meet that demand... I felt it honestly wasn't worth the wait, as I had reasons to buy a car immediately, and am still happy and smiling today when I see the swifts on road... Atleast on the fact that I have 4 wheels to drive today rather than wait endlessly for one... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGP
Hi friends,

I have sent a letter to Shri Jagdish khattar, MD, MUL along with copies to Mr. Kinji Saito, Director (Marketing and Sales), Maruti Regional Office, Bandra, Maruti Works, Gurgaon, and Ratan motors.

Waiting for reply,

hey AGP,

Good job on that one!

What RTECH has said is also quiet interesting, u cud send a mail to Suzuki, Japan too. when they get knocking from the headoffices, that really scares them! :)

also, in my view, this is a godsent indication to u to leave the Swift and go for the GETZ! :) readily available, and a superb car!

i drove aroud a Swift y;day of my cousin for around 100 kms, but wasnt very happy comparing it to the Getz, well, when u compare it to the Santro/Zen/Indica, it sure is awesome! :)

dude legal notices is not gonna scare any dealer hell be least bothered what ill suggest you to do is call up MUL not the toll free no. but one of their offices nd explain eveything to them im sure they will get you your car asap.

Very simple. Others are paying a premium to the dealer to buy cars & you are not. Happens when the demand is real high. I don't mean to say that you should also pay extra money.

I am planning to write an email to head office, japan. I got the mail address but not email ID . If anyone can provide me the emailID of Head Office, Japan.

Thanks

Hi AGP!!
Would like to express my thoughts to you.
The booking for Swift is full another 8 months in Chennai and Bangalore. 2 cities that i am very familiar with.

The booking count not going down is definitely a matter of concern.
I have been with cars for quite a while.

The dealers are very thick skinned. They would have a legal loop hole for all this. The receipt itself is done after a complete consultation with the lawyer.

I would suggest and comply with the smarter approach suggested by a few other too.
Go to the dealers showroom, Make a big scene and get the Sales managers in a fix. Do it in front of potential customers.

Please refrain from legal tussles as it would impact you only.
-> Cheque repayments
-> Servicing and all others

The choice is yours.

Cheers,
Raaj KS

i suggest u read this link...there is a lot u can learn from it..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...4&page=5&pp=15

I got my Swift delivered in Delhi in 3 weeks with the color of my choice! I could have got Silver Lxi Swift immidiately, however I wanted Red Vxi thus had to wait. Its a good idea to call the dealer daily and if possible get their mobile numbers and harass them daily. That worked for me:)