Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 02:20   #136
BHPian

With this channel only featuring on Tatasky and no other set up, I don't think id wait anymore for Airtel IPTV to show up in my area....to hell with time shift for the time being !
Old 4th February 2010, 09:32   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
Discovery Turbo is without doubt an excellent channel. I love all their shows. However i feel that 5th Gear is a let down. I had heard so much about it and that people would always compare it to Top Gear. So after watching a few episodes, i am sorry to say that its not what i thought it would be. I feel its a fairly poor attempt to imitate Top Gear. I mean, i love the sarcasm of Jeremy Clarkson. That is missing in Tiff Needell. Moreover Top Gear Challenges are legend and something which 5th Gear does not have. But since i have no choice, 5th gear will do for now!
Plus ten to that my friend. Hope BBC gets it on air soon.
Old 4th February 2010, 09:37   #138
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

under pressure of this kind and with other channels like Turbo taking away viewerships, Im sure BBC will be forced to consider re-introduction of Top Gear in India. Trouble is that we dont know when they will do so, hence its wait and watch and hope till then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Plus ten to that my friend. Hope BBC gets it on air soon.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:24   #139
BHPian

Awesome channel....Discovered it late one night and even my PS3 has taken a backseat since then. When at home its either Turbo or my PS3.
Old 4th February 2010, 10:47   #140
BHPian

The ride of your life

Thanks TBHP and Tata Sky. I have been waiting for this since long that we could have 24hr channel on Automobiles.

But the problem at my home is it was 2 way fight (my wife and son), now it has become a 3 way fight (me, my wife and son) though some time my son supports me...I think it is the order of the day in most of the homes.

Way to go...I think the content can be made up to date and would like to see some of the content which is made in India too. Such those which are designed by Indian design house like DC. Though there is less difference between the cars sold in UK and those sold in India, but the reviews can differ as the engines are different. Also lots of features are not included in Indian cars.

I think Discovery is best....as I watch only discovery channels. If it is not auto then science and travel and living...I would buy any of their services at any cost....I hope they come up with their own service with HD setup boxes.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 4th February 2010 at 21:20. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 4th February 2010, 10:57   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But the problem at my home is it was 2 way fight (my wife and son), now it has become a 3 way fight (me, my wife and son) though some time my son supports me...I think it is the order of the day in most of the homes.
Get TS+ then you can record. Only painfull thing is that one does not know the content, what is repeated when. Wife is getting pretty pissed as i am spending too much time sorting and viewing
Old 4th February 2010, 11:37   #142
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

actually i ve been watching it quite regularly nowadays - typically one gets to see the same programmes repeated thrice daily - early morning, day time and again night time - atleast on weekends.

my wife is shocked at me - since I hardly watch tv as a rule and now Im leaping at the remote for Channel No 221 all the time!

i dont think we need Tata Sky + just yet since we luckily have 2 regular tata sky's at home - at least I can buzz off to the other room and watch if I want and leave wifey in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Get TS+ then you can record. Only painfull thing is that one does not know the content, what is repeated when. Wife is getting pretty pissed as i am spending too much time sorting and viewing

Last edited by shankar.balan : 4th February 2010 at 11:39.
Old 4th February 2010, 13:06   #143
BHPian

Lucky guys!
My Dish TV doesn't have it with them. Plus, I checked the Customer Care but they said Dish TV doesn't show it.
DAMN!!
Old 4th February 2010, 15:47   #144
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians. I was glued to Discovery Turbo last night. Fifth Gear was pretty interesting. They tested a Ford GT supercar with a Formula Ford. 550bhp vs 150bhp. And the winner was the tiny Formula Ford! Awesome stuff! I also liked the was Tiff Needell reviewed the 3 cars in under 5 minutes! And the new Miata was lovely too! But they are showing older ones i guess.. :(
Old 4th February 2010, 20:05   #145
Team-BHP Support

The Tata Sky people would be pretty pleased with themselves if they come across this thread! Besides, there are several prospective customers and one of them is me!
Old 4th February 2010, 20:11   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuru16 View Post
Lucky guys!
My Dish TV doesn't have it with them. Plus, I checked the Customer Care but they said Dish TV doesn't show it.
DAMN!!
i don't wanna endorse a brand or take pot shots at others! but tata sky is true international content provider for india. as it has tie ups various networks. and i trust skycorp UKs trusted technology!

my fave channels are. WB, bbc entertainment, TLC, Disc-turbo! and who can forget HBO!
Old 5th February 2010, 18:18   #147
Senior - BHPian

Yes, i saw it too and was really excited. Will be subscribing to it soon

Finally. Our prayers have been answered
Old 6th February 2010, 12:24   #148
BHPian

I finally found it yesterday and have subscribed. Great find thanks Shan2nu. I am gonna spend the whole weekend glued to it!
Old 6th February 2010, 13:36   #149
kkg
BHPian

Discovery Turbo channel: NOW ACTIVATED

Daily fights with my wife: NOW ACTIVATED
Old 7th February 2010, 01:46   #150
BHPian

Cheers!

Subscribed. And enjoying every moment as soon as im home.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks