Help required for making case against Dealer in Mumbai for delay in swift delivery
I have booked my swift vxi on 6th Jun 2005 with Ratan Motors, Mumbai but till now I have not recieved my car or even a satisfactory reply/feedback. I was told that within 6 weeks I will get my car. When I contacted dealer on 8th July my waiting number was 12th and till today it is 11. I am very surprised that within 60 days ony one vxi was delivered!!!! They always say that there is a shortage of the car, I couldn't trust them. My wife is in hospital and I need tha car badly. I informed the dealer but there was no positive reply. I am planning to write a legal letter to Ratan motors with a copy to Jagdish Khattar, MD of MUL.
But for that I need the feedback from our team-bhp friends who have booked swift in mumbai. Pl provide your booking details like booking date, name of dealer and date of delivery if any. These informations will make my case stronger as I will indicate these details in my letter.
Please help me to get my car.
well i suppose it wont take that long to deliver 1 car..urs certainly cant be 11th on the list after waiting for so long..what i assume is as ur not pressurising them too much they must have taken u lightly and gone about delivering cars to other people and postponing ur delivery..what i suggest u is to go give them a nice thrashing and tell them that u will cancel the booking if not adhered to asap..or tell them that ur writing a complaint to MUL,not sure if it would make any difference to them knowing from my own experience..but anyways try..dont budge to their requests saying there is no stock and crap..maybe they are just doing this to hype up the demand too by creating delays..
Give a tough time to the Sales Manager & representative. Walk in to the showroom & start discuss (argue) about the delay in front of the potential customers, who were there to the showroom.
They may get frustrated and ask you to goahead with the cancellation, but don't do it. Ask them to commit the delivery time. If they say it will take 2 months or so, ask them to give it in writing.
This is the trick which works for people to get their cars delivered bypassing the ones already in Q.
Regarding your case against the dealer, do you have enough documents in writing from the dealer on the commitment he made. Not only the initial one, also the following false promises which they made.
I guess this would be of little help as the parent company itself doesn't know how to get out of this issue
well very true surprise..u got to be equally stubborn with these guys..i remember about 3 yrs back we went to purchase a new indica and we didnt like the colours they had(a new set of colours were out by then but in limited sock)..so we insisted that we get to choose from the latest colours and they started giving all kind of reasons..no stock,all pre-booked and stuff..when my dad said let us choose from the new colours or else we would drop out the dealer took us to the godown and showed us the latest colours that had come in just 5 days back..i liked the stone blue and decided to book it(read only one car in stone blue was there at the godown)..then they said there is only one car in stone blue and that it was already booked by someone else and so we had to wait for another week..when my dad said he would look out in another showroom those people postponed the booking of that guy giving him all kind of reasons(feel sad for him though) and gave us the same car though they had already committed to him..same might be the case with u..so go there and be firm..
AGP, unfortunately you donít have anything with you in writing. Though its certain that your current position is not 11th, you need a court commission or something like that -the court should order THEM to produce their sales register- and only then you stand in for a chance. It is almost certain that they will deliver the car before things reach that level.
Since your wife is in hospital I strongly advice you to restrain from such a complicated legal proceeding. IMHO, serve them a legal notice thru a lawyer and I think that will be enough to deliver.
And, yes, ask them to give whatever promises they make, in black and white.
You need to get prepared to roll on the mud, if we want to get these guys on their toes. Your'e right sandeepmdas
mite, best way is to take a advocate friend of urs along to Ratan Motors and talk to the MD there directly, and inform him that u plan to file a case agaisnt them for the delay and a compensation as ur wife is in the hospital and the car is really very important to u...
secondly, call up the maruti ppl, and actually shout at them and show them ur anger.. i have seen one thing, in india, if u want to get ur work done when its not being done, u HAFTA SHOUT AT THEM !!!!! i had the same problem at Mahindra with my Scorpio, i started yelling at the MD there and he was embarrased to limits! unfortunately, Indians have a mentality that jab tak chalta hai chalne do, problem hoga tab dekha jaaega!
so yea, gotta show them u can be big trouble to them if they dont OBEY u!
dont forget to call the maruti ppl, and well, many a times, it does help creating a scene in the showroom , whilst seeing that things are under control.
unfortunately, thats the way u gotta deal with idiots like such!
if u were in hyd, then i wud have surely helped u out :)
also wanted to add:
There is a VERY VERY BRIGHT CHANCE that the dealer is selling off ur vehilcle at a premium to other ppl, as in hyd, the premium here is anywhere around 20,000 to 40,000 for the Swift!!!!!
so yea, this is the time the dealers have been waiting for to make some extra money!
From my experience it is a certainty that Maruti along with its dealers is upto its old tricks,,send a letter to www.autocarindia.com and ask them to take up the matter in the magazine and u will find u have plenty of company,,which is why i maintain that a good product can be spoilt by bad dealer attitude,,in this day ,to have a waiting list for a 4 lakh Suzuki,,comeon guys lets fight for our rights
I waited till end of july, got frustrated and today, I am a proud owner of an Indica V2 Diesel... I know that the Swift could be a great vehicle, but certainly the wait period is ridiculous... Look for other options. Certainly not worth the wait...
First, write to e-mail ID to the dealer and MUL sales with following :
1) State details of your car bookings and verbal committments given. Tell him to provide a confirmed date of delivery within reasonable time frame. In case of failure to do so, you will cancel the booking.
2) In that event, you'll write to various auto car magazines/media about this frustrating experience to educate other potential Swift buyers :D Tell them you will state only facts and let people decide and not influence with your personal conclusion. But you are sure what people will think after reading the whole episode.
3) You are planning to buy Getz since you are frustrated with whole Swift experience.
4) You are exploring ways to communicate and record this with JD power ratings system, in which MUL takes so much pride.
Second, do not get into legal tangle unless you have written proofs and commitments. Even if you have it, there is not much you can gain by that except some minor compensation.
Have been hearing lots of complaints about Maruti lately.
Guess the swift success has got to their head.
AGP dont shout at the dealership, in front of whomever and make a nuisance of yourself. But argue your case strongly. After all those people are there to sell cars and it is not a govt office. I am sure if you threaten to cancel the deal and complain to MUL/JD power, they will come up with something.
I booked ZXi on 8th June, and I got the car delivered on 22nd August!! I am in Bangalore. Its all about how much (quality) noise you make and to whom all you write. I managed all these things only with the emails to Maruti regional manager (my company really helped me following it up with him) and used to make phone calls to dealer twice a week! I never threatened anyone but made sure that, whenever they communicate to me, I used to drag the conversation to a committment (what is the earliest you can deliver?). So it is about patience and how long you can hold it without getting irritated or tired!
All the best.
Oh! It is Swift ZXi for sure! Just checked it parked in my garage! :-)
|All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:25.|