Team-BHP - Face-lifted Corolla ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Face-lifted Corolla ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/7430-face-lifted-corolla.html)

I was looking to buy a corolla, but the dealer told me a new face-lifted model is expected across all the variants. The changes are basically cosmetic with changes mainly to the headlights, grill, tail-lamps and the alloys. The new car is expected in a month or so. Does any one here have any idea of this? I don't want to wait too long, but don't mind waiting for around a month if thats when its expected. And can some one please confirm the changes because i am pretty sure i won't have the present discounts, and so is it worth the wait?

As far as I know, the face lifted Corollas have been rolling off the assembly line. If they arent in dealerships already, expect them anytime.

GTO

Whoaaa. how come i didnt know about that?! New piece of news for me... I hope there arent any changes to the bumper positioning and frame.... bodykit coming up in a couple of weeks! Any pics of the facelifted version?

Arush

Quote:

Originally Posted by autopsyche
Whoaaa. how come i didnt know about that?! New piece of news for me... I hope there arent any changes to the bumper positioning and frame.... bodykit coming up in a couple of weeks! Any pics of the facelifted version?

Arush

ha arush..u better keep a touch with all the dealers around delhi and ask them to update u on any facelifts to their cars..that way u wont have to create a bodykit for a car whose production is going to stopped in lieu of a newer variant just like whats happened now..and again create a new design for the new version too..

Quote:

The changes are basically cosmetic with changes mainly to the headlights, grill, tail-lamps and the alloys.
Oh no not again! When will these Japanese and Koreans learn? How i hate these "new improved" cars that are launched every few months by these car makers. :mad:
There goes another point in favour of European car makers who retain the same version for a number of years.

It also comes with ABS and Air Bags.. don't think it had these features before..

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit
Oh no not again! When will these Japanese and Koreans learn? How i hate these "new improved" cars that are launched every few months by these car makers. :mad:

I know. It is a bit irritating. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by typeOnegative
I know. It is a bit irritating. LOL

And it can be highly highly irritating when someone just bought one very recently... Hope no corolla owner who has just bought one has read this piece... He'd pass out.... lol: and then pay another visit to his dealer...

Guys,
the facelifted corolla has been launched in Malaisiya.
Go check it out.
Neo., i would advise you against the corolla because even an 800 has a better suspension, but that apart it is an awesome car.

Hey NEO,

It did come in Augusts ACI about the Corolla. They are expected by end of this month!

Why dont you check out the Optra. Awesome Value for money!

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay
And it can be highly highly irritating when someone just bought one very recently... Hope no corolla owner who has just bought one has read this piece... He'd pass out.... lol: and then pay another visit to his dealer...

I know. LOL. You buy a car and then your neighbour buys the same car version 2 with 'better' looks and you just go mad. Ha hahahahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
Guys,
the facelifted corolla has been launched in Malaisiya.
Go check it out.

Go, check it out in Malaysia?? lol:

Anyone found pics of it anywhere?

The face-lifted Corolla should be out by this month-end.
Toyota is also planning a `Limited Sports` version of the Corolla.This one would be having a 2ltr engine with 0-100 in less than 8secs.The exterior will also have a sporty look with bumper lip spoilers,side-skirts,spoiler etc.It should be out sometime during Diwali.
Only 100 units will be maufactured.So hurry up....;)

X

Wow, this is big news. Havent seen this car even in the states. As far as a sporty version, there is a bodykitted version called XRS for US market
that comes with the Celica/Elise 1.8L engine with 8000 rpm redline. No 2-liter sports Corolla that I know of exists and I doubt they would do 100 units just for India.